PDA

View Full Version : What should I take for lunch if...

TheGallows
09-03-2008, 11:00 AM
I have class from 9-4 with only 10 min breaks between classes? I was considering getting meal-replacement drinks like SlimFast because they are portable, low prep, low mess/noise/smell and 300 calories.

your thoughts?

TheGallows
09-03-2008, 11:05 AM
BUMP

will rep

longsnapper50
09-03-2008, 11:06 AM
big ass breakfast. eat during class if u can. and mrp r good for in between classes. and when is your lunch?

TheGallows
09-03-2008, 11:08 AM
big ass breakfast. eat during class if u can. and mrp r good for in between classes. and when is your lunch?

I'm talkin' university so there's no 'Lunch Time' I just have those 10 min gaps for traveling to class/ eating

longsnapper50
09-03-2008, 11:11 AM
I'm talkin' university so there's no 'Lunch Time' I just have those 10 min gaps for traveling to class/ eating

that really sucks. your best bet is to eat/drink something between every class. because a real meal wont be possible. try to eat nuts/raisins in class if possible and mrp's like muscle milk, myoplex ext for in between and maybe some PB and banana sandwiches u could eat as u walk between classes.

btw how many classes is that. and is this your schedule every day?

TulsaCoker
09-03-2008, 11:12 AM
well you could make a sandwich (PB&J) fruit and nuts. Trail mix is also good to keep on hand. If your looking fo rsomethink to drink, the slim fast like you mentioned and the ensure drinks are real balanced. Alsways keep a bottle of water too.

TheGallows
09-03-2008, 11:13 AM
that really sucks. your best bet is to eat/drink something between every class. because a real meal wont be possible. try to eat nuts/raisins in class if possible and mrp's like muscle milk, myoplex ext for in between and maybe some PB and banana sandwiches u could eat as u walk between classes.

btw how many classes is that. and is this your schedule every day?

will rep on recharge.

TheGallows
09-03-2008, 11:15 AM
well you could make a sandwich (PB&J) fruit and nuts. Trail mix is also good to keep on hand. If your looking fo rsomethink to drink, the slim fast like you mentioned and the ensure drinks are real balanced. Alsways keep a bottle of water too.

great thanks

Steelghost
09-03-2008, 11:15 AM
ok here is a perfect fast lunch that is super easy to make and quick to eat.

Buy some whole weat flats. basically they are oval sized flats for making wraps with. Ok now either take some cubed up chicken breast or get some sliced chicken or turkey at your deli and put a bunch on one side. Ok, now put a layer of salsa on top of it for a little punch. add some lettace if you want and wrap it up tight.

Now you've got a really good super high protein lunch/snack. The salsa has like 0 calories and the carbs are very little. Just an idea

Dukoria
09-03-2008, 11:17 AM
What about making your own granola bars? - get creative. haha. - healthy wise.

I like to make protein pancakes to carry for snacks :)
Cooked chicken breast tenders - even chilled they are a great snack for me.
Even turkey patties, hamburger patties - for my OMG i'm starving after a workout. - get creative with spices. For the crunch - try baking sweet potatoe fries - keeping in a baggie, etc..
Even turkey meatballs - with rice in them for fillers, seasonings. (can be DRY so may need to put them in no salt or sugar free catsup.)

Something you can put in a baggie and eat on the run.
Yam cookies. (sorry can't share that recipe. hehe)

I could go on. I'm used to liking the grab and go meals.

longsnapper50
09-03-2008, 11:19 AM
dont know if your in a dorm or what but u could do this. just use a micro wave if u have access to one.

i've been eating this a lot lately and it will be a mainstay as my pre and post workout meals. this is a real easy recipe for people living in dorms or people that don't like to cook. all you need is a microwave

Ingredients:
3 large sweet potatoes
2 cups raw oatmeal
a few spoonfuls of almond butter
some honey
bowl
tupperware container

Preparation:
wash and pierce the sweet potatoes with a fork or knife
throw them in the microwave for 10 minutes or until they are soft
scoop out the insides and place in the tupperware
mix with a cup of oatmeal and spread out evenly in the container

in the other bowl, mix the rest of the oats, honey, and almond butter together
this should make a granola looking mixture
spread it out on top of the sweet potato and oat mixture

throw it in the fridge and eat it cold the next morning!

this is a quote from SDFlip

make this and eat from the container wile walking to your classes

also make sludge and put in tuppaware. sludge is 2 scoops choco protein and 2-3 tbl pb with some water mixed into a "sludge". dindt know if u knew what it was.

TheGallows
09-03-2008, 11:27 AM
ok here is a perfect fast lunch that is super easy to make and quick to eat.

Buy some whole weat flats. basically they are oval sized flats for making wraps with. Ok now either take some cubed up chicken breast or get some sliced chicken or turkey at your deli and put a bunch on one side. Ok, now put a layer of salsa on top of it for a little punch. add some lettace if you want and wrap it up tight.

Now you've got a really good super high protein lunch/snack. The salsa has like 0 calories and the carbs are very little. Just an idea

dont know if your in a dorm or what but u could do this. just use a micro wave if u have access to one.

this is a quote from SDFlip

make this and eat from the container wile walking to your classes

also make sludge and put in tuppaware. sludge is 2 scoops choco protein and 2-3 tbl pb with some water mixed into a "sludge". dindt know if u knew what it was.

awesome guise!

QB_Killa
09-03-2008, 12:36 PM
I usually take some whey and a peanut butter and banana sandwich thats a meal right there with protein, carbs and healthy fats.
I'd prefer a better carb source though.

lbleiweiss
09-03-2008, 03:43 PM
u can't make chicken n rice and put it in tupper ware? thats pretty easy!