PDA

View Full Version : Hm...who to start. Vincent Jackson (WR-SD) or Meachem (NO)

RWHJR3
09-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Just as the title states. Who would you start? Both offenses SHOULD be electrifying.

ty247
09-03-2008, 10:28 AM
vincent jackson imo, just because NO is going against the bucs(no.1 pass defense last year).. and colston is the definite #1 receiver in NO where as jackson and chambers it hasn't really been determined..

plus jackson started to come into his own during the playoffs last year.. and if you believe in the 3 year theory for WR's, this is his year to break out

capitaboarder
09-03-2008, 10:31 AM
I'd start Vincent Jackson if I HAD to start one of those two...no other better options??

dirtdickens
09-03-2008, 11:54 AM
I drafted Meachum this year with all the hopes of him being the #2. Never liked the guy in college and thought he was a huge reach in the draft, but what the hell I took him anyway. I will be dropping him today, as not only is Devery Henderson starting, Meachum is listed behind Patton also.

Vincet Jackson is in his third year(good point above) and there are better options. Some guys that I have seen go undrafted in other leagues:
Galloway-ALWAYS torches the Saints
Mushin- Every preseason game he played Delhomme looked his way in the red zone. Looks like the same combo from a few years ago.
Derek Mason- Scores 100+ every year.

Prezidential
09-03-2008, 11:55 AM
Definitely Jackson for week one. If Meachem does well, then you can swap back later in the year.

jlick
09-03-2008, 02:08 PM
Jackson- this is coming from a NO fan. Meachem still has a couple guys ahead of him on the depth chart. That doesn't mean he won't be the number 2 WR by midseason if he plays well (see PATTEN who was #4 at the start of season, and worked his why up to the #2 WR)

RWHJR3
09-03-2008, 02:22 PM
Yea, even though both teams have a lot of weapons, Jackson will be #2 and Meachem is still down the food chain. I def will go with Jackson.