PDA

View Full Version : Increasing the number of meals eaten

Ppk487
09-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Hey guys, this maybe a bit of a ridiculous question, but here goes: I started my second bulk yesterday, and along with a more grueling workout routine, I've obviously been eating a lot more. My question is being a college student and all, while I still get my meals in during the day with out a problem, is it OK if I were to eat 6-8 meals rather than 4-6? From the time before I wake up in the morning to the time I get home from school (approximately 8-9 hours), I eat around 4 meals generally speaking. Once I get home, I usually have enough time to have a small meal like a shake or yogurt or something before I eat dinner. Those two meals are thus meals 5 and 6. Following dinner is when I like to hit the weights at the gym, so afterwards I drink a shake and go to bed a few hours later giving me a total of 6-7 meals eaten a day on average.

Now I eat said meals so that I get about 400-500 cals in each (on average) so I'm not overdoing it with excess calories and such. My question is whether or not you guys think this is fine. Thanks.

KlimTheSmartCow
09-02-2008, 04:14 PM
Hey guys, this maybe a bit of a ridiculous question, but here goes: I started my second bulk yesterday, and along with a more grueling workout routine, I've obviously been eating a lot more. My question is being a college student and all, while I still get my meals in during the day with out a problem, is it OK if I were to eat 6-8 meals rather than 4-6? From the time before I wake up in the morning to the time I get home from school (approximately 8-9 hours), I eat around 4 meals generally speaking. Once I get home, I usually have enough time to have a small meal like a shake or yogurt or something before I eat dinner. Those two meals are thus meals 5 and 6. Following dinner is when I like to hit the weights at the gym, so afterwards I drink a shake and go to bed a few hours later giving me a total of 6-7 meals eaten a day on average.

Now I eat said meals so that I get about 400-500 cals in each (on average) so I'm not overdoing it with excess calories and such. My question is whether or not you guys think this is fine. Thanks.

I eat 7-8 meals a day, and i dont think there is anything wrong with it, as long as you are using the cals

Ppk487
09-02-2008, 04:47 PM
Well by using the cals, do you mean working out on that particular day, or no?

Today being Tuesday, I have off from lifting, and I ate about 2700 cals to this point, and I'll eat some yogurt with granola as a pre-bed snack in an hour or so putting me just over 3,000 cals for the day.