PDA

View Full Version : Nutrition Dummy

mavmech13
08-31-2008, 05:35 PM
Ok I've done a lot of reading and searching to gain understanding of proper nutrition but nothing is clicking for me. So I am asking anyone that could possibly help me for some help. I'm about 5'5" around 150-155lbs. I want to get back up to around 175lbs. that way when I cut back down I have the muscle to look the way I want. I want to know what would be proper nutrition for my goals. When I was 175 I was big but I didn't really eat healthy just more of the junk I was already eating this time I want to do it right. ANY advice would be appreciated, the only thing I ask is if you tell me I should eat 'x' amount of calories or whatever please tell me why. Like I said any help would be greatly appreciated. I know this is the wrong section but if anyone can tell me if my supps are in order I would also appreciate it. Here are the supps I'm currently taking:

Animal Pump
Isopure Protein drink (40g)
Fish Oil (haven't taken any just picked up today)

Thank you to anybody that helps.

Nom Z
08-31-2008, 06:16 PM
You need to keep track of your daily calories so that you can find out what your maintenance calories are, then add 200-500 calories to that to bulk. Keep eating large amounts of clean foods every 3 hours or so to fit your calorie requirements. When your gains stall, add another 200 calories to your diet and keep doing that until you get to your goal weight.

Clean foods are meat and poultry, veggies, whole grains, fruits, nuts, just whole, no-additives food. Also, whole milk and peanut butter is great for bulking.

Animal pump before workout with a banana would be good, then isopure after working out with some banana or oats. Fish oil upon waking is what I do.

mavmech13
08-31-2008, 06:29 PM
Ok so what your saying is first figure out what my calorie intake is now, and then add? And the supps I'm taking should be good? Why a banana, sorry for all the questions bro. Thanks for droppin the knowledge, you have been repped.

Nom Z
08-31-2008, 07:10 PM
Yes, you should know how many calories it takes to maintain your weight, and from that, you will know how much you will need to bulk or cut. The supps are good, animal pump is just for energy and pump in the gym and won't help directly with gaining weight.

I like a banana pre and post workout bc it has good carbs for energy and potassium in it. Any kind of fruit is pretty much good.

Btw, you cannot actually rep anyone till you have 50 posts and 1+ rep power, just letting you know, good luck.

mavmech13
08-31-2008, 07:37 PM
Thanks for the info bro! And thanks for letting me know about the reps I owe you when I can lol.

Peace