PDA

View Full Version : Pre-cooked Chicken

Marius_Ursus
08-26-2008, 10:12 AM
Isn't there a pre-cooked chicken that you can buy at the grocery store called something like "cutting board" or something? I need some to toss on top of my dinner salad tonight, and I don't feel like buying a whole roaster.

Please no, "Why don't you just...?" answers. Chances are I've already thought of it and just don't want to.

Capt_Lou
08-26-2008, 10:15 AM
Isn't there a pre-cooked chicken that you can buy at the grocery store called something like "cutting board" or something? I need some to toss on top of my dinner salad tonight, and I don't feel like buying a whole roaster.

Please no, "Why don't you just...?" answers. Chances are I've already thought of it and just don't want to.

"If I were you"......I would just call the grocery store :D

SP1966
08-26-2008, 10:16 AM
http://www.tyson.com/Recipes/product/ViewProduct.aspx?id=296

We usually have a bag of this around

Marius_Ursus
08-26-2008, 10:20 AM
http://www.tyson.com/Recipes/product/ViewProduct.aspx?id=296

We usually have a bag of the around

Thanks for the idea! I'll probably use that if I can't find specifically what I'm looking for. Tyson has a track record of dirty conditions and hormones, but I'm glad to know it's there if I can't get what I'm after in the deli or something.

Marius_Ursus
08-26-2008, 10:20 AM
"If I were you"......I would just call the grocery store :D

There one in every crowd.

Why, I oughtta...

:D

SP1966
08-26-2008, 10:21 AM
It hasn't killed me yet... :eek:

Chipman
08-26-2008, 10:23 AM
I doubt if you have poultry processing plants where you live but if you do they usually have a sort of outlet store where you can get them a bit fresher.

dogguy
08-26-2008, 12:45 PM
Isn't there a pre-cooked chicken that you can buy at the grocery store called something like "cutting board" or something?
--Purdue Short Cuts! And it comes in different styles, like grilled italian. Yum!

Tallgntlmn
08-26-2008, 03:08 PM
I was also thinking the Tyson product mentioned earlier. I'll get that in a pinch. Now if I know I want it more than just a few dinners, I will grill a bunch, slice it and freeze it. The only thing I find wrong with the Tyson product is the price. That is so expensive versus making your own.

dogguy
08-26-2008, 04:07 PM
IThe only thing I find wrong with the Tyson product is the price. That is so expensive versus making your own.
--True! But depends too on were you buy it. Check out Walmart food market, if you have one in your area. The Purdue 6oz is $2.87. Not bad considering its already cooked and ready to eat.

StressMonkey
08-26-2008, 06:15 PM
I eat this straight from the can. The picture on the can shows it on a salad.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51VYKMR5JNL._SS500_.jpg

slave2beingFit
08-26-2008, 06:24 PM
Yes, I ususually keep a bit of canned chicken in the house for said emergencies. Not as good as the above mentioned grilled - or the grilled yourself. But, it beats the temptation of fast food.............

StressMonkey
08-26-2008, 06:29 PM
Yes, I ususually keep a bit of canned chicken in the house for said emergencies. Not as good as the above mentioned grilled - or the grilled yourself. But, it beats the temptation of fast food.............

Oh definitely. I never said it was good, just a good source of protein. :D At least it's better than cottage cheese. ;)

Fifty+
08-26-2008, 09:32 PM

I would hope by the time this posts you would have had your dinner. I've been in that situation and stopped by El Pollo Loco and purchased 2 grilled chicken breasts. Obviously it depends where you live and what's available, but if I remember correctly, you have some experience with So. Cal.
Hope your meal turned out well.
oldfart

Marius_Ursus
08-27-2008, 06:24 AM
I would hope by the time this posts you would have had your dinner. I've been in that situation and stopped by El Pollo Loco and purchased 2 grilled chicken breasts. Obviously it depends where you live and what's available, but if I remember correctly, you have some experience with So. Cal.
Hope your meal turned out well.
oldfart

You could say I have some experience there having lived there for 10 years. ;)

I remember Pollo Loco. They had awesome fiesta bowls from what I recall.

crupiea
08-27-2008, 08:17 AM
but at what cost?!

Marius_Ursus
08-27-2008, 08:22 AM
but at what cost?!

Somewhere around five bucks.

phikappa
08-27-2008, 08:23 AM
but at what cost?!

Yeah, a lot of that stuff is high in sodium. Be careful, mkay?

Marius_Ursus
08-27-2008, 08:26 AM
Yeah, a lot of that stuff is high in sodium. Be careful, mkay?

A bowl of beans, rice, grilled chicken, and salsa isn't going to kill you if you eat one a couple of times per month.

phikappa
08-27-2008, 08:27 AM
A bowl of beans, rice, grilled chicken, and salsa isn't going to kill you if you eat one a couple of times per month.

You sound like a gambling man.

Marius_Ursus
08-27-2008, 08:47 AM
You sound like a gambling man.

More like a rambling man.

I'm not nearly that exciting.