PDA

View Full Version : Excellent speech by Michelle Obama, but can Cindy match it?

J2BIGG
08-25-2008, 09:03 PM
http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2008/0825/20080825__US-VOTE-DNC2008-MICHELLE-OBAMA~p1.jpg

I'd say no. I haven't heard Cindy give a speech yet. But she should give a speech, so America can know who she is and what kind of first lady she'd become.

HitItHard
08-25-2008, 09:03 PM
**** michelle obama, racist bitch

overthehorizon
08-25-2008, 09:08 PM
Are you talking about Cindy Sheehan? I think she is the most influential historical figure of our era and will be seen as such in retrospect. She is utterly captivating to see live.

moondoggey
08-25-2008, 09:08 PM

i havent heard too much bout her do go on and shall what you have to say

HitItHard
08-25-2008, 09:10 PM
i havent heard too much bout her do go on and shall what you have to say

everytime i hear her speak its all about race. **** her.

T150
08-25-2008, 09:11 PM

Interesting. How so?

NorthMass
08-25-2008, 09:12 PM
Are you talking about Cindy Sheehan? I think she is the most influential historical figure of our era and will be seen as such in retrospect. She is utterly captivating to see live.

Cindy Sheehan owns. Hopefully the people of San Fransisco elect her over Pelosi.

J2BIGG
08-25-2008, 09:31 PM
i havent heard too much bout her

Well she just got through speaking at the DNC Convention. It was great, and has gotten alot of great reviews so far in the press. You can hear some of it on cnn.com and msnbc.com.

HELIX35
08-25-2008, 09:32 PM
You mean Michelle "first time being proud of America" Obama?

Yeah, she's a real tough act to follow

JamesGatz83
08-25-2008, 09:41 PM

Some of you guys are so cynical and hardheaded. Once you get something in your head about someone, all hope immediately ceases of them ever getting a chance again.

I think she's relatively irrelevant, but she delivered a good speech. And I refuse to condemn her as evil personified like so many of you partisans are in such a rush to do over a term paper and a poorly thought out comment.

Even if she wasn't particularly proud of America, is there really any reason to hate her so passionately? She's entitled to that opinion, just as you and I are entitled to our patriotism.

I couldn't be more sick of the standard bull**** -- "Democrats hate America and Republicans hate the poor." It's stupid, juvenile, and tired.

J2BIGG
08-25-2008, 09:43 PM

Yeah, she did great. Much better speaker than John "it's tough to be proud of America, I didn't love America until I was deprived of her company, my wife is a c*nt, FCK-U, Czechoslovachia, I just got through beating my wife two weeks ago, we might be in Iraq for 100 years, I don't know how many homes I have, I don't even know how to use a freaking computer (Mac or PC) so my wife helps me with that because I need all the help I can get so I can't even check your freakin post or my own website" McCain.

But is that really an accomplishment?

JamesGatz83
08-25-2008, 09:45 PM
Yeah, she did great. Much better speaker than John "it's tough to be proud of America, I didn't love America until I was deprived of her company, my wife is a c*nt, FCK-U, Czechoslovachia, I just got through beating my wife two weeks ago, we might be in Iraq for 100 years, I don't know how many homes I have, I don't even know how to use a freaking computer (Mac or PC) so my wife helps me with that because I need all the help I can get so I can't even check your freakin post or my own website" McCain.

Why stoop to this kind of childish partisan nonsense? You guys can keep lobbing these same old insults back and forth, but it won't get you anywhere.

J2BIGG
08-25-2008, 09:47 PM
Some of you guys are so cynical and hardheaded. Once you get something in your head about someone, all hope immediately ceases of them ever getting a chance again.

Which is why it is important to find a way to exploit that so that you can make alot of money. I have a new book coming out called "the Iraqi under your bed" that I'm looking to market to this crowd. Given that they're probably the same ones who believed that BigFoot story, it shouldn't be too tough to convince them that while they sleep, Jihad is starting under their beds.

HELIX35
08-25-2008, 09:51 PM

I think she's relatively irrelevant, but she delivered a good speech. And I refuse to condemn her as evil personified like so many of you partisans are in such a rush to do over a term paper and a poorly thought out comment.

Well you got the irrelevant part right. Can't remember ever condemning her as evil, you mind pointing out where I did that?

Even if she wasn't particularly proud of America, is there really any reason to hate her so passionately? She's entitled to that opinion, just as you and I are entitled to our patriotism.

Again, I'd love for you to point out where I said I hate her. She is absolutely entitled to her opinion, and as far as I'm concerned, her opinion sucks. Lord forgive me for voicing mine.

I couldn't be more sick of the standard bull**** -- "Democrats hate America and Republicans hate the poor." It's stupid, juvenile, and tired.

I don't think I said a single solitary word about either party or their beliefs so I'm not sure why you brought it up.

Can I not like her? Is that ok with you?

HELIX35
08-25-2008, 09:53 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the thread is about the presidential candidates wives. Why you decided to babble about john mccain makes it pretty clear you're a mindless hack with no real thoughts or opinions other then "mccain sucks and I will use every opportunity tio express that whether it's relevant to the topic at hand or not."

JamesGatz83
08-25-2008, 09:58 PM
Well you got the irrelevant part right. Can't remember ever condemning her as evil, you mind pointing out where I did that?

Again, I'd love for you to point out where I said I hate her. She is absolutely entitled to her opinion, and as far as I'm concerned, her opinion sucks. Lord forgive me for voicing mine.

I don't think I said a single solitary word about either party or their beliefs so I'm not sure why you brought it up.

Can I not like her? Is that ok with you?

Eh, I suppose I was directing the part about evil and hate more to the guy who said, "F*** Michelle Obama. She's a racist bitch." And the part about being cynical and hardheaded was directed more toward you, because like her or not, you have to admit the speech was well-delivered.

Like I said, she's irrelevant. I'm not a fan of hers either, but I have to give credit where it's due.

HELIX35
08-25-2008, 10:09 PM
Eh, I suppose I was directing the part about evil and hate more to the guy who said, "F*** Michelle Obama. She's a racist bitch." And the part about being cynical and hardheaded was directed more toward you, because like her or not, you have to admit the speech was well-delivered.

Like I said, she's irrelevant. I'm not a fan of hers either, but I have to give credit where it's due.

Hitler was a good public speaker as well

*I am not comparing michelle obama to hitler, just making a point.*

J2BIGG
08-25-2008, 10:13 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the thread is about the presidential candidates wives. Why you decided to babble about john mccain makes it pretty clear you're a mindless hack with no real thoughts or opinions other then "mccain sucks and I will use every opportunity tio express that whether it's relevant to the topic at hand or not."

I've never heard Cindy McCain speak, which is why I posed the question in the OP. For you to say I'm a mindless hack after the only thing you could say about Michelle (on a night where she just finished a terrific speech) is the one gaffe she made in the primaries about 6 months ago (and it wasn't even a gaffe when heard in context).

But you're right that you are entitled to your opinions. Everyone is, including me. I know that Cindy McCain is a wealthy whore (or at least mistress) who used to be addicted to drugs and broke the law by stealing from her own charity to fund her addiction. I know she lied to John about her age when they met, and she's lied to the press before. But that's not what comes to my mind when I first see her. I'm open to hearing her out, and listening to her story and her speech if she's willing to give one. I usually only remember the other stuff I already know about her when I hear ignoramouses try to define Michelle by 14 words she uttered 6 months ago.

kingandrewmayne
08-25-2008, 10:16 PM
let me guess she spoke about race the whole time?

HELIX35
08-25-2008, 10:24 PM
I've never heard Cindy McCain speak, which is why I posed the question in the OP. For you to say I'm a mindless hack after the only thing you could say about Michelle (on a night where she just finished a terrific speech) is the one gaffe she made in the primaries about 6 months ago (and it wasn't even a gaffe when heard in context).

Did you even listen to her speech or are you just parroting what you've heard from other people? I listened to it, and it was the same empty "hope and change" rehtoric that her husband has been shoving down our throats.

But you're right that you are entitled to your opinions. Everyone is, including me. I know that Cindy McCain is a wealthy whore (or at least mistress) who used to be addicted to drugs and broke the law by stealing from her own charity to fund her addiction. I know she lied to John about her age when they met, and she's lied to the press before. But that's not what comes to my mind when I first see her. I'm open to hearing her out, and listening to her story and her speech if she's willing to give one. I usually only remember the other stuff I already know about her when I hear ignoramouses try to define Michelle by 14 words she uttered 6 months ago.

And you didn't say a single word about cindy, you launched into an irrelevant tirade about john.

oqdbpo
08-25-2008, 10:29 PM
I saw the convention. Ted Kennedy and Michelle Obama were the stars of the night. Idk about Cindy McCain.

/post

trailwarrior
08-25-2008, 10:33 PM
Hitler was a good public speaker as well

*I am not comparing michelle obama to hitler, just making a point.*Jesus Christ was a good public speaker as well

*I am not comparing michelle obama to Jesus Christ, just making a point.*

Morbid_Mind
08-25-2008, 11:33 PM
Why would Cindy give a speech? She's just his wife not a politician.

Spetsnazos
08-25-2008, 11:48 PM

for some reason i lol'ed when i read this

HELIX35
08-25-2008, 11:49 PM
Jesus Christ was a good public speaker as well

*I am not comparing michelle obama to Jesus Christ, just making a point.*

Exactly, good public speaker does not mean diddily ****. The message is what matters.

jackamo2887
08-26-2008, 01:37 AM
Is she proud of her country yet?

majortrepak
08-26-2008, 10:40 AM
I'd say no. I haven't heard Cindy give a speech yet.
Thats because she isn't part of the campaign

RIKTER
08-26-2008, 10:44 AM

Hahaha, thanks for the laugh, now I need to get a towel and wipe up 1/2 of my protein shake I spit out all over my keyboard!! Im seriously given you reps for that!

J2BIGG
08-26-2008, 12:19 PM
I think the most admirable thing is she's not a politician and doesn't even like politics (she's said repeatedly she didn't want Barack to run, either for Senate or for President) So basically she's a private citizen, and in that regard, her speech was phenomenal.

HitItHard
08-26-2008, 12:24 PM
I think the most admirable thing is she's not a politician and doesn't even like politics (she's said repeatedly she didn't want Barack to run, either for Senate or for President) So basically she's a private citizen, and in that regard, her speech was phenomenal.

ur mom was phenomenal last night too

Cramerica
08-26-2008, 12:46 PM
I'd say no. I haven't heard Cindy give a speech yet. But she should give a speech, so America can know who she is and what kind of first lady she'd become.

I'd be concerned if I gave a **** about what Cindy has to say. I don't see Cindy McCain getting all up in the Oval Office like I could Michelle Obama.

Michelle Obama had to speak in defense of herslef because of her past sayings about the first time she was proud and to defend Obama from various claims. She had to try to humanize him. I don't know if it worked too much or not.

Cindy McCain doesn't have to defend anything she's said while her husband has been on the campaign trail.

Like I said in another thread, Michelle Obama's speech sounded like something you'd pay $49.99 to hear a cheesy Tony Robbins optimistic knock-off lecture at a Holiday Inn on a Wednesday night.

J2BIGG
08-26-2008, 12:47 PM

You're talking about my mom? Really? Have Ron Paul supporters sunk that low? Isn't there a rule against flaming?

AJbuilder
08-26-2008, 12:48 PM

Haha, he meant Cindy McCain, John McCain's wife.

J2BIGG
08-26-2008, 12:50 PM

14) The Religion/Politics Forum is for CIVIL discussion of relgion & politics. The Religion/Politics forum is a hotbed for issues that are very sensitive to many individuals. Please try and be respectful of other peoples viewpoints, do not start posts to flame or cause problems or you will be banned. If you see an offensive post, please report it.

yep, there's the rule

J2BIGG
08-26-2008, 01:12 PM
Cindy McCain doesn't have to defend anything she's said while her husband has been on the campaign trail.

No, Cindy has to defend the things shes done. See, she's already broken the law (in ways that some have said could have gotten her a felony), and we know she's not bashful to sleep with married men. Her lobbyists ties for her beer company also concern me, like what kind of special treatment would she seek out because her husband is President? I think there's alot more concern about Cindy McCain (largely because we don't know her) than there is for Michelle Obama.

There's alot about the McCains that I don't know. What would Cindy be doing secretly behind the scenes in the White House? It's always the quiet ones you have to watch out for.

Like I said in another thread, Michelle Obama's speech sounded like something you'd pay $49.99 to hear a cheesy Tony Robbins optimistic knock-off lecture at a Holiday Inn on a Wednesday night.

Well, to you, but you're a Republican right? The speech was strong enough to sway alot of Hillary supporters though, and many right wingers including the spokeswoman for the McCain camp had positive things to say about it.

But you can't please everyone. I honestly don't think a word could be uttered from the Obama's no matter what it was that would please everyone in the anti-Obama crowd, so why bother?

Cramerica
08-26-2008, 01:19 PM
No, Cindy has to defend the things shes done.

Nope.

You're reading me wrong.

Cindy McCain hasn't done anything that will hurt or tarnish her husband's campaign.

Now you might know little tid-bits about her from whatever sources that you might give a **** about, but most of the public doesn't know and frankly, aren't concerned. They get more upset over comments like the ones Michelle Obama's made. Like it or not, fair or not, it's the way it is. It's reality.

That's why she doesn't have to defend herself or John against their own words. She doesn't have to get up at a podium and talk about how she really is patriotic and how her husband really is like all those other guys on the dollar bills.

If John or his wife is going to have to go on the defense, it's going to have to be about his policies.

Morbid_Mind
08-26-2008, 01:20 PM
At least Ted Kennedy got Obama's name right this time

3YaRpx3LphI

In before people say it's fake because it's on Fox News