PDA

View Full Version : OT Laughing to yourself makes you appear strange

Keltron
08-25-2008, 12:33 AM
So this has actually happened twice to me.

So I was 2nd in line at starbucks with a bunch of people behind me. The lady ahead of me was ordering some kind of tea and was a bit specific as to how she wanted it. I wasn't paying much attention to what her and the cashier were saying but the word "tea bag" was uttered like every 2 seconds. Having a somewhat juvenile sense of humor, I laughed internally the first few times they said it. I could've left it at that but they kept saying it. It was like tea bag this and tea bag that.. Frreakin' "tea bag" was like every other word. A man can only take so much before he bursts. I let out one of those nasally sounds finally. You know that sound you make when you try to hold in laughter. The lady turned around and gave me a peculiar look. She wasn't sure what the sound was but it was definitely strange to her. Now I was not only holding in laughter about the tea bag, but now the whole situation of me holding in my laughter was causing me to want to laugh even harder. I bit onto my knuckle to keep the sound away but I could feel my body pulsating like crazy. I turned around hoping I'd see something that would divert my attention and the lady behind me looks at me like a madman. I can only imagine what was going through her head:

"Do you need help sir? Are you having a fxcking seizure? Is something lodged into your throat? I can give you the Heimlich maneuver if you'd like."

By the time my turn came up, I had calmed down somewhat but I still had a smile on my face. I guess it was a good thing because the cashier thought I was smiling at her and she gave me an extra add shot for free.

By now I'm standing at the side w/everyone else who's waiting for their orders. "Get a hold of yourself man." I say to myself. "You're not 16, stuff like this shouldn't even be funny anymore." I take a few deep breaths and I'm back to normal. I'm relaxed now. Almost in a nirvana-like state.

The barista calls out the tea bag lady's name and Ms Tea Bag grabs it and heads for the door.... She's almost out when the barista yells out, "Ma'am!!! You forgot one of the tea bags!!!"

That was it. I immediately started laughing out loud and had no other choice but to forget about my coffee and make a dash for the door. You just have to cut your losses sometime.

A similar thing happened to me while I was in line at the bank. I turned around for some reason and this guy's shirt caught my attention. It was like a baseball jersey with a huge number 8 on it but it had some text above it. I take a look and it says, "Your mom is on my Myspace top 8". I move my gaze a little higher to see who's wearing it and it's a man in his 60's!

Keltron
08-25-2008, 05:29 PM
Reply or you shall receive execution via teabagging!

DubfromGA
03-29-2012, 06:43 AM
Went back to read a few of the older O35 threads.

This one had me laughing and was worthy of a bump.

I share that same sense of humor and would have laughed, too.

Great story. If one is aware of the happenings around them, then funny events like this will be noticed everywhere. People are funny. I love a good laugh.

itsagoodday
03-29-2012, 07:21 AM
Nice thread resurrection :)

I don't think laughing to myself makes me look strange. I think it proves I'm strange. People already think I look strange.

cowboybiker
03-29-2012, 07:27 AM
How much did Keltron pay you to bump his forever alone thread???

DubfromGA
03-29-2012, 08:14 AM
Nothing like a good tea-baggin story.

It had to see the light of day again.

cowboybiker
03-29-2012, 08:32 AM
He only teabags on mondays, or gets teabagged.

One of the two, or both.

Karl_Hungus
03-29-2012, 08:41 AM
My sense of humor is equally immature. I remember one time I was at my girlfriend's house and she was doing laundry. I look at the wash machine and start laughing. She asks me what I am laughing about, so I point to one of the knobs on the washing machine where you could set the "load size" to small, medium or large. She rolls her eyes and leaves. :D

snorkelman
03-29-2012, 09:14 AM
I actually know someone who named his boat "T-bagging"

Frnkd
03-29-2012, 09:40 AM
I believe that I would be rolling on the floor myself if this happened to me today, only because a "tea bag" means differntly to me than it did in2008

danap3681
03-29-2012, 10:08 AM
Glad for the resurrection of this thread! Got a good chuckle from it. :)

Big_Sky_Guy
03-29-2012, 10:13 AM
Teabag Thursday....at least it's shorn!

Forge3
03-29-2012, 10:31 AM
I find it harder not to laugh if I am in a place where laughter is not supposed to happen like a church. What would not be so funny is amplified like someone letting loose a big fart during our moment of silence.

danap3681
03-29-2012, 10:49 AM
I find it harder not to laugh if I am in a place where laughter is not supposed to happen like a church. What would not be so funny is amplified like someone letting loose a big fart during our moment of silence.

When we were younger our Dad would get furious if we cracked up at the dinner table and it always seemed that is when it would happen.

Forge3
03-29-2012, 10:53 AM
When we were younger our Dad would get furious if we cracked up at the dinner table and it always seemed that is when it would happen.

Makes sense. One time a priest had his microphone on, forget about it and took a dump in the washroom, a noisy one. All the old ladies up front stopped fingering their rosary and such then the toilet flushed. When he came out and realized what had happened he turned very red lol.

cozener
03-29-2012, 11:59 AM
When we were younger our Dad would get furious if we cracked up at the dinner table and it always seemed that is when it would happen. I'm curious. Did he ever explain why this was such a bad thing? In may family the only time we ever really talked was the dinner table so laughter was always welcome. Did he think it was bad for digestion or something?

RugbyTank
03-29-2012, 12:22 PM
I had a similar story with this in my university auditorium during class.
My friends made me noticed something funny, they saw I was failing to hold composure and continued to Try to crack me. I tried stabbing the fatty part of my hand with a pencil but didn't subside.
I busted out laughing middle of a 100+class and dashed for the door.

Good times,
Means you're still normal and not bitter at the world :)

danap3681
03-29-2012, 12:23 PM
I'm curious. Did he ever explain why this was such a bad thing? In may family the only time we ever really talked was the dinner table so laughter was always welcome. Did he think it was bad for digestion or something?

Not really sure why. He drank alot and usually by then he was pretty tight and he was fine with talking but if we got to laughing and cutting up is when he would slam his hand down on the table and say "Give me a sprout". For some reason us kids would get hysterical when he said that because we never figured out what a "sprout" was as he used it in that phrase. We knew it meant we had better shut up but if we ever looked at each other we were guaranteed to bust out laughing.

Think he just enjoyed his quiet time when he was eating.

danap3681
03-29-2012, 12:25 PM
I had a similar story with this in my university auditorium during class.
My friends made me noticed something funny, they saw I was failing to hold composure and continued to Try to crack me. I tried stabbing the fatty part of my hand with a pencil but didn't subside.
I busted out laughing middle of a 100+class and dashed for the door.

Good times,
Means you're still normal and not bitter at the world :)

Reminds me of the game show "Silent Library Games"!! That show was very funny. Crazy stuff they would do to each other.

StressMonkey
03-29-2012, 06:31 PM
My sense of humor is equally immature. I remember one time I was at my girlfriend's house and she was doing laundry. I look at the wash machine and start laughing. She asks me what I am laughing about, so I point to one of the knobs on the washing machine where you could set the "load size" to small, medium or large. She rolls her eyes and leaves. :D

I'm really bad about finding Jackass-style videos really funny. So immature. Sue me. :D

dungeonmistress
03-29-2012, 06:37 PM
I'm really bad about finding Jackass-style videos really funny. So immature. Sue me. :D

I've seen every iteration of Jackass available, and Wildboys too. Sue me as well, but I find some of their antics crackupworthy as hell. Ive seen most of them many times over. I will admit that I've even watched the Bam Margera show because I found Don Vito just so freaking disgusting and stupid.

tmonkey
03-29-2012, 06:40 PM
Went back to read a few of the older O35 threads.

This one had me laughing and was worthy of a bump.

I share that same sense of humor and would have laughed, too.

Great story. If one is aware of the happenings around them, then funny events like this will be noticed everywhere. People are funny. I love a good laugh.

negged

StressMonkey
03-29-2012, 06:57 PM
I've seen every iteration of Jackass available, and Wildboys too. Sue me as well, but I find some of their antics crackupworthy as hell. Ive seen most of them many times over. I will admit that I've even watched the Bam Margera show because I found Don Vito just so freaking disgusting and stupid.

I don't like the gross stuff but the pranks kill me. I almost wet myself the first time I saw the valentine prank at the beginning of the second movie.

SP1966
03-29-2012, 07:00 PM
I don't like the gross stuff but the pranks kill me. I almost wet myself the first time I saw the valentine prank at the beginning of the second movie.

Have you seen the show Impractical Jokers on TruTV? Awesome!!

StressMonkey
03-29-2012, 07:11 PM
Have you seen the show Impractical Jokers on TruTV? Awesome!!

I know your music suggestions are crap but I'll take a chance on a TV recommendation from you. I just set my DVR.

SP1966
03-29-2012, 07:14 PM
I know your music suggestions are crap but I'll take a chance on a TV recommendation from you. I just set my DVR.

If you search you can find last seasons episodes online. I watched with my youngest daughter, she's 17, we were pretty much laughing so hard we were crying!! And yes, she said 80's Heart sucks too! :)

StressMonkey
03-29-2012, 07:27 PM
If you search you can find last seasons episodes online. I watched with my youngest daughter, she's 17, we were pretty much laughing so hard we were crying!! And yes, she said 80's Heart sucks too! :)

Children you've been brainwashing for years don't count. :rolleyes:

latebloomingmom
03-29-2012, 08:23 PM
you ever notice how some people have a really different sense of humor then you do?
when I was newly married I went to spend Christmas with the in-laws. I was kinda quiet (ya I know hard to believe)
and shy and trying very hard to make a good impression..
this was a very conservative no-nonsense kind of family..I was raised with brothers..anyhow
have I told you this story?
my mother in law comes in from Christmas shopping and flops all her packages on the table
my father in law asks "well, how did the shopping go? "
her response.." I SHOT THE WAD!!!"
I couldnt help it and burst out laughing really loud and everyone just looked at me
they had no idea why I would find it funny that she had spent all her money at the store:)

SP1966
03-29-2012, 08:28 PM
you ever notice how some people have a really different sense of humor then you do?
when I was newly married I went to spend Christmas with the in-laws. I was kinda quiet (ya I know hard to believe)
this was a very conservative no-nonsense kind of family..I was raised with brothers..anyhow
my mother in law comes in from Christmas shopping and flops all her packages on the table
I couldnt help it and burst out laughing really loud and everyone just looked at me
they had no idea why I would find it funny that she had spent all her money at the store:)

Did you just spit it out? :confused:

latebloomingmom
03-29-2012, 08:39 PM
Did you just spit it out? :confused:
you mean did I tell them why I was laughing? ooooooh noo...they would NOT have thought that was funny
and would have seriously questioned just what kind of girl their son just married..:)

see now I said "shot the wad"
and you said "spit it out"
the power of association..sometimes;)

Keltron
03-29-2012, 11:32 PM
FINALLY! Almost 4 years later and finally this epic literary masterpiece has finally been acknowledged! thanks Dub! I forgot about this... this was WELL before the voluminous rice, bronco and 2.5lb plate days..

danap3681
03-30-2012, 10:57 AM

Watched all of the above as well. Bam is my fav-still love the one where he superglued his hand to his Dads chest-YUCK) Watched Jackass 3 the other day for I would say the 10th time. Something about people doing stupid things and inflicting pain on each other and themselves is just funny to me :)

MrNismo
03-30-2012, 11:24 AM
80's Heart sucks too! :)
Negged ;)

Tyrbolift
03-30-2012, 11:57 AM
Negged ;)repped

edit: must spread rep. :(

Tyrbolift
03-30-2012, 12:06 PM
It's always funny when you're talking to somebody about something that someone else you both know does, that's amusing or annoying, and then that third person walks in and says or does that thing you were talking about.

StressMonkey
03-30-2012, 07:28 PM
repped

edit: must spread rep. :(

I got him!

DocHoss
03-31-2012, 09:58 PM

Oh, if only you had been sipping a cup of coffee at the time!

Good thing I wasn't drinking anything when I read "quiet and shy".....

latebloomingmom
03-31-2012, 10:15 PM
Oh, if only you had been sipping a cup of coffee at the time!

Good thing I wasn't drinking anything when I read "quiet and shy".....
well it was 20 years ago....;)