View Full Version : OT- Youve gotta try this!

08-23-2008, 09:27 PM
So I was going to grill up some thighs but I was out of marinade. What do you do in a sichy like this? Improvise! When it comes to jazzing food up, I like to take the kitchen sink approach. It's very convenient seeing as how the kitchen sink is in the kitchen where you're doing the jazzing-upping. Ok so I threw everything I could find in a blender and hit the "Liquefy" button. Here's a list of what I put in there:

one whole garlic
one peeled lime
one tbsp of Tapatio hot sauce
one tbsp of dijon mustard
one tbsp of rosemary
one tbsp of thyme
one tbsp of oregano
one tbsp of black pepper
a handfull of pistachio nuts
two banana peppers
a packet of McDonald's BBQ sauce
1/4 cup of Afghan style yogurt
1/4 cup of cherry pepsi
and a partridge in a pair tree

I let it chill [literally and figuratively] in the fridge for a few hours and then threw them on the grill. Luckily it came out really good! Try it! I doubt you'll have Afghan style yogurt though.

08-23-2008, 09:46 PM
Add a little sage and you could be Simon and Garfunkel. :D

08-23-2008, 10:14 PM
Add a little sage and you could be Simon and Garfunkel. :D

lol. Oh ****! I completely forgot about the rosemary bush we have in the backyard.

08-24-2008, 05:11 PM
I enjoy making marinades and everyone likes eating whatever I grill with my homemade s. My system is simple...I take all of the possible ingredients from the fridge and line them up on the counter. I then take all of my dry ingredients (spices, etc) and line them up also. Then I reach for each ingredient as it calls to me. When it smells right, it's done. Unfortunately, I never write anything down, so I don't have a "marinade menu". On the upside, each and every one is unique. :)