PDA

View Full Version : HIIT only twice a week?

6weeksillbready
08-20-2008, 04:54 PM
Hey, my rest days are a tuesday and saturday. If i do HIIT on these days for 20 minutes combined with a caloric deficit keto diet will that be enough to achieve 4% bf or should i do fasted steady state cardio on the mornings of my weight training days aswell. I ask as i have been told HIIT should only be performed 2-3 times a week. Many thanks.

6weeksillbready
08-21-2008, 03:22 AM
nobody knows?

kimlin85
08-21-2008, 03:23 AM
4% is pretty low. what % are you at now?

in10city
08-21-2008, 07:20 AM
Hey, my rest days are a tuesday and saturday. If i do HIIT on these days for 20 minutes combined with a caloric deficit keto diet will that be enough to achieve 4% bf or should i do fasted steady state cardio on the mornings of my weight training days aswell. I ask as i have been told HIIT should only be performed 2-3 times a week. Many thanks.
2 days of just HIIT may not be enough (or appropriate while on keto) to push that low. Additional LISS or MISS may be needed.

Bioteknik
08-21-2008, 07:25 AM
uh.. HIIT on Keto? Is that a good idea?

tradertrader
08-21-2008, 08:44 AM
4% bodyfat??? i have never been anywhere near that lean or know anyone who has but i imagine that if you want to get below 6-8% then you are going to have to go to extremes

seriously 4% bodyfat is insanely lean

i think the 'magic of hiit' is blown WAY out of proportion. there are tons of studies that show how much greater the fat burn is when people do hiit vs steady cardio BUT these studies have a huge flaw...

they don't take into account the fact that weight lifting is basically hiit, it is intervals of anaerobic exercise with recovery time (or that hiit is just a form of anaerobic exercise)

and we already do anaerobic exercise, so is hiit going to have as dramatic an effect on someone already doing regular anaerobic exercise (weight lifting) as the average 'do nothing' dudes in these studies? (basically these studies show that anaerobic exercise burns more fat that aerobic but the hiit protocol of sprint intervals is only one from that anareobic exercise can take, know what i mean??)

like i said, never been anywhere close to 4% bf but if that is your goal i imagine you are going to need to not only do a TON of cardio but also carb cycling or some other form of carb restriction