PDA

View Full Version : How many kcal can our body metabolize in a day?

adhesive23
08-20-2008, 04:26 PM
Okay, so, it is summer, and I had a couple of days where I reaaaaallly binged on the food (mostly because of the alcohol :))..
I'd like to know, for example if my daily caloric needs are 3000kcal, and I somehow intake 10000 (hypothetically, but pretty close tho), does that mean I will gain 2 pounds of fat on just one day??? Or our bodies have some limit on how much fat can it store... What happens to the rest of it?
tnx

MarkVI
08-20-2008, 04:26 PM
Okay, so, it is summer, and I had a couple of days where I reaaaaallly binged on the food (mostly because of the alcohol :))..
I'd like to know, for example if my daily caloric needs are 3000kcal, and I somehow intake 10000 (hypothetically, but pretty close tho), does that mean I will gain 2 pounds of fat on just one day??? Or our bodies have some limit on how much fat can it store... What happens to the rest of it?
tnx

goes to your thighs.

Deskilla
08-20-2008, 04:33 PM
Poop.

Hypertrophyk
08-20-2008, 05:00 PM
the studies that have been done looking at overfeeding on fat sources shows that most if not all of the excess calories are stored.

friedrice683
08-20-2008, 05:03 PM
From what my doctor told me back when I was in recovery for ED; not all calories can be stored and thus are pooped out.

Example --> My doctor says WHAT IF I RIGHT NOW ATE 10 BAGS OF M&M'S? Would I automatically gain the theoretical 4lbs of fat because of the caloric value? No. I would gain maybe a pound of fat and my body would excrete a lot of them via poop, pee, sweat, ect. However, if you make this a daily habit, then the body begins to absorb more and more. So the occasional 1/30 days binge won't do anything if that's what you're getting at.