PDA

View Full Version : Trash Talking in the Olympics

baboracus5
08-18-2008, 09:20 PM
It's really disappointing how trash talking is so looked down upon when it comes to competition. Look at the results of trash talking so far in these olympics:
Alain Bernard trash talks the US swimming relay team and then Jason Lezak swims the fastest 100 split in history.
Jen Stuczinski "trash talks" her Russian rival and then the Russian rival gets a world record.

If you ask me, it looks like trash talking results in the highest form of competition. The olympics are all about competition so why is trash talking looked down upon so much?
Granted, both the trash talkers lost and the trash talkees reigned supreme. (technically though, Bernard annihilated Lezak in the 100 so he won out there).

When people just go out there and do their thing that's all fine and great but when people demand the highest level of competition (Bernard and Stuzinzki) through trash talking then I can only respect them for making things interesting!

After this olympic games, I'm american and all, but "The Hulking Frenchman" definetely quickly became the superior olympic athlete and most popular in my mind!

GrizzleBazzle
08-18-2008, 10:10 PM
If you ask me, it looks like trash talking results in the highest form of competition. The olympics are all about competition so why is trash talking looked down upon so much?

Its not just supposed to be "all about competition." Its also supposed to be about sportsmanship.

trainTilfailure
08-19-2008, 12:25 AM
michael jordan made a living off talking smack on the court. actually, he made a living off his jumpers but you get my point