PDA

View Full Version : O/t:....jockitch!

gympunk
08-17-2008, 09:12 AM
Not the nicest subject matter guys & girls
But I've got it-- does that make me an offical gym-rat now?
....OUCH...
Gave the boys a casual scratch last night & couldn't stop for 10 minutes.
And they look awful, poor things!!!
Out to buy Cruex!!!!!!
Most guys probably deal with this @ 16!!!

Tyrbolift
08-17-2008, 09:21 AM
Not the nicest subject matter guys & girls
But I've got it-- does that make me an offical gym-rat now?
....OUCH...
Gave the boys a casual scratch last night & couldn't stop for 10 minutes.
And they look awful, poor things!!!
Out to buy Cruex!!!!!!
Most guys probably deal with this @ 16!!!http://www.osl.gc.ca/guide_sp/en/invert/group/image/crabs.jpg

Seriously, a clean pair of boxer briefs to gym and change into loose boxers after. I hate jocks. Haven't worn one since gym class 30 years ago.

Do_Somethin
08-17-2008, 09:25 AM
This may be taken as a silly question but it isn't.
What about when you sweat and it just won't stop itching in your butt crack? I sometimes have an awful time with itching there.

StressMonkey
08-17-2008, 09:30 AM
:eek:

Whiskeyjack
08-17-2008, 09:52 AM
What about when you sweat and it just won't stop itching in your butt crack? I sometimes have an awful time with itching there.

Two tremendously differing perspectives, one humorous outcome: Ya' got a lot of balls posting that question, if honestly, Joe, or a tankful of irony.

ALBPM
08-17-2008, 09:58 AM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/images/smilies/eek.gifhttp://forum.bodybuilding.com/images/smilies/eek.gifhttp://forum.bodybuilding.com/images/smilies/eek.gifhttp://forum.bodybuilding.com/images/smilies/eek.gif

LOL!!!!!

ALBPM
08-17-2008, 10:00 AM

Just plain bad Carma http://forum.bodybuilding.com/images/smilies/eek.gif

Do_Somethin
08-17-2008, 10:22 AM
Two tremendously differing perspectives, one humorous outcome: Ya' got a lot of balls posting that question, if honestly, Joe, or a tankful of irony.

Just plain bad Carma http://forum.bodybuilding.com/images/smilies/eek.gif

Entirely possible.

mikieson
08-17-2008, 10:22 AM
I have had that for years. I have sores on my privates and my butt from scratching so much. Im not at this moment cause im using some kind of cream my kid used for a skin problem he had "or has?"....But im always ready with a comb or fork, or sharp object!!!!...:)

Do_Somethin
08-17-2008, 10:25 AM
I have had that for years. I have sores on my privates and my butt from scratching so much. Im not at this moment cause im using some kind of cream my kid used for a skin problem he had "or has?"....But im always ready with a comb or fork, or sharp object!!!!...:)

I think I can mange. :D

glwanabe
08-17-2008, 10:26 AM
Any warm moist enviroment can grow bacteria. Any decent anti bacterial spray will work well.

Athletes foot spray works just as well as cruex, multi task your products.
Try to not use talc, it can make things worse. Shower, and get clean asap after your workouts, and keep a fresh towel. Dirty towels can also harbor bacteria, that you then wipe on your body.

terribletriad
08-17-2008, 04:49 PM
Athletes foot is caused by the same fungas as jock itch and they are both treated the same. In fact, it's treated with the same drug used to fight yeast infections in women.

The most common drug used is Miconazole Nitrate 2%. Lotrimin is one common brand name but a simple generic will perform just as well. I would suggest buying a spray powder to spray directly over the infection and then use a powder to sort of blanket the area. Don't be surprised if it takes a solid two weeks to get better. I would also suggest using the powder once in awhile for preventive measures.

There is also another drug used. Terbinafine hydrochloride 1%. This is the active ingredient found in Lamisil AT. It's a bit stronger than the Miconazole Nitrate 2% but it's a little more difficult to find in both a spray powder and regular powder.

debandmikeb
08-17-2008, 06:52 PM
Because of my obesity, I have a lower spare tire that hangs over the area being discussed. (Sorry for the visual, guys :( ) Anyway, this area could be prone for growth of many unwanted thingies. Over the years, I have taken to drying this area with the hair dryer after my shower. Sometimes the towel just doesn't get it dry enough. I also stopped using any kind of talc or medicated powder in that area and I'm now using plain old cornstarch. I found an old body powder container that my wife had used up, filled it with cornstarch and apply it with the powderpuff (okay, I can hear you all laughing) that came with it.

So, after my shower, I am dry and dusty. :)

Mike

harleygirl
08-17-2008, 07:29 PM
Athletes foot is caused by the same fungas as jock itch and they are both treated the same. In fact, it's treated with the same drug used to fight yeast infections in women.

The most common drug used is Miconazole Nitrate 2%. Lotrimin is one common brand name but a simple generic will perform just as well. I would suggest buying a spray powder to spray directly over the infection and then use a powder to sort of blanket the area. Don't be surprised if it takes a solid two weeks to get better. I would also suggest using the powder once in awhile for preventive measures.

There is also another drug used. Terbinafine hydrochloride 1%. This is the active ingredient found in Lamisil AT. It's a bit stronger than the Miconazole Nitrate 2% but it's a little more difficult to find in both a spray powder and regular powder.

Because of my obesity, I have a lower spare tire that hangs over the area being discussed. (Sorry for the visual, guys :( ) Anyway, this area could be prone for growth of many unwanted thingies. Over the years, I have taken to drying this area with the hair dryer after my shower. Sometimes the towel just doesn't get it dry enough. I also stopped using any kind of talc or medicated powder in that area and I'm now using plain old cornstarch. I found an old body powder container that my wife had used up, filled it with cornstarch and apply it with the powderpuff (okay, I can hear you all laughing) that came with it.

So, after my shower, I am dry and dusty. :)

Mike

Okay, if you guys are brave enough, so am I!!!!

If this is an on going problem for you it may not just be your issue nor is it just a hygiene issue. I had problems for years with yeast/bacterial issues. My husband and I passed it back and forth for years. Yes, you can transfer it. Mostly the issue was me. After a lot of medications in different forms I finally figured out that the issue was much more my diet than anything. No more white flour, sugar, yeast or startch for me. Things have improved 1000%!

Yes, you want to keep things very dry (as with the blow dryer) but as with any symptom or illness what you really want to diagnois is the reason.

Tishalicious
08-17-2008, 11:20 PM
I've heard of a underwear line that do anti-bac, sweat-wicking fabric... might be something to look into to be more comfortable.

Araj
08-17-2008, 11:24 PM
Yeah thats why I use a ton of gold bond powder.

OutOfStep
08-17-2008, 11:35 PM
Yeah thats why I use a ton of gold bond powder.

x2. You gotta keep the undercarriage dry to prevent the dreaded jungle rot, especially during these hot summer months. This goes for ass cracks too boys. Plus that stuff feels great on your balls. That's right, I said it. No shame in my game.

gbg
08-18-2008, 02:24 AM
Personally I like the open air feeling ;)

Geoff Richards
08-18-2008, 05:21 AM
Personally I like the open air feeling ;)

now there is something I'd like to see ;)

Keltron
08-18-2008, 06:09 AM
I remember when I first got jock itch when I was a teenager. I think I didnt change my undies right after gym class one day which is how it probably started. I was shxtting bricks because I thought I had caught an STD! I was actually more pissed off at the irony more than anything. I thought to myself, "I barely get laid and when I do, I catch something? WHAT KIND OF **** IS THIS?"

I let it fester for a few days before I showed it to my dad and he said something like, "Holy cow, is your underwear made from used gym socks?!" when he saw it. Then he started laughing and said, "Son, you don't have an STD, you just have fungus of the nutsack." He took me to get some anti fungal spray and my nether region has been fungus-free ever since.

You know, after I shower, I always try to put my socks on first and THEN put on my underwear. They say one of the main causes for jock itch is when the fungus transfers from your feet onto your undies when you slide your feet through the holes of your undies.

snoack
08-18-2008, 07:13 AM
:::: peeks into thread, reads a couple posts, quietly sneeks back out without posting::::

fromfat2fit
08-18-2008, 07:41 AM
just sharing.

I haven't had a problem in years, I keep the hair down (way down) and blow dry my crotch and ass with a hair dryer after every shower (at least twice daily). Starting off COMPLETELY dry works wonders, and blowing dry is > toweling and air drying any day.

Minotaur
08-18-2008, 07:58 AM
Any warm moist enviroment can grow bacteria. Any decent anti bacterial spray will work well.

Athletes foot spray works just as well as cruex, multi task your products.
Try to not use talc, it can make things worse. Shower, and get clean asap after your workouts, and keep a fresh towel. Dirty towels can also harbor bacteria, that you then wipe on your body.

x2 about the multitasking. The infection can adapt. It's actually a fungus, not bacteria. I haven't had it in a while, but when it does start up I alternate Selsun Blue and Head & Shoulders. Otc anti-fungals for jock itch and athlete's foot never worked. And do not use an excessive amount of soap thinking you are cleaning the area. Soap can actually cause the fungus to thrive.

Tinea pedis = athletes' foot
Tinea cruris = jock itch

IronCamp
08-18-2008, 08:13 AM
:::: peeks into thread, reads a couple posts, quietly sneeks back out without posting::::

x2! :eek:

gympunk
08-18-2008, 10:35 AM
Thanks everybody, me and the boys thank you!

I hate jocks. Haven't worn one since gym class 30 years ago.

Actually during the Summer I do wear a swimmers style jockstrap fairly often. Keeps the team supported, but is porous & dry otherwise.
Minimal cloth/coverage, under my basketball shorts.
It's bound to be less wet than cotton boxers or compression shorts I'd think?

Keltron
08-18-2008, 10:41 AM
Soap can actually cause the fungus to thrive.

yeah because of the alkaline in soap

Minotaur
08-18-2008, 10:48 AM
yeah because of the alkaline in soap

That's it. Fungus thrives in an alkaline environment. So I wonder if a weak acid, like vinegar or even crushed aspirin made into a paste would work.

NotTooLate
08-18-2008, 10:59 AM

LOL

Agree!

I don't think I've ever heard of these problems, this thread is hilarious!

Marius_Ursus
08-18-2008, 11:03 AM
Nut fungus.

That's great.

Keltron
08-18-2008, 11:58 AM
Nut fungus.

That's great.

Shrooming of the Ballsac
Deez Nuts On Fire
Queer Eye For the Fungi

gympunk
08-24-2008, 10:39 AM
Update: all better,,,, Yea for Lotramin!!!

jtroster
08-24-2008, 11:46 AM
I use Canestin when I get the itch.

NotTooLate
08-24-2008, 12:06 PM
Update: all better,,,, Yea for Lotramin!!!

Glad to hear it. Now there is just this problem left:

LOL Someone help the lad hehe

Justin Buchana
10-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Bleh, Now I got the nut itch.... I'm considering trying the vinager to see if your theory is right.

So can it give your partner a infection if you have sex while still itching? It's been 4 days and im starting to get anxious. Oh well if I can't sex at least I get the pleasure of orgasmic nut scratching.

Justin Buchana
10-08-2008, 11:20 AM
Doh, just realized this was the over 35 misc lol. I just searched Jock itch, and posted.