PDA

View Full Version : Is it... too much?

RTCrux
08-13-2008, 06:16 PM
Ok so im in my bulking phase atm. Only just started (3 days ago) im 6'4 90ish kilos (215pounds or something, lol sorry. Australian :P ) My brother used to be a heavy lifter and is always telling me i have to "EAT BIG TO GET BIG" im 19 and train 4-5 days per week. Alright now to the point.

Last night the family went out for indian and needless to say i went crazy. 4 pieces of oil covered roti bread, butter chicken, somosa, mango chicken, tandori, rice, lamb.. lol. ALOT! the problem i have is i feel like i have done more bad than good in the fact that all the carbs and fat from the oil bread, rice etc... I eat well all day but at night sometimes i just cant help it. Now i know most of you will be telling me to stop being a **** and man up. Its just I've had weight problems all my life and i see people in the gym who are big but carry alot of extra bad weight (fat) and i don't wont to be like that..

so at the moment i would say i have around 20-25% BF

so should i not worry so much and keep having these massive dinners. or should i cut back a bit and maybe have something like this once a week and stick to clean meat and veggies the rest of the time?

Sorry if this seems like a silly post, i just need all the help i cant get because i seem to think alot about things that other people would not consider so much..

thanks anyway.

willldabeast
08-13-2008, 06:29 PM
you dont want to be fat, so dont let yourself get fat. you dont have to eat a huge meal and be fat to be a "real man" like you imply. I definitely dont want to look like that either

RTCrux
08-13-2008, 06:59 PM
you dont want to be fat, so dont let yourself get fat. you dont have to eat a huge meal and be fat to be a "real man" like you imply. I definitely dont want to look like that either

Thanks. Sometimes its just seems i work hard all day on my diet eating well and then i feel bad after dinner because i feel i overdo it and undo all that good stuff i ate throughout the day.. I don't think it makes me a real man, lol. I was just saying that because i see alot of posts about how much someone ate and how proud they are.. i may have even created a few of those myself in the past :P

I think i need more cardio. That would maybe make me feel a bit better. I only do 45 minutes to an hour a week atm...

limes
08-13-2008, 07:04 PM
No, Working a muscle tears the tissue, it then repairs and grows. Muscles need fed in order to allow them to grow. Basically you need to eat big to get big. A good bodybuilding diet will allow you to grow without adding fat at the same time. So therefore you want to eat big.

Heres a list of good protiens:

Chicken
* Steak
* Pork
* Eggs
* Whey Protein Powder Shakes
* Seafood - tuna, prawns, salmon?
* Nuts
* Seeds

Do about 12-14 sets if your doing 8-10 your just trying to get cut but if your lifting heavy you want to go 12-14

Also drink tons of water and sleep a lot!!

RTCrux
08-13-2008, 07:17 PM
Thanks man. I knew most of that already and thats what my diet consists of during the day (just not always at night... or weekends lol). I take creatine and whey aswell so i am drinking 3-4 litres of water per day and getting around 6-8 hours of sleep per night :)