PDA

View Full Version : UP at 2:00?

Ac3oS
08-12-2008, 08:05 AM
Does anyone here set there alarm for really early in the morning to suck down a shake to stop anti catabolic effect? I was thinking about doing this jsut want ed to seeif it works for anyone else... I have a shake before i go to bed but sometimes i dont wake up till 10/11 which then makes it hard to eat all my meals... so this would help my stay anabolic until i wake up

thought?
thanks!

sawastea
08-12-2008, 08:07 AM
Julio Franco was a fan of this. If you're consuming a decent casein blend at night, this isn't really necessary. Everyone is different, and to each, their own.

TinyMan
08-12-2008, 08:09 AM
I've known some people to do it. If I get up in the night for some reason, I may (depending how groggy I still am :D), but I don't set an alarm to it - I prefer to have the uninterrupted period of deep sleep, especially as I don't always get enough of it to start with. In my mind, the uninterrupted sleep beats a shake.

INGENIUM
08-12-2008, 08:11 AM
only when I wake up sweating after nightmares that I have gone catabolic :eek:

ok, no

theoriginal
08-12-2008, 08:11 AM
Not me...I have a whey/casein shake mixed with milk and fiber...and I take a couple of gram s of fish oil with that...hopefully all that is enough to keep me good through the night.

_Smitty_
08-12-2008, 08:13 AM
In my mind, the uninterrupted sleep beats a shake.

definitely... especially if you're already taking a casein/MPI shake immediately before bed.

if nothing else, just wake up earlier than 10/11 to get a good breakfast in and take a nap later on, if needed.

prady
08-12-2008, 08:13 AM
dont interrupt ur sleep brah..... if u get up for a piss then gulp it down else take a good casein shake and some cottage cheese and sleep well....

Ac3oS
08-12-2008, 08:28 AM
alright thanks.. repps

MBSowards
08-12-2008, 08:29 AM
only when I wake up sweating after nightmares that I have gone catabolic :eek:

ok, no

LMAO! EDIT: To the OP, I don't feel it is necessary and feel that it would actually probably do more harm than good. No science but broscience to back my stance though.

steeldragons
08-12-2008, 08:39 AM
I turn the blender on at 6am and i get cussed at, I am afraid to think what would happen if I was using the blender at 2am. Guess mixing it before bed would be an option, although drinking something that heavy and then laying right back down doesn't seem like it could be too healthy?

_Smitty_
08-12-2008, 08:41 AM
LMAO! EDIT: To the OP, I don't feel it is necessary and feel that it would actually probably do more harm than good. No science but broscience to back my stance though.

broscience > everything, science-related or otherwise.

abacot
08-12-2008, 09:42 AM
I think if you can wake up and make a shake in the middle of your sleep then go for it, but thats only if it doesnt interupt your falling back asleep and I dont see how that could happen.

This is a pretty good article regarding protein before bed and while your asleep. If you like Robin Hood it makes the article that much more exciting...seriously though its a good read...
http://johnberardi.com/articles/nutrition/bedtime.htm

Skigazzi
08-12-2008, 10:09 AM
Hell no.

haiz69
08-12-2008, 10:18 AM
Hell no.

Thank God. Repped.

You know...quality sleep is pretty damn important. Why the hell interupt it?

Worrying about waking up in the middle of the night to halt slight catabolism will only stress you out and raise cortisol levels...which is worse then not even thinking about it.

getbustered
08-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Julio Franco was a fan of this. If you're consuming a decent casein blend at night, this isn't really necessary. Everyone is different, and to each, their own.

The baseball player?

If so, I'm trying this. I think he is like 112 years old so it must be working!

OKPump
08-12-2008, 11:04 AM
Just insert an IV of whey before you go to sleep..should keep you going all night. ;)

on a serious note; I wouldn't interrupt your REM sleep, as that is when your body is pumping hormones thru your body for recovery aka being anabolic. Just wake up earlier than 10 or 11am and have breakfast/a shake then take a nap later if needed (as someone mentioned above).

TheUnlikelyToad
08-12-2008, 11:42 AM
ICE may be a better option as it's generally easier to mix and will allow you to stay within your macros.