PDA

View Full Version : low carbs dont work[for me at least] you?

anti-steroids
08-10-2008, 09:37 PM
ok guys
Im very recently happy with my progress
I attribute this mainly to diet,for the longest it seemed
I was "stuck" at this"plateau"
and I was eating clean[no,sugar,fat[only the bad ones were omitted,low carbs
no processed food, no cheating] but I was not kicking through that door
turns out carbs were the problem

I was eating way to little to fuel me
turns out I need to eat carbs
at almost every meal

any out there relate?

DomzyCuttin
08-10-2008, 10:55 PM
ok guys

at almost every meal

any out there relate?

Im kind of the same way. I dont know if I "require" carbs, but my body can handle carbs at every meal, even while cutting. I just make sure to count calories.

BlueFenix13S
08-10-2008, 11:03 PM
I don't do well with the typical 40-40-20. I don't really count calories or macros, but I'd say my carbs are about 100g a day. Not keto by any means, but definitely lower carbs.

ponshoe
08-10-2008, 11:50 PM
I work a LOT better with low carb, no keto, just going low with carbs PRE and POST. If im on a medium or a high carb day, (100-150g+) im VERY lethargic and bloated as hell.

My strength don't decrease but im more flat with low carbs, thats the only bad side.

BG41
08-10-2008, 11:58 PM
ok guys

at almost every meal

any out there relate?

Well you were just doing it wrong bro. When you take carbs down you got to replace it with FAT, otherwise your body will use protein (ie muscle) as fuel. Low carb, high fat has been proven to be superior for loseing fat while maintaining muscle. Read the Anabolic Diet. From your avatar you look awesome (no homo) why u trying to burn fat? Search the misc for ebooks, you can download the ANABOLIC DIET for free.

BlueFenix13S
08-11-2008, 12:02 AM
Well you were just doing it wrong bro. When you take carbs down you got to replace it with FAT, otherwise your body will use protein (ie muscle) as fuel. Low carb, high fat has been proven to be superior for loseing fat while maintaining muscle. Read the Anabolic Diet. From your avatar you look awesome (no homo) why u trying to burn fat? Search the misc for ebooks, you can download the ANABOLIC DIET for free.

The AD is meant for bodybuilders who are already big, not really for those trying to get big AND cut at the same time. Something more practical would probably be carb cycling.

I like to keep carbs lower for a few days straight, then have a big carb meal every 5 or 6 days or so. Not keto low, but about 75-100g a day. I still eat whatever I want, but I tend to crave higher protein/fat foods like beef, cheese, eggs, etc, except PWO when I can devour anything in sight :D.