PDA

View Full Version : LOL @ Bucs Fans

Berts
08-07-2008, 07:15 AM
Did you get Farve? I had to say something because of all the hype yesterday.

I would rather have Garcia as my stater personally. When Farve stats throwing pics you will say "We are lucky not to have him"

fivas15
08-07-2008, 07:17 AM
Brett Favre with only 2 fingers > Garcia

Garcia is a serviceable QB, Brett favre is a great one.

-Popeye-
08-07-2008, 07:17 AM
Idk about wanting Garcia over Favre but Garcia surely doesnt have to play in the AFC so he will be much better off

Berts
08-07-2008, 07:30 AM
Brett Favre with only 2 fingers > Garcia

Garcia is a serviceable QB, Brett favre is a great one.

I disagree but its cool. If Farve is "A Great One" than Tom Brady is a super hero.

Farve is no doubt a good QB but he is washed up & now he is playing for the Jets LOL.

At least he screwed the Packers out of a week of training camp with all the distractions.

IraHays
08-07-2008, 07:31 AM
Actually the majority of Buc fans wanted to stick with Garcia.

fivas15
08-07-2008, 07:32 AM
I disagree but its cool. If Farve is "A Great One" than Tom Brady is a super hero.

Farve is no doubt a good QB but he is washed up & now he is playing for the Jets LOL.

At least he screwed the Packers out of a week of training camp with all the distractions.

Good?

He holds ever major record for QBs, a 2 time superbowl champion and the most dependable player in history.

And washed up? He had on of his best seasons LAST YEAR. Yup yup yup, washed up for sure.

TheDude824
08-07-2008, 07:37 AM

Lol fraudin.

GApump
08-07-2008, 07:37 AM

Garcia is a good qb and he does a great job taking care of the football, only 4 interceptions last year. I'm shocked that Favre would "come back" to play with the Jets.

IraHays
08-07-2008, 07:41 AM
Lol fraudin.

Maybe if you lived here you would know eh?

IraHays
08-07-2008, 07:44 AM
Garcia is a good qb and he does a great job taking care of the football, only 4 interceptions last year. I'm shocked that Favre would "come back" to play with the Jets.

Yeah, Garcia did a nice job last year.

I was up in the air on Favre. I have doubts he could repeat his last years performance. And I'm not sure how he and Chucky would get along. Brett likes to throw deep, Gruden's offense is gay and might throw it down field once a game.

Berts
08-07-2008, 08:15 AM
Good?

He holds ever major record for QBs, a 2 time superbowl champion and the most dependable player in history.

And washed up? He had on of his best seasons LAST YEAR. Yup yup yup, washed up for sure.

2 time super bowl champ? I think you need to relook your stats up. He went to the superbowl twice but only won one. He beat the pats but lost to Denver.

Farve is a good QB but I don't call him a great QB. Brad Johnson won 1 superbowl. Farve has every record because he has started every game since 92 & I give hinm credit for that. I just can't call him a great QB.

pongboy
08-07-2008, 08:18 AM
2 time super bowl champ? I think you need to relook your stats up. He went to the superbowl twice but only won one. He beat the pats but lost to Denver.

Farve is a good QB but I don't call him a great QB. Brad Johnson won 1 superbowl. Farve has every record because he has started every game since 92 & I give hinm credit for that. I just can't call him a great QB.

This is the dumbest comment I have ever heard. To not call Favre a great QB is ignorant. He hold ever major record there is.

Berts
08-07-2008, 08:31 AM
This is the dumbest comment I have ever heard. To not call Favre a great QB is ignorant. He hold ever major record there is.

He doesn't hold every single record there is. How many superbowls does he have.

Yes he does hold 98% of all QB records (including interceptions) but that is because he has started in the NFL for 16 or 17 straight years (which is a huge defeat). He is a very durable QB who knows how not to get hurt.

Do you want to argue about how he chokes in big games? He has only won 1 super bowl and 2 NFC Champoinships.

I am not trying to take anything away from him but most of his "greatness" comes because he is very likable guy & EVERYONE loves him. Madden PITTB if he was given the chance.

fivas15
08-07-2008, 08:50 AM

Please leave this site.

SpiderSense
08-07-2008, 08:52 AM
I always liked Garcia as a QB. Thought of him as a poor mans McNair.

Berts
08-07-2008, 09:02 AM
Please leave this site.

Stay in Utah & stay in school.

fivas15
08-07-2008, 09:03 AM

I will, now you leave. And take "bretts a good, not great QB" with you.

Berts
08-07-2008, 09:09 AM
I will, now you leave. And take "bretts a good, not great QB" with you.

Just for curiosity I would like to see your top 10 QB's of all time. Remember the NFL was around before 1993 when you were born.

papi93
08-07-2008, 09:15 AM

He is not the QB he once was due to his age but to say he wasn't a great QB is one of the most foolish statements I have ever heard. A three time league MVP? No one has ever done that except Favre. Favre will be a first ballot Hall of Famer. How is it possible to be a first ballot and not to have been a great QB? That is lunacy. Brad Johnson had a fine career but are you seriously trying to compare him to what Favre has done? GTFO.

papi93
08-07-2008, 09:21 AM
He doesn't hold every single record there is. How many superbowls does he have.

Yes he does hold 98% of all QB records (including interceptions) but that is because he has started in the NFL for 16 or 17 straight years (which is a huge defeat). He is a very durable QB who knows how not to get hurt.

Do you want to argue about how he chokes in big games? He has only won 1 super bowl and 2 NFC Champoinships.

I am not trying to take anything away from him but most of his "greatness" comes because he is very likable guy & EVERYONE loves him. Madden PITTB if he was given the chance.

Dan Marino had most of those records before Favre. Are you saying that Marino wasn't a great QB because he never won a Super Bowl?

Since Doug Williams, Trent Dilfer, and Brad Johnson won a Super Bowl and Marino didn't, that makes them greater QB's? Lol.

papi93
08-07-2008, 09:25 AM

Do the sports forum a favor and please continue with your 0.25 posts per day.

Berts
08-07-2008, 09:27 AM
He is not the QB he once was due to his age but to say he wasn't a great QB is one of the most foolish statements I have ever heard. A three time league MVP? No one has ever done that except Favre. Favre will be a first ballot Hall of Famer. How is it possible to be a first ballot and not to have been a great QB? That is lunacy. Brad Johnson had a fine career but are you seriously trying to compare him to what Favre has done? GTFO.

Dilfer also won a superbowl. Yes he has 3 MVP's & that is a huge defeat. I will take one away from him because Barry Sanders had over 2,000 yards that year & he should have won that award. You look at the most important stat there is in the NFL & that is superbowl victories.

I guess my definition of great is different than yours. Its all opinions & we obviously disagree.

My point of this thread was to laugh at the Bucs fans who were ordering thier superbowl rings for this year and buying tickets for the Bucs/Packers game next year.

papi93
08-07-2008, 09:37 AM
Dilfer also won a superbowl. Yes he has 3 MVP's & that is a huge defeat. I will take one away from him because Barry Sanders had over 2,000 yards that year & he should have won that award. You look at the most important stat there is in the NFL & that is superbowl victories.

I guess my definition of great is different than yours. Its all opinions & we obviously disagree.

My point of this thread was to laugh at the Bucs fans who were ordering thier superbowl rings for this year and buying tickets for the Bucs/Packers game next year.

Your Dilfer example shows how important a QB can be to winning a Super Bowl. Eli Manning must be a greater QB than Tom Brady was last season then. Not a chance. Football is a team game and there are many factors that play into it. Some QBs have the capability of elevating the offensive players around them. Brady was able to do this before Moss came to New England and Favre was able to do this in his early years. The best Dilfer could do was manage and game let his Raven defense win a Super Bowl for him. Not to disrespect his accomplishment since the other Raven QB's at the time couldn't do it as well as him.

llcoolray3000
08-07-2008, 10:00 AM

Why do you keep calling things "a huge defeat"?

Also, you can't take away a player's MVP award just because you feel like it.

Also, you cannot measure a player's greatness purely on number of championships won. Championships are better used as a tie-breaker stat. Example: Joe Namath gets into the Hall of Fame because his team won a title, but if his team did not win a title - there's no way he'd be in the HOF.

Berts
08-07-2008, 10:20 AM
You sold me on it. Brett Farve is the GREATEST QB of all time.

I am now a Jets fan, Gooooooooooo J-E-T-S

Greg1983
08-07-2008, 10:24 AM
Why do you keep calling things "a huge defeat"?

He's obviously retarded.

Also, you can't take away a player's MVP award just because you feel like it.

Also, you cannot measure a player's greatness purely on number of championships won.

x2. Brett is by no means Joe Montana in the playoffs, but he isn't a choker. Football is the ultimate team game, even more so than any other sport. You put Brett on the 90s Cowboys and he has at least 4 rings. You put Montana, Brady, Marino, Young, or anyone else on the 07 Dolphins and they don't come close to doing what they did.

rampagefc77
08-07-2008, 10:30 AM

superbowl victories show how good your TEAM was, nothing about individual performances.

Favre in his prime was a great QB, that shouldnt even be up for debate. Favre is obviously past his prime, but still playing at a high level. Will he be effective this season? Its up for debate... im sure acquiring him this late is a huge risk.

mm55
08-07-2008, 10:44 AM
Brett Farve is the GREATEST

Mary........you know I'll always stay true to you....

Berts
08-07-2008, 10:45 AM
Blah Blah Blah, How deep is your "Great" QB list? Farve isn't even the best Packers QB IMO its Bart Starr.

rampagefc77
08-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Blah Blah Blah, How deep is your "Great" QB list? Farve isn't even the best Packers QB IMO its Bart Starr.

you should have given up a long time ago

Carpathia
08-07-2008, 10:57 AM

im very happy with Garcia being the starter over Favre

Berts
08-07-2008, 10:58 AM
you should have given up a long time ago

LOL nah this is fun. I figured the Bart Starr comment should produce some pretty funny posts.

Aaron Rodgers must be a great QB too, the Packers front office sure thinks so by thier actions. What has Rodger's proven?

fivas15
08-07-2008, 11:00 AM
LOL nah this is fun. I figured the Bart Starr comment should produce some pretty funny posts.

Aaron Rodgers must be a great QB too, the Packers front office sure thinks so by thier actions. What has Rodger's proven?

Just stop.