PDA

View Full Version : Manny to the Marlins??

mikep7
07-30-2008, 03:52 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8391628

This deal probably wont happen, but its kind of interesting to see the Marlins come out of nowhere as a potential trading partner for the Sox.

Negatron617
07-30-2008, 03:53 PM
they have traded big names before to each other.

Runngunn29
07-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Interesting, apparently its close to happening

bbacn123
07-30-2008, 04:30 PM
Possible 3-way deal sending Bay to the Red Sox

http://trades.mlblogs.com/archives/2008/07/manny_in_threeway_deal_that_in.html

thek1d
07-30-2008, 04:46 PM
Bay and Manny's numbers this season are pretty similiar. The Sox would be getting a young guy that's six years younger and who might actually sprint to 1st instead of job. People are saying the Sox have no shot without Manny, but the effort he's giving, I don't think they have much of a shot with him. Time to cut your losses Boston.

Bay: http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=424726
Ramirez: http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=120903

bbacn123
07-30-2008, 04:53 PM
Bay and Manny's numbers this season are pretty similiar. The Sox would be getting a young guy that's six years younger and who might actually sprint to 1st instead of job. People are saying the Sox have no shot without Manny, but the effort he's giving, I don't think they have much of a shot with him. Time to cut your losses Boston.

Bay: http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=424726
Ramirez: http://mlb.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=120903

In addition they also are at the very least guaranteed to have Bay next year as well.

This is Manny's last year with the team one way or another.

thek1d
07-30-2008, 04:55 PM
In addition they also are at the very least guaranteed to have Bay next year as well.

This is Manny's last year with the team one way or another.

Exactly. I really hope this deal goes through.

Angels will probably take it regardless, however.

beer n brats
07-30-2008, 04:55 PM
interesting. last time that happened Boston got Beckett and Lowell, and Florida got Hanely.

Runngunn29
07-30-2008, 05:05 PM
"Earlier on ESPN’s Baseball Tonight, Peter Gammons said, after having talked with people close to the Red Sox, he is convinced that ‘this thing with the Marlins’ and Ramirez will happen.

As Gammons pointed out, the Red Sox won a World Series after letting go of Nomar Garciaparra, they won a World Series after letting go of Pedro Martinez, and they believe they can win a World Series without Ramirez.

Later, also on Baseball Tonight, Buster Olney said, ‘The divorce is coming, and both sides realize that.’"

USAviator
07-30-2008, 05:20 PM
This would be fukin crazy!!!

johnny87
07-30-2008, 05:22 PM
i hope he does get traded. Im kind of tired of Manny's ****. And think it will be a nice blow to his ego if he gets traded to the marlins.

bbacn123
07-30-2008, 05:25 PM
i hope he does get traded. Im kind of tired of Manny's ****. And think it will be a nice blow to his ego if he gets traded to the marlins.

Nah. Dont want him in our division, even if we are done this year. Then I gotta look at his nappy ass hair that hasnt been washed since he entered the league many many years ago too often.

Plus the Red Sox get Bay and that pisses me off too. If the Pirates werent willing to deal him to us then i dont want anyone getting him. F*ck that ****.

RWHJR3
07-30-2008, 06:34 PM
I'm a Marlins fan, so seeing Manny here would be CRAZY!?

BangBrahs
07-30-2008, 06:37 PM
I've heard this rumor:

Marlins get Manny Ramirez
Red Sox get Jason Bay
Pirates get Jeremy Hermida or Josh Willingham

Negatron617
07-30-2008, 07:08 PM
I've heard this rumor:

Red Sox get Jason Bay

me too.....that wouldnt be so bad but still.....what will I do with my manny jersey?

Runngunn29
07-30-2008, 07:10 PM
I've heard this rumor:

Red Sox get Jason Bay
Terrible if the Pirates don't get more out of that, but they really should get Hermida or Josh.

I've read some things that says the deal is just about done. Just rumors though, but still interesting.

BangBrahs
07-30-2008, 07:11 PM
me too.....that wouldnt be so bad but still.....what will I do with my manny jersey?
What will I do with my Pudge jersey?

Negatron617
07-30-2008, 07:13 PM
What will I do with my Pudge jersey?

i still have my guerrero montreal jersey....but my last name is guerrero....i dont think i can wear the ramirez jersey after he left so bitterly.....at least pudge and the tigers werent feuding at the time of departure

bbacn123
07-30-2008, 07:15 PM
Terrible if the Pirates don't get more out of that, but they really should get Hermida or Josh.

I've read some things that says the deal is just about done. Just rumors though, but still interesting.

Pirates are also getting 3 additional prospects in that proposed deal. Hermida is just the centerpiece to it.

fivas15
07-30-2008, 07:16 PM
Are Hanley and Manny bros?

mikep7
07-30-2008, 07:17 PM
Here is the latest according to mlbtraderumors.com

8:50pm: Will Carroll believes the Commissioner's Office has been informed of a Red Sox-Pirates-Marlins trade even though the teams haven't agreed on the prospects. Here's how he sees it:

Marlins get Manny Ramirez, one prospect (BOS), and cash (likely Ramirez?s remaining salary)
Pirates get Jeremy Hermida and three prospects (two FLO, one BOS)
Red Sox get Jason Bay and John Grabow

bbacn123
07-30-2008, 08:27 PM
The Pirates will probably kill the 3-way deal. Its been damn near impossible to wrestle Bay away from them. They want a lot back

Negatron617
07-30-2008, 08:29 PM
The Pirates will probably kill the 3-way deal. Its been damn near impossible to wrestle Bay away from them. They want a lot back

they wont resign him next year....so after next year he'll prob just walk and the pirates will only get dust
we'll see how this all gays out

johnny87
07-30-2008, 08:46 PM
they wont resign him next year....so after next year he'll prob just walk and the pirates will only get dust
we'll see how this all gays out

pirates owner vetoed braves trade with them and we were giving them some pretty good players. so he may do it again.

bbacn123
07-30-2008, 08:57 PM
pirates owner vetoed braves trade with them and we were giving them some pretty good players. so he may do it again.

yep, Lillibridge, Jones, and two pitchers from AA. Maybe Hermida is more appealing to them though, but I find it hard to believe they'll find a deal better than the 4 players the Braves were willing to give up.

I dont really know who the other prospects would be that Florida is sending in that offer though.

beer n brats
07-30-2008, 09:38 PM
i dont think i can wear the ramirez jersey after he left so bitterly

after what Manny accomplished in Boston? you gotta represent son! i'd still wear that **** if i were you. Manny is one of my favorite all time players. he is badass!!

InternetsUser
07-30-2008, 11:54 PM
Would be sick, real sick. It'd bring a lot more excitement to the Marlins and we've had plenty of that going around lately.

fivas15
07-31-2008, 12:03 AM
i still have my guerrero montreal jersey....but my last name is guerrero....i dont think i can wear the ramirez jersey after he left so bitterly.....at least pudge and the tigers werent feuding at the time of departure

He hasn't said anything about the fans though.

broboma2012
07-31-2008, 12:08 AM

I would keep it considering there is a pretty good chance that there is going to be another player with the last name ramirez on the Red Sox.

T2TL
07-31-2008, 12:30 AM
isnt this going away from what the marlins have been trying to do? seems like their main focus is to get young players. it would help them press wise but i would rather keep hermida. sweet deal for the sox if they pull it off though