PDA

View Full Version : Has Manny finally worn out his welcome in Boston?

CerealKiller
07-27-2008, 06:15 PM
Manny being Manny works when they are winning, but after getting pulverized by the Yankees again yesterday the act is wearing thin with management. Should be interesting to see if he gets moved before the trade deadline.

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/10911106

Negatron617
07-27-2008, 06:16 PM
as long as he hits hes good with me

KingCanuck
07-27-2008, 06:19 PM
Hes going to the Jays aka his fav team growing up!

Negatron617
07-27-2008, 06:21 PM
Hes going to the Jays aka his fav team growing up!

but sadly he would be injury plagued if this move does happen

Huse
07-27-2008, 06:23 PM
as long as he hits hes good with me

x2 if manny plays like he did in the first inning, he can do whatever the **** he wants

Negatron617
07-27-2008, 06:24 PM
x2 if manny plays like he did in the first inning, he can do whatever the **** he wants

except PII my butt

niospecv
07-27-2008, 06:31 PM
Ellsbury at the bottom of the lineup. Good! Lester is dealing so far.

SeanCC
07-27-2008, 08:24 PM
I know I'm the only one in this camp but I want him gone after this year

east football
07-27-2008, 08:26 PM
except PII my butt

What if it means the sox win the series?

CerealKiller
07-27-2008, 08:28 PM

Oh I think he's definitely gone after the season, but I was thinking if the right offer emerges it might be within the next few days.

johnny87
07-27-2008, 08:47 PM
what happened? did he beat the **** out of another team employee trying to help him?

Negatron617
07-27-2008, 08:48 PM
What if it means the sox win the series?

nothing will ever top 2004
do not want!

Negatron617
07-27-2008, 08:51 PM

why?
as soon as Manny leaves we will immediately get much worse at offense.....you think a manny being manny moment here and there is why we SUCK on the road?
without Manny Ortiz isnt Ortiz and suddenly we're not one of the better hitting teams in the league......losing Manny will not do any good other than to management and even still they have been putting up with him cuz they know how valueable he is to the team.

east football
07-27-2008, 08:57 PM
nothing will ever top 2004
do not want!
True, thats something baseball will probably never see again.

why?
as soon as Manny leaves we will immediately get much worse at offense.....you think a manny being manny moment here and there is why we SUCK on the road?
without Manny Ortiz isnt Ortiz and suddenly we're not one of the better hitting teams in the league......losing Manny will not do any good other than to management and even still they have been putting up with him cuz they know how valueable he is to the team.

Damn, I agree with you on something.

Negatron617
07-27-2008, 08:58 PM
True, thats something baseball will probably never see again.

Damn, I agree with you on something.

stfu......im reasonable
youre gay :D:D

MoonMan12
07-27-2008, 08:59 PM
stfu......im reasonable

Yeah that's a good point, the Youk/Ortiz/Manny sandwich is completely done without manny.

east football
07-27-2008, 09:08 PM
stfu......im reasonable

It was only one time. I was young and needed the money.

CerealKiller
07-27-2008, 09:17 PM
what happened? did he beat the **** out of another team employee trying to help him?

Alot of it stems from Manny pulling himself out of the lineup the other night.

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2008/07/26/now_hes_a_guaranteed_out/

Pro_Shark
07-27-2008, 10:46 PM
No way will the sox trade him before this season is over. They are still in contention for the world series and without him they lose a lot of their offensive power. I can see him leaving after this year, but I am willing to bet he is not traded before the deadline.

east football
07-27-2008, 11:35 PM
Manny was just talking on ESPN. Sounds like he feels he isnt welcome. I never realized how thick his accent was.

BangBrahs
07-28-2008, 06:31 AM
From Wikipedia:

"July 21, 2004 - From his spot in left-center field, Manny inexplicably made a diving play to cut off a relay throw from center fielder Johnny Damon, allowing David Newhan of the Orioles to score on an inside-the-park home run. This event is widely considered by many fans of Red Sox Nation to be the most popular Manny moment"

Does anyone have a video clip of this?

OrdoAbchao
07-28-2008, 10:32 AM
From Wikipedia:

"July 21, 2004 - From his spot in left-center field, Manny inexplicably made a diving play to cut off a relay throw from center fielder Johnny Damon, allowing David Newhan of the Orioles to score on an inside-the-park home run. This event is widely considered by many fans of Red Sox Nation to be the most popular Manny moment"

Does anyone have a video clip of this?

I don't have it but I have seen it on ESPN'S top 10 manny being manny moments.

Some of the funniest **** I have ever seen. That play in particular was so outrageous I was dying.

Gmoney23
07-28-2008, 03:04 PM
Oh wow that Manny cutoff play is the greatest play I have ever seen. Lmao still thinking of it. I heard the MLB was really strict about the play and took it off the internet everywhere, I tried to find it a couple times in the past year and its impossible to find. Its hilarious though and reps to anyone who can find it..

Negatron617
07-28-2008, 04:10 PM
Oh wow that Manny cutoff play is the greatest play I have ever seen. Lmao still thinking of it. I heard the MLB was really strict about the play and took it off the internet everywhere, I tried to find it a couple times in the past year and its impossible to find. Its hilarious though and reps to anyone who can find it..

y?
its just a funny ass random play....i wonder what the problem would be

OrdoAbchao
07-28-2008, 04:31 PM
y?
its just a funny ass random play....i wonder what the problem would be

Yeah, seriously. I don't see why they would take it off.

Reps to the first to find the Baseball Tonight's top 10 Manny Being Manny plays

I need to see that again.

SeanCC
07-28-2008, 04:47 PM
why?

I know where your coming from but Manny puts up 30-100 these days and is on the decline. 30-100 is not $20 million, lots of guys put up the numbers Manny does these days. The Yankees just gave up jack**** for Xavier Nady and he has pretty damn similar numbers than Manny this year. After this year I think 20 million can be better spent than on Manny. I wouldn't mind them continuing to pursue Matt Holiday in a sign+trade or something. I just feel Manny can be replaced.

Negatron617
07-28-2008, 07:17 PM
I know where your coming from but Manny puts up 30-100 these days and is on the decline. 30-100 is not $20 million, lots of guys put up the numbers Manny does these days. The Yankees just gave up jack**** for Xavier Nady and he has pretty damn similar numbers than Manny this year. After this year I think 20 million can be better spent than on Manny. I wouldn't mind them continuing to pursue Matt Holiday in a sign+trade or something. I just feel Manny can be replaced.

manny is still an elite hitter....more importantly he is consistant....Nady has like 2 seasons where hes hit over .300 i think. Manny gets on base 40% of the time. You can only replace an elite hitter with another elite hitter. The likelihood of that happening is very minuscule.

BACKINTIME
07-29-2008, 07:00 AM

That play is hilarious.

As for Manny, I'm almost positive this is his last year in Boston, but I doubt he'll get traded before the deadline. And it's not like he's going to tank the season - he's one of the best hitters of this generation, and this is a contract year for him. The better numbers he puts up, the more money he'll get on the open market. Especially because I think Boras is now his agent.