PDA

View Full Version : putting on too much weight

soon2b3olympic
07-25-2008, 11:29 AM
Started my cut at 194,muscle mass was so so 16.5 inch arms like a month or less ago, im 205 with 17 inch arms and bigger muscle mass. How did this happen

diet: high protein/medium carbs (ev now and then carb load)/ so so on fats
around 1800 or less cals a day.

supps

no shotgun
2 diff types of whey protein
fish oils 3.6.9
hoodia/green tea

utvolman99
07-25-2008, 12:19 PM
Started my cut at 194,muscle mass was so so 16.5 inch arms like a month or less ago, im 205 with 17 inch arms and bigger muscle mass. How did this happen

diet: high protein/medium carbs (ev now and then carb load)/ so so on fats
around 1800 or less cals a day.

supps

no shotgun
2 diff types of whey protein
fish oils 3.6.9
hoodia/green tea

So to sum up, you gained 11 pounds on a cut? I thought the def of cutting is losing weight? Sounds like you were bulking and didn't know it...

soon2b3olympic
07-25-2008, 12:29 PM
well the diet fits a cut diet, what im asking is why did my body put on muscle instead of drop weight. Usually i would be happy but i need to make a weight class.

pats55583
07-25-2008, 12:31 PM
The only explanation is that you were mistakenly consuming way more than 1800 calories. There just seems to be no way your body can put on that mass on 1800 calories. I really don't know what else to say.

soon2b3olympic
07-25-2008, 07:09 PM
i narturally barely bring in 2000 and im still my size lol, iv adapted to the low cals but still doesnt make sense how cutting would do this to me, and i know its 1800 and lower because i use sparkpeople.com

d_shropshire
07-25-2008, 07:19 PM
The only explanation is that you were mistakenly consuming way more than 1800 calories. There just seems to be no way your body can put on that mass on 1800 calories. I really don't know what else to say.

x2.....

churn
07-25-2008, 07:20 PM
if what you say is true then you should be seeing a decent change in BF%

im thinking you can still gain muscle during a fat cut if you time your nutrition right

crupiea
07-25-2008, 08:57 PM
Its one of 2 things

1- You are some sort of genetic freak human who uses something other than food to grow.

or

2- you cant count.

When you lose body fat your muscles will appear larger and you can gain a bit of size and strength You wont gain weight on a calorie deficit. Maybe a closer look at your calories would find a solution.

soon2b3olympic
07-25-2008, 09:41 PM
Its one of 2 things

1- You are some sort of genetic freak human who uses something other than food to grow.

or

2- you cant count.

When you lose body fat your muscles will appear larger and you can gain a bit of size and strength You wont gain weight on a calorie deficit. Maybe a closer look at your calories would find a solution.

1,2,5,6, lmao no the website has a program to calculate your caloric intake and such. This is why im asking i dont understand it (although i am having a growth spurt im like 6 foot now) could it be that and i just have a lot of GH running around?

But then again i have survived my entire life on a caloric deficit and still got to my size etc. I rarely eat more than 2500 calories on any day unless im having brownies and ****tt and thats when im not dieting

Smallbigsam
07-26-2008, 02:26 AM
1,2,5,6, lmao no the website has a program to calculate your caloric intake and such. This is why im asking i dont understand it (although i am having a growth spurt im like 6 foot now) could it be that and i just have a lot of GH running around?

But then again i have survived my entire life on a caloric deficit and still got to my size etc. I rarely eat more than 2500 calories on any day unless im having brownies and ****tt and thats when im not dieting

i take that has a ''i cant count'' but yeah you could also be a mutant like in X-man or something right?

-----------Tobi
07-26-2008, 05:48 AM
Maybe you inhaled some second hand smoke....

But I dunno, maybe your scale was broken or something.

scubyfan
07-26-2008, 11:10 AM
You just said you're having a growth spurt: that's it. You're only 17 so a lot of the change isn't going to be caused by you, but by your body.

Second, when I lost fat, I lost arm size, as well. So if your arms are getting bigger, that could be fat.

scrummie2
07-26-2008, 01:07 PM
Maybe the oatmeal you're eating in the morning is really made of protein powder ha ha

Could be if you've been dieting for a long time AND being as young as you are yeah your body has adjusted to where your "cut" isn't really a cut...but could be the counting, even if you are tracking your food -- is there one thing or a few things in your diet you have been relying on that could have excess calories in them you don't know about?

For example, in my situation out here i get oatmeal every morning -- and for a while I tracked it in fitday as generic oatmeal made with water -- a few weeks ago I asked them how they made it and they said with milk and butter -- that doubled how many calories it had in it per fitday. I still lost weight but I had been taking in twice as many calories during breakfast as I had thought.

soon2b3olympic
07-27-2008, 05:14 AM
i take that has a ''i cant count'' but yeah you could also be a mutant like in X-man or something right?

yes! wolverine lmao