PDA

View Full Version : Insulin spike

sCratchZ
07-22-2008, 11:49 PM
When I take my shake of whey and creatine on days off, do I still need to do the insuline spike like I do on my post workout shake ?

And I also need a advise on how much water should I use with this shake :

72g of sugars (50% dextrose, 50% maltodextrin).
1 serving and a half of ON 100% whey protein (About 36g of whey, and a couple gs of BCaas and glutamine).
1 serving of prolab creatine monohydrate (5g creatine).

That would be my post workout shake, just need to know how much water to put in it.

My goal is to gain some weight, buy building muscle even if that cost get a lil fat on the road. Breakfast,Lunch,Pre workout, Post Workout, Dinner and b4 bed meal... 6 meals, enough for my goals ?

Any answers would be appreciated :D ty in advance.

Dr. Horse
07-23-2008, 12:07 AM
You don't need to worry about "insulin spike" ever.

mmg
07-23-2008, 12:11 AM
firstly in regard to how much water you should use. its up to you, try out different amounts and see what you like e.g. i only use 200ml with 2 scoops whey when they recommend 400ml.

secondly whether you need the insulin spike. insulin is needed to help push protein and fat into cells, so is basically needed to get the protein in, so in my opinon you can if you want, but its not necessary.

but, on the off days try and do without shakes and try and get whole meals, as the shake is a supplement and should only really be used for ease after a workout to quickly get in protein.

If your trying to put on weight just having a shake as a meal is not gonna do it. I'd suggest having a chicken breast with rice and veg and just having the creatine in some water!

rockeo
07-23-2008, 12:20 AM
insulin is ur friend if u dont abuse it

in10city
07-23-2008, 01:18 AM
There isn't a compelling reason to consume the same post-workout meal when you are not working out.

sCratchZ
07-23-2008, 10:25 AM
So basically I shouldn't take creatine and whey on off days ? Or take but not all together and without a insulin spike ?

400ml water
20g carbs dex malto
5g creatine

Is it good to take on empty stomach on off days ?

And I was thinking about taking my whey in the morning as well, but just one scoop. I know whey is a fast acting protein and its more useful when taken pre or post workout, but Its a quality protein for my body in off days, because the body grows while resting... And I am not using non of this to substitute meals watsoever.

BiomedMatt
07-23-2008, 12:18 PM
So basically I shouldn't take creatine and whey on off days ? Or take but not all together and without a insulin spike ?

400ml water
20g carbs dex malto
5g creatine

Is it good to take on empty stomach on off days ?

And I was thinking about taking my whey in the morning as well, but just one scoop. I know whey is a fast acting protein and its more useful when taken pre or post workout, but Its a quality protein for my body in off days, because the body grows while resting... And I am not using non of this to substitute meals watsoever.

Take creatine on off days as well. Just take 5g in the morning when you wake up. No need to add the carbs, just take the creatine. Yes, you can take it on an empty stomach.

You can take the protein if you want to on your off days and in the morning... although a whole-food meal would be fine as well.

sCratchZ
07-23-2008, 12:33 PM
I am bulking so extra 20g carbs wouldn't hurt would it ? I am thinking about taking my creatine upon waking up. And then I would eat a super breakfast..

1 scoop of whey with milk.
1 bowl of milk with oatmeal.

Instead of getting my breakfast protein from my eggs like I usually do, I would get it from whey. Or maybe, taking my creatine, than my breakfast (without the whey) and animal pak and than later on in the morning have my whey with milk alone or having whey at the same time I do when I workout which is around 6 pm.

snorkelman
07-23-2008, 01:15 PM
Take creatine on off days as well. Just take 5g in the morning when you wake up. No need to add the carbs, just take the creatine. Yes, you can take it on an empty stomach.

You can take the protein if you want to on your off days and in the morning... although a whole-food meal would be fine as well.

I agree with everything he wrote