PDA

View Full Version : Some anti-war protestors need to practice what they preach

PatrickDurden
07-22-2008, 07:00 PM
Just watching Hannity & Colmes and they were talking about a anti-war rally back in March in Santa Barbara. There was a Marine there who has been to Iraq and one girl told him to "go back to Iraq and kill some more people.", and then shot him the finger. Another one spit on him and started mocking him.

Things like that should not be happening. That is not how you win over hearts and minds of people and it's definitely not something I would picture anti-war heroes like Ghandi, John Lennon, Dali Llama, etc.. doing. People need to learn some tact.

jmonty
07-22-2008, 07:06 PM
too bad that Marine had enough discipline to not bitch slap that bitch that spit on him.

nutsy54
07-22-2008, 07:23 PM
Attacking someone (verbally or physically) is never the answer. . . Unless you're an anti-war liberal and someone disagrees with you :rolleyes:

Grinners
07-22-2008, 08:37 PM
Just watching Hannity & Colmes and they were talking about a anti-war rally back in March in Santa Barbara. There was a Marine there who has been to Iraq and one girl told him to "go back to Iraq and kill some more people.", and then shot him the finger. Another one spit on him and started mocking him.

Things like that should not be happening. That is not how you win over hearts and minds of people and it's definitely not something I would picture anti-war heroes like Ghandi, John Lennon, Dali Llama, etc.. doing. People need to learn some tact.

X2 !

k4y
07-22-2008, 09:43 PM

Yep, I just saw that video. I've got to say props to the marine for keeping his cool. That video made this ****in loser "anti war protestors" look like utter morons, to put it as nice as possible. He was filming on behalf of the UCSB College Republicans, which I will join next year. They've been very welcoming this year, but I had no time... big regret.

majortrepak
07-23-2008, 11:46 AM

#1 reason why I dislike peacenicks

TDetroit
07-23-2008, 11:53 AM

wasting your time son, these are not war protestors, they are protesting the fact that we took down a dictotor, they prefer dictatorship to democracy because there is power in a dictator and they want to keep people down.

you would be wise to always look for the dirty little secret in liberal actions.

Hesh
07-23-2008, 02:21 PM
People need to learn some tact.

Don't you mean the one girl in a single isolated incident needs to learn some tact.

One day, Teen Oak, you will realize that listening to Sean Hannity is for dumbasses.

sugicalmike
07-23-2008, 02:23 PM
I think California could fall into the ocean like they keep saying it's going to, and the majority of America would be allright with that.

nutsy54
07-23-2008, 02:37 PM
Don't you mean the one girl in a single isolated incident needs to learn some tact.Do we actually need to start documenting every case of "war protesters" who attack recruiting stations, funerals, and campus events? This is far from an "isolated incident", and you know it.

Hesh
07-23-2008, 02:59 PM
This is far from an "isolated incident", and you know it.

Not really. It happens very infrequently, but then is heavily reported on by Fox News.

The group protesting at funerals were Christian. Should I go ahead compare all Christians to the Westboro sect?

nutsy54
07-23-2008, 03:17 PM
The group protesting at funerals were Christian. Should I go ahead compare all Christians to the Westboro sect?When has any post in this thread piled the specific protesters into a larger group? Nobody here even named the group that did the protesting in the OP's incident.

Yet it's clear their actions frequently go beyond "peaceful protest", which was the OP's point.

From the Santa Barbara Students Against War web site, downloadable posters include the phrase "Protest and Direct Action" {emphasis added}
http://sbantiwar.org/printable_flyers.htm (Poster #7)

5:25 a.m. February 13, 2008
SANTA BARBARA ? Hundreds of anti-war activists staged a raucous demonstration at the University of California, Santa Barbara.
. . .
University police arrested three demonstrators during Tuesday afternoon's noisy, but generally peaceful, anti-war rally. There are no details about the arrests. http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/state/20080213-0525-ca-brf-cencoast-anti-warprotest.html

I could obviously find many more examples (noting that FoxNews is linked anywhere here). If violence is never the answer, then why would there ever be an assault, arrest, or other similar incident at an anti-war rally?

Vitalshok44
07-23-2008, 04:15 PM

Not really surprising considering how much hate liberals are filled with these days, they seem to be getting angrier all the time almost like they've been suppressing this rage they feel towards the military for far too long and I fear the dam will break for them very soon. And what sadly happened to so many returning from Vietnam will begin happening to those returning from Afghanistan and Iraq

JuanDenver
07-23-2008, 04:17 PM
One wonders why that isnt a hate crime eh?

nutsy54
07-23-2008, 04:22 PM
One wonders why that isnt a hate crime eh?It's only a hate crime when it's against a group that the Liberals like :p

US_Ranger
07-23-2008, 04:30 PM
When has any post in this thread piled the specific protesters into a larger group? Nobody here even named the group the did the protesting in the OP's incident.

Yet it's clear their actions frequently go beyond "peaceful protest", which was the OP's point.

From the Santa Barbara Students Against War web site, downloadable posters include the phrase "Protest and Direct Action" {emphasis added}
http://sbantiwar.org/printable_flyers.htm (Poster #7)

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/state/20080213-0525-ca-brf-cencoast-anti-warprotest.html

I could obviously find many more examples (noting that FoxNews is linked anywhere here). If violence is never the answer, then why would there ever be an assault, arrest, or other similar incident at an anti-war rally?

Nutsy.

Owning retards since 1856.

nutsy54
07-23-2008, 04:32 PM
Owning retards since 1856.I'm not that old :eek:

Thinman
07-23-2008, 05:09 PM
I think California could fall into the ocean like they keep saying it's going to, and the majority of America would be allright with that.

Until America found out how much tax revenue California contributes to the economy. For the countries sake, people better not hope it falls into the ocean.

PatrickDurden
07-23-2008, 06:47 PM
#1 reason why I dislike peacenicks

Don't you mean the one girl in a single isolated incident needs to learn some tact.

One day, Teen Oak, you will realize that listening to Sean Hannity is for dumbasses.

Just because someone is anti-war and at a peace rally doesn't mean they're a "crazy liberal". I consider myself a conservative for the most part and I am anti-war. We should not lump every peace protester in to the same category of the people I mentioned in the original post, some people got it wrong in this thread.

razuel
07-23-2008, 06:51 PM
All liberals are whackjobs with no respect for their country and all conservatives are racist biggots that love war.

Stop grouping everyone together.

stateless
07-23-2008, 07:08 PM

It's a shame something like that would happen. Whatever a persons opinion, a country needs an army, and the soldiers of that army do not choose where they are deployed. Therefore what do they expect him to do? They are either effectively saying that ALL wars are 'wrong', or that this one is and he shouldn't go. If it's the former, their view would result in the destruction on the country if everyone agreed with it, if it's the latter then why do they think that her opinion is more valid in this situation than anyone elses? I can only assume that she hasn't thought this through properly. Anyone willing to sacrifice their life for their nation deserves a level of respect. She's as bad as what she's attacking. You don't appeal to peoples sense of right or wrong by spitting in their face.

quadrasaurus_pex
07-23-2008, 07:12 PM
All liberals are whackjobs with no respect for their country and all conservatives are racist biggots that love war.

Stop grouping everyone together.

lol. I see the satire.

JamesGatz83
07-23-2008, 08:51 PM
Attacking someone (verbally or physically) is never the answer. . . Unless you're an anti-war liberal and someone disagrees with you :rolleyes:

Yes, let's make this yet another tedious, partisan discussion, because liberals have a monopoly on immature, tactless behavior.

This type of behavior is more a commentary on the particular individuals involved than it is an indictment of anti-war liberals as a group.

I'm an anti-war libertarian, and I certainly don't advocate this type of behavior. The assertion that it has anything to do with one's political affiliation or stance on the war is ridiculous.

When has any post in this thread piled the specific protesters into a larger group? Nobody here even named the group that did the protesting in the OP's incident.

The post above piled the specific protesters under the designation "anti-war liberals." Based on the spitting and obscene gestures of a handful of protesters, you chose to accuse all anti-war liberals of employing selective morality.

As an above poster noted, it'd be equivalent to someone reacting to an abortion clinic bombing perpetrated by one maniac by saying, "Thou shalt not kill... unless you're a Christian and someone violates the word of god :rolleyes: ." It isn't fair to associate all Christians with a reprehensible act committed by one misguided member of their religion. Just like it isn't fair to indict all anti-war liberals based on the actions of a couple misguided protesters who happen to share their ideology.

drstrangepimp
07-23-2008, 09:03 PM
wasting your time son, these are not war protestors, they are protesting the fact that we took down a dictotor, they prefer dictatorship to democracy because there is power in a dictator and they want to keep people down.

you would be wise to always look for the dirty little secret in liberal actions.

Yeah we sure fixed things for those people.

They have alot more freedom and a better life now.

Thank God we don't have dictatorship here.

Imagine what things would be like if you had one man who could basically overrule everyone and imprison people indefinitely and torture people.

FitManJack
07-23-2008, 09:10 PM
First off, the bitch that spit in the Marine's face is an idiot who misdirected her frustrations as do so many in this nation of the clueless.

Now, on to the meat...this entire "left vs. right" / "us vs. them" paradigm is a media-hyped soap opera that serves to divide the 75% of Americans who actually fall in the gray area between left and right extremes.

I know self-styled conservatives and so-called liberals who take the shirts off of their backs for each other. I have one friend who is a registered Democrat who set up an organization to send care packages to US troops in Iraq and Afghanistan, but who also loudly opposes the War on Terror.

The work-a-day Joes and Jills who vote Republican are generally NOT saber-rattling warmongers.

The work-a-day Joes and Jills who vote Democratic are generally not Yugo-driving, vegetarian peaceniks with a Jerry Garcia complex.

As long as otherwise good Americans gather their information from the well-tooled propaganda machine, and not from serious independent research and reflection, we will continue to be lost, divided, and virtual slaves of a broken political system driven by corporatism, and not individualism.

WAKE UP! It's time to stop relying on the Clintons and Bushes and every kind of wealthy incumbent congressman to fix our problems. It's time to turn off the loud-mouth pundits like Sean Hannity and Randi Rhodes and Al Franken and Rush Limbaugh and draw our own conclusions instead of operating on borrowed ideas, second-hand idealogies and meaningless labels.

Who will you allow to do your thinking for you?

-FMJ

jmonty
07-23-2008, 09:17 PM
Yeah we sure fixed things for those people.

They have alot more freedom and a better life now.

Thank God we don't have dictatorship here.

Imagine what things would be like if you had one man who could basically overrule everyone and imprison people indefinitely and torture people.
i speak sarcasm like a second language son. :p

drstrangepimp
07-23-2008, 09:49 PM
i speak sarcasm like a second language son. :p

Hey man, all I'm sayin is invading someone's country for no reason and killing them is one thing.

Insulting a member of the king's army is BULL**** man.

After all the founding fathers loved standing armies, anyone who doesn't agree is anti-american.

I think it was Jefferson who said anybody who ain't a soldier need to shut der pieholes!