PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Quesadillas

CroaT154
07-21-2008, 06:22 AM
How healthy are homemade chicken quesadillas?

Anticrombie315
07-21-2008, 06:26 AM
Depends on the cheese you use, and how you cook them. I put butter on the outside of the tortilla so it doesn't burn, which obviously isn't too healthy. Throw some peppers or something in, eat with salsa, and I'd say you are pretty good.

DeathCereal
07-21-2008, 06:29 AM
As healthy as what you put into them?

mustangpete4.6
07-21-2008, 06:40 AM
Use your speard sparingly, non fat cheese blend, wheat tort's and cook your chicken in a George Foreman and you will be ok :)

CroaT154
07-21-2008, 06:49 AM
Depends on the cheese you use, and how you cook them. I put butter on the outside of the tortilla so it doesn't burn, which obviously isn't too healthy. Throw some peppers or something in, eat with salsa, and I'd say you are pretty good.

Going to use the monterey jack cheese.

I'm going to make it with baked/boiled chicken, peppers, black beans, jalapenos, cheese, and some diced tomatoes. And sour cream and salsa on the side.

As healthy as what you put into them?

List is above. I don't see anything bad about it besides the cheese.

Use your speard sparingly, non fat cheese blend, wheat tort's and cook your chicken in a George Foreman and you will be ok :)

Thanks.

consciouschef
07-21-2008, 08:31 AM
Measure your cheese. You can cook them in a non-stick pan without any butter or oil, just do it on medium-low heat (about 4/10) and keep an eye on it so it doesn't burned. You want it to be nicely browned with a little crispness.

CroaT154
07-22-2008, 09:27 AM
Well I ended up "trying" to make the quesadillas.

First I made some pico de gallo -> 1 onion diced, 1 tomatoe diced, 2 limes juiced, 1 jalapeno peper diced, and 2 tbsp cilantro.

Then I sauted 1 green pepper, 1/2 onion, and 2 cloves garlic.

Added chicken.

My sister were eating and they didn't want pico de gallo so I took half the chicken, green pepper, onion, and garlic out.

Then I put in the pico de gallo with the other half and let it heat up.

I did my sisters quesadilla first and it came out perfect.

Then i did mine and I had an enormous amount of meat and other items and thought I could flip it like a professional. Well when I flipped it half of it flew out onto the ground and the whole thing was off.

I was pissed but it tasted good eating it with a fork. haha.