PDA

View Full Version : So who else can't wait for football season? I'm dyin here...

GolfPants
07-15-2008, 06:55 PM
Another month and a half...

Exist 2 Inspire
07-15-2008, 06:59 PM
Oh ****, it's only a month and a half? Awesome, I didn't think about it being that close...can't focking wait.

GolfPants
07-15-2008, 07:01 PM
Me either man. I see you are a jags fan. I love the jags, been a fan since they were formed. How ya think Garrard will do this year?

Exist 2 Inspire
07-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Me either man. I see you are a jags fan. I love the jags, been a fan since they were formed. How ya think Garrard will do this year?

I think he'll be awesome. Last year he was a "game manager". This year he'll be a playmaker. ;)

GolfPants
07-15-2008, 07:06 PM
Yeah, although he made a play or two last year. I think it's finally our year to pass the colts provided he stays healthy meets expectations. You wouldn't happen to read Ask Vic would ya?

Exist 2 Inspire
07-15-2008, 07:08 PM
Yeah, although he made a play or two last year. I think it's finally our year to pass the colts provided he stays healthy meets expectations. You wouldn't happen to read Ask Vic would ya?

No, what's that?

GolfPants
07-15-2008, 07:14 PM
Oh, just a blog on the jags website. Something you said reminded me of it.

BadgerDave
07-15-2008, 07:36 PM
Yeah, I agree. As much as I love baseball there's nothing like football, so much more intense. Besides, football sundays = greatest day of the week by far.

But two things bug me right now: 1. I don't know who my team's QB will be (damn Ted Thompson, just let the ironman come back a starter) 2. They changed the ticket system at UW this year, and I got unlucky and didn't get Badger tickets. bah

GolfPants
07-15-2008, 07:45 PM
Yeah I definately agree. Sunday during football season is great. Get a nice cheat meal goin and watch the games. And yeah, the packers are an NFC favorite, let him start. Favre > Rodgers. My school gives all undergrads tickets :)

BadgerDave
07-15-2008, 07:49 PM
Where do you go?

Becuase Camp Randal can't fit the 40,000+ students here lol.

GolfPants
07-15-2008, 07:50 PM
Rutgers. All we have to do is sign up a week before each game and we get the ticket. And they are adding like 15,000 seats to the stadium for this season.

BadgerDave
07-15-2008, 07:54 PM
Nice. I wish it was like that here lol. But they changed the system and basically helped freshmen get tickets and screwed many upper classmen out of them.

GolfPants
07-15-2008, 08:01 PM
That sucks. Really, they helped freshman? My sis went to UF and it was IMPOSSIBLE for freshman to get tickets. I thought most schools were like that. How many seats in yer stadium?

BadgerDave
07-15-2008, 08:12 PM
Yeah. Up until last year all upper classmen got tickets on a first come first serve basis, which worked out well because those who cared most would usually remember to sign up and would get them. Then they'd save a few for incoming freshmen and give them through a lottery. This year everyone had to sign up for the lottery, so basically a ton of tickets that would have usually been upper classmen turned into freshmen. I believe they have 16,000 student tickets.

Come to think of it though, football sundays are more like a cheat day than just a cheat meal lol. Pizzas, burgers, chips, beers...what more could you want.

TheDude824
07-15-2008, 08:14 PM
Yeah, I agree. As much as I love baseball there's nothing like football, so much more intense. Besides, football sundays = greatest day of the week by far.

x2... No other day beats Sunday football. Damn I really crave to just be able to sit back on the couch and enjoy every single game. Have a beer, cook some food and just chill out. Nothing will ever beat that.

Sean_A_Nitro
07-15-2008, 08:22 PM
Rutgers. All we have to do is sign up a week before each game and we get the ticket. And they are adding like 15,000 seats to the stadium for this season.

You at USF game last year? I almost busted my ass rushin the field

GolfPants
07-15-2008, 08:23 PM
x2... No other day beats Sunday football. Damn I really crave to just be able to sit back on the couch and enjoy every single game. Have a beer, cook some food and just chill out. Nothing will ever beat that.

Couldn't have said it any better...

GolfPants
07-15-2008, 08:24 PM
You at USF game last year? I almost busted my ass rushin the field

NO and I am so pissed that I wasn't. The Cincinatti loss really pissed me off so I didn't go. Bunch of my friends were there and they said it was insane. I heard there were like 6 broken legs that night...

Sean_A_Nitro
07-15-2008, 08:27 PM
Haha i understand, yeah buncha people gettin treatment in the stands afterwards. I dunno what year your in but I was at louisville 2 years ago, that was f*ckin insane too. our picture made the targum lol

GolfPants
07-15-2008, 08:29 PM
I'm only gonna be a sophomore but I been a Rutgers fan for a while and I watched that Louisville game on TV. What a great game and a great comeback.

What do you think about the upcoming season? I hear Mason Robinson is pretty nastie...

Sean_A_Nitro
07-15-2008, 08:32 PM
It's all on Teel now, I think he'll be solid. He gets more **** than he deserves. Our defense is solid too. We should be pretty good.

Alfro
07-15-2008, 08:36 PM
I cant wait... Jackson State is a local D-IAA school and I got free season passes after going to a camp there... All I gotta do is call the head recruiter and say I wanna go and I got tickets... Im gonna go to some of those games definately... I miss playing football the most... I cant wait untill I every Friday night I got a football game, I can rest Saturday and watch football, I can rest sunday and watch fotball, and once I get home from football practice Monday I can rest and watch monday night football..I then have football practice all week and they show games on thursday... I seriously was pretty depressed when football season was over, I didnt know what to do with myself... Especially when the field house is closed and I cant even work out...

GolfPants
07-15-2008, 08:37 PM
I was one of the people hatin on Teel until I found out he played most of the season with like a broken finger or something. He could be good, but we'll have to see. And if not...JABU!!

Sean_A_Nitro
07-15-2008, 08:44 PM
Yeah I ****in cant wait. But until then, see you at the college ave gym (or easton)!

fivas15
07-15-2008, 09:52 PM
I'm stoked for college football to start.

Oak-As 916
07-15-2008, 10:30 PM
Watch out for BYU.

They can score on anybody, and if the defense holds, they will go undefeated, with an outside shot at the National Championshiip Game.

fivas15
07-15-2008, 10:35 PM
Watch out for BYU.

They can score on anybody, and if the defense holds, they will go undefeated, with an outside shot at the National Championshiip Game.

No non-BCS school will ever go to the NC game.