PDA

View Full Version : Clean bulking - fat?

Dnarts
07-13-2008, 09:12 PM
I weigh too little, so I'm bulking. I've put on about 10 pounds in over a month, I look a bit bigger, but my stomach looks like it gained a bunch of fat!

Wutthehell, my diet has been pretty clean:

1.Breakfast (prewo)
-1 cup oats
-1 banana
-1 scoop whey
-3 eggs/3 whites

[Work out]

2. PWO shake
-1 scoop whey
-1 banana
-1 cup milk

3. Post PWO meal
-Sweet potato
-1/2 cup oats and 1/2 cup milk
-Chicken breast
-Can of tuna

4. Lunch before work
-Turkey breast
-Slice of whole grain toast
-Some veggies

5. Snack
-Turkey breast and veggies
-Cup of milk

6. Dinner
-3 eggs/2 whites
-Chicken breast

7. After work snack
- Turkey breast
- Asparagus
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup cottage cheese

Turkey/chicken breast is constantly available for me so it's a staple. I also snack on nuts/pb and such throughout if I feel hungry. I understand that fat will be gained on a bulk no matter what, but it seems like I'm gaining way too much fat on my stomach, it's getting puffed out (not cool). I was thinking I should eliminate carbs after work, but there aren't any good carbs available at work - it's always eggs, turkey, etc. so I want some when I get home..

here's pics:
June 5 - 125 lbs
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/KoolKidsKlan/Prog-22.jpg
July 14 - 136 lbs
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/KoolKidsKlan/Picture075.jpg

so what gives? is there something I'm doing wrong?

Shinjan
07-13-2008, 09:43 PM
what fat... i only see bones. Seriously... bulk more

EYS
07-13-2008, 09:45 PM
Dont worry about it, I cant tell much of a difference. You still look extremly lean. Keep going.

tinyman5000
07-13-2008, 09:46 PM
wtf is wrong with your stomach in the first pic its got a gap

ur shoulders and chest are far more muscular

turtlesauce
07-13-2008, 09:47 PM
z0mg, eat more.

rockyk86
07-13-2008, 09:48 PM
Replace Oats with a spoon of flax seed oil in the 7th meal.

Avoid whole milk, switch to semi-skimmed or skimmed.

I experience bloating with milk.

Golden14922
07-13-2008, 09:49 PM
you may have gained some fat but youve gained muscle as well.

you look a lot better in the second picture (no homo)

Dnarts
07-13-2008, 09:53 PM
Should I continue like this and cut hard when I reach my desired weight?

Let me know what else I can change, I'll replace the late night oats for some flax.

Also, milk. Should I remove it from my diet?

tinyman5000
07-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Should I continue like this and cut hard when I reach my desired weight?

Let me know what else I can change, I'll replace the late night oats for some flax.

Also, milk. Should I remove it from my diet?

dude that guy is wrong, ignore him. drink all the milk you want

BuffMister
07-13-2008, 10:11 PM
dude,you will limit your gains if you worry to much about putting fat on your mid section.....just keep doing what you are doing,theres no way around it your gunna put some fat on,just dont hit the panic button just yet....

well done on your gains so far ;)

MJfinns
07-13-2008, 10:13 PM
How are you already thinking about a cut when you could still gain like 30 lbs and still look lean

mrselfde_struct
07-13-2008, 10:16 PM
god damn i wish i had you metabolism... eat somemore dammit.. your worries too much. lucky guy..

some fat will do you good... your too skinny imo

Dnarts
07-14-2008, 06:20 AM
How are you already thinking about a cut when you could still gain like 30 lbs and still look lean

I'm not thinking about a cut, I'm thinking about bulking until my desired weight.

Is there anything I should do or change on my bulk?

Nukewarm
07-14-2008, 06:34 AM
If I could make a suggestion...it looks to me like you're backloading your carbs at the end of the day because you don't have "access" to them earlier in the day. This should be the other way around.

You should be frontloading your carbs (having the most during your first meal gradually down throughout the day) and reduce them so you have the least at your last meal. This might be more important for you even considering you work out in the mornings as well.

As a suggestion too, believe it or not I don't think you're eating enough. :(
I too and bulking and I am eating almost twice what you are right now. Try rounding out your meals a little bit. Make sure you have fruit with at least your first two meals and veggies with your last four or so. I'm just guessing but I'd say that meal plan you're following has roughly 2500 carbs (maybe less?) and most of the carbs are in the last few meals. You want to be in caloric surplus to get gains but considering you work out in the morning and are backloading your carbs you will still get gains but it might be more effective if you do it the other way around. :)

Just my two cents, grats on your progress so far dude!

Dnarts
07-14-2008, 07:14 AM
Alright, I'm going to have carbs early in the day and a lot less later in the day, thanks.

I'm going to try calculating my diet to make sure I'm eating 500+ calories, I might not be eating the correct amounts. I eat a lot, I was thinking I ate too much because my stomach has started to puff out and look like ****.

AbAbber2k
07-14-2008, 07:32 AM
Avoid milk, causes bloating.

Does he ****ing look bloated? He looked anorexic in the first pic, and you're telling him to beware of bloating. ****ing genius.

I personally think he should be putting down a gallon of whole milk a day.

OP: Much improvement for one month bulk. More muscle and abs don't look weird anymore. :P Keep up the good work.

anonymous
07-14-2008, 08:28 AM

Dnarts
07-14-2008, 08:41 AM
Thanks guys, appreciate it.

xemtekx
07-18-2008, 09:50 AM
your not even CLOSE to being fat... look at lee priest off season photos.. thats when u stop bulking

Columbo123
07-18-2008, 10:12 AM
I weigh too little, so I'm bulking. I've put on about 10 pounds in over a month, I look a bit bigger, but my stomach looks like it gained a bunch of fat!

Wutthehell, my diet has been pretty clean:

1.Breakfast (prewo)
-1 cup oats
-1 banana
-1 scoop whey
-3 eggs/3 whites

[Work out]

2. PWO shake
-1 scoop whey
-1 banana
-1 cup milk

3. Post PWO meal
-Sweet potato
-1/2 cup oats and 1/2 cup milk
-Chicken breast
-Can of tuna

4. Lunch before work
-Turkey breast
-Slice of whole grain toast
-Some veggies

5. Snack
-Turkey breast and veggies
-Cup of milk

6. Dinner
-3 eggs/2 whites
-Chicken breast

7. After work snack
- Turkey breast
- Asparagus
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup cottage cheese

Turkey/chicken breast is constantly available for me so it's a staple. I also snack on nuts/pb and such throughout if I feel hungry. I understand that fat will be gained on a bulk no matter what, but it seems like I'm gaining way too much fat on my stomach, it's getting puffed out (not cool). I was thinking I should eliminate carbs after work, but there aren't any good carbs available at work - it's always eggs, turkey, etc. so I want some when I get home..

here's pics:
June 5 - 125 lbs
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/KoolKidsKlan/Prog-22.jpg
July 14 - 136 lbs
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v376/KoolKidsKlan/Picture075.jpg

so what gives? is there something I'm doing wrong?

bro...you are 6 foot your skeleton and organs weigh abou 120lbs you have very very little muscle so yes, eat more, please

Dnarts
07-18-2008, 10:13 AM
Haha, thanks for the help. Repz.

Should I be gaining like 1lb a week?

Also, pretty much all the calculators tell me I have a different BMR, so I'm taking in somewhere between 2700-3000 cals/day.

eat more, please

Will do. Eating is awesome.

Columbo123
07-18-2008, 10:17 AM
Haha, thanks for the help. Repz.

Should I be gaining like 1lb a week?

Also, pretty much all the calculators tell me I have a different BMR, so I'm taking in somewhere between 2700-3000 cals/day.

Will do. Eating is awesome.

glad you didnt take it as a slam, cause it wasnt...you have potential and your young eat now, that should be the only thing on your mind.....when you gain another 20lbs reevalute....I will bet you you look better

Bioteknik
07-18-2008, 10:19 AM
Replace Oats with a spoon of flax seed oil in the 7th meal.

Avoid whole milk, switch to semi-skimmed or skimmed.

I experience bloating with milk.

doesn't mean he is.. whole milk is what that guy needs.

belairdfence99
07-18-2008, 10:26 AM
Its all in your head OP, you still look really lean