PDA

View Full Version : capn crunch and whey

qdiddy69
07-13-2008, 06:20 PM
any 1 else do this,
pour 2 scoops of whey in a bowl with some cereal and milk?
easily fits into macros, delicous and nutricous
super easy to make too8)

Chuck_Melrose
07-13-2008, 06:23 PM
I save the cap'n for a cheat day. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy too much added sugar and other stuff you shouldn't be having to eat it on a regular basis.

qdiddy69
07-13-2008, 06:25 PM
I save the cap'n for a cheat day. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAy too much added sugar and other stuff you shouldn't be having to eat it on a regular basis.

does have alot of sugar, but of course i watch how much of it i put into the cereal, nothing more then a cup full which is about 30g c, the milk and whey protein slows its digestion up and its espicially good pre workout when i want the insulin rush

Knux
07-13-2008, 06:26 PM
does have alot of sugar, but of course i watch how much of it i put into the cereal, nothing more then a cup full which is about 30g c, the milk and whey protein slows its digestion up and its espicially good pre workout when i want the insulin rush
I've never heard of whey slowing anything.

But hey, Cap'N Crunch is cool, so enjoy!

SouthsideIrish44
07-13-2008, 06:26 PM
I put protein powder on my cheerios/Kashi cereal all the time. On Capt. Crunch tho?! I'd think you'd SO ruin it but hey if it works, don't fix it :)

qdiddy69
07-13-2008, 06:27 PM
I've never heard of whey slowing anything.

But hey, Cap'N Crunch is cool, so enjoy!

it will slow the sugar in whey down, whey is fast absorbing but it is slower then sugar, espicially when coupled with milk but yeah you cant duplicate the taste of cap'n crunch 8)

I put protein powder on my cheerios/Kashi cereal all the time. On Capt. Crunch tho?! I'd think you'd SO ruin it but hey if it works, don't fix it :)

yeah i didnt think it woulda tasted good when i thought of it, but i think it makes it even better now

Chuck_Melrose
07-13-2008, 06:29 PM

That to me on top of the sugar already in it is a lot.

I don't follow the whole high gi thing post workout myself. Hell, yesterday I had a fricken steak as my post workout meal, but for those that do I thought things like dextrose was looked upon more favorably than sugar.

Oh, and since it's my cheat day I should mention that as I type this I am enjoying a bowl of crunch berries and a long john :)

RippedFibers
07-13-2008, 06:32 PM
any 1 else do this,
pour 2 scoops of whey in a bowl with some cereal and milk?
easily fits into macros, delicous and nutricous
super easy to make too8)

PWO yesterday I had a whey shake WITH cap'n crunch on the side.

qdiddy69
07-13-2008, 06:34 PM
That to me on top of the sugar already in it is a lot.

I don't follow the whole high gi thing post workout myself. Hell, yesterday I had a fricken steak as my post workout meal, but for those that do I thought things like dextrose was looked upon more favorably than sugar.

Oh, and since it's my cheat day I should mention that as I type this I am enjoying a bowl of crunch berries and a long john :)

no i meant i only put a cup of the cereal which made it 30gc total(without the milk), isnt the most cleanest of meals, but i choose to make my cheat meal as healthy as i can, and the whey helps me fill in the macros too

PWO yesterday I had a whey shake WITH cap'n crunch on the side.

nice, when you become daring enough try mixing the whey with the cereal 8)

RippedFibers
07-13-2008, 06:37 PM
no i meant i only put a cup of the cereal which made it 30gc total(without the milk), isnt the most cleanest of meals, but i choose to make my cheat meal as healthy as i can, and the whey helps me fill in the macros too

nice, when you become daring enough try mixing the whey with the cereal 8)

lol, I considered it, but didn't want to ruin the great Cap'ns magic formula

qdiddy69
07-13-2008, 06:44 PM
lol, I considered it, but didn't want to ruin the great Cap'ns magic formula

haha thats a good point, but i think i should make my own cereal now and call int cap'n whey, ill sell it on bb.com

RippedFibers
07-13-2008, 06:49 PM
haha thats a good point, but i think i should make my own cereal now and call int cap'n whey, ill sell it on bb.com

btw, what flavor whey did you use, vanilla.

I just though of something, use a cinnamon flavored whey, or add it to vanilla

qdiddy69
07-13-2008, 06:52 PM
btw, what flavor whey did you use, vanilla.

I just though of something, use a cinnamon flavored whey, or add it to vanilla

iv'e done it with double chocolate, but i just ate it with chocolate mint