PDA

View Full Version : fat want wanna lose some wieght :)

fatkid_pie
07-10-2008, 09:40 AM
hey guys.. im totally new here, i just joined like 10 mins ago, so heres the thing

im 16, about 305 lbs, and about 6'3'', so you can tell im pretty out of shape

but i worked out alot for a year or so then i dropped it for a bit because i was busy with school but now i wanna get back into it, i can curl 40's 10 reps about 3 sets and leg press last year i maxed out at 530 lbs, i dont have a bench (yet)
just dumbells

but thats not the point, the point is i wanna lose some fat, so.. i cant run much more than one block and im dead.. pretty sad i know, i can bike a few km's but meh

so.. anyone wanna help me or atleast direct me on what to do?
any help is soooo greatly appreciated
ps. sorry its so long, any questions about my diet etc id be happy to answer

Bosatsu
07-10-2008, 09:46 AM
There are thousands of articles you can read on your subject. That would be what I would do for a few days if I were you. Just look up at the very top of the site and it's the second link to click on. Search fat loss. I would recommend finding your BMR, taking a calorie deficit, and finding a workout routine that suites your needs. You will definitely meet your goals with determination, but first you need to educate yourself, so start reading!

Bnizzle163
07-10-2008, 09:52 AM
1.) Scroll towards top of page and find the "Search" function.

2.) Click on advanced search.

3.) Type in what you want to search for.

4.) Read and learn :)

fatkid_pie
07-10-2008, 09:57 AM
ya ive been reading for a while
all i can find is about diets, not actual excercises and stuff
but im sure ill find something

Bosatsu
07-10-2008, 10:02 AM
If you want exercise routines go to the workout program section or look at the losing fat logs ppl post, they always have their workouts.

Bnizzle163
07-10-2008, 05:23 PM
A good workout routine is going to be VERY beneficial in your fat loss. But to tell you the truth Diet > training.

Can you lose weight on training alone? It's possible, but not if you're eating like crap. Can you lose weight on diet alone? Yes. What's your best bet? A combination of the two : Nutrition and a proper resistance training program. Like above poster said, check out the workout routine sections.

Good luck!

paki123
07-10-2008, 05:35 PM
im looking for diets

Wild_Weasel
07-10-2008, 08:30 PM
To get you started:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=108318781

kranked
07-10-2008, 08:52 PM
Get a gym membership, one of the easiest and most important steps.

Next comes using it, and eating right. I wouldn't worry about specifics right now, just make a solid effort to cut out the junk and try to eat good food. You don't need to focus on portion control or precise macronutrients for the time being. When someone your size starts out, they loose an easy 20lbs by simply starting up a better diet.

Once all that's on track check back here for some more advice, in the mean time read all the stickies. Teen forum, excercise, fat loss, and nutrition forums.

du3ce
07-10-2008, 08:58 PM
get a job doing something active, join a gym, lift weights, start slow on the bike and then move ur way up to the elipticals and treadmill, just do something productive where u dont have time to sit down and eat.

kranked
07-10-2008, 09:02 PM
Forgot to mention, join the highschool football and rugby teams in the coming school season. Rugby is the reason I have abs.