PDA

View Full Version : Man... alcohol totally F*ed up my workout today!

Frog.
06-26-2008, 02:59 AM
Last night I had a few drinks with some friends and got kinda tipsy... not wasted. I didn't get any hangover when I woke up today so I decided to go work out.

I took my usual scoop of no-xplode, a protein shake, and a serving of m-stak before my workout.

So I get to the gym and I'm just shaking like a mofo! I couldn't lift the weights I was lifting last week. Overall, I felt so tired and I even slightly pulled a back muscle.

I just decided to leave early instead of forcing a half-assed workout.

But damn, I didn't know alcohol could ruin things so easily :(

UNCnate
06-26-2008, 04:26 AM
Last night I had a few drinks with some friends and got kinda tipsy... not wasted. I didn't get any hangover when I woke up today so I decided to go work out.

I took my usual scoop of no-xplode, a protein shake, and a serving of m-stak before my workout.

So I get to the gym and I'm just shaking like a mofo! I couldn't lift the weights I was lifting last week. Overall, I felt so tired and I even slightly pulled a back muscle.

Alcohol will do that. You were dehydrated among a few other things.

user67812464021324984621321
06-26-2008, 04:35 AM
Alcohol is a no go, especially on the night before a workout lmao.

I had a similar workout today. Didn't get a chance to eat my usual pre-workout meal and ended up eating less. I waited 2 hours till lifting which was way too long so it felt like lifting on an empty stomach. Boy did I suffer, my endurance was complete **** and I barely had enough energy to last through the hour.

I was so pissed, I didn't wait a week to do this session just to half ass it.

kstevo
06-26-2008, 04:48 AM
I was so pissed, I didn't wait a week to do this session just to half ass it.

lol I feel ya bro it's like F*CK A WHOLE NOTHER WEEK!? NOOO

solidwon
06-26-2008, 05:37 AM
I must be one of the X-men. I can get hammered, still make it to the gym the next morning, and still move iron like an animal. Of course, not before at least a half a gallon of water. In any case, this proves nothing as I'm only sacrificing progression for the sake of avoiding regression because of drinking.

punksurfer024
06-26-2008, 05:57 AM
thatll happen, i cant have more then 2 drinks the night before a workout.....specially since i wake at 4am to go straight to the gym

jcosley
06-26-2008, 06:24 AM

Hey same thing happened to me on monday. Only thing you can do is get your diet back on, drink alot of water, and push through it. Luckily after 50 mins cardio and a weight session on monday......tuesday i was back to normal and had a personal best on DEADS....keep lifting brotha!

obmas
06-26-2008, 06:37 AM
alcohol will dehydrate you like crazy...

i got wasted one night, and the next day i was at the gym, i was 5-7 lbs lighter

gottalift78
06-26-2008, 06:38 AM
When I was in college I used to set a multi next to my sink along with a vitamin water / gatorade. I would down the pill / drink then fill the bottle up with water, down that, fill it again and then set it next to my bed for when I woke up. Magic I tell ya.