PDA

View Full Version : What should I eat in order to gain 20 pounds?

Norli
06-25-2008, 03:42 PM
I am 22 years old, have an BMI of 18.5, and I weigh 54 kilos (118 lbs), which isn't much considering I'm 1,70 cm tall (5,54 feet).

I'm sick and tired of being a weak, anorexic coward that can't stand up for himself. I want to grow bigger, and need to know what kind of food I need, and how often I should eat on a daily basis.

patelucr
06-25-2008, 03:57 PM
beef

bobbybuilder1
06-25-2008, 04:00 PM
Eggs, whole milk, brown rice and beef are what are called for here.

GForce78NJ
06-25-2008, 04:01 PM
crisco

Spottydog
06-25-2008, 04:02 PM
The basics are carbs, protein, fat. Also some fruits and veggies don't hurt.

I was in your boat a year ago, so I can relate.

Eat 500 calories above maintenance everyday. TO find your maintenance, try using this (http://www.caloriecontrol.org/calcalcs.html) to get a decent estimate.

What's your diet look like now?

What specifically do you need to know about nutrition? Your question is mighty broad. Eating = mass.

Norli
06-25-2008, 04:06 PM
What's your diet look like now?

What specifically do you need to know about nutrition? Your question is mighty broad. Eating = mass.

I eat three times a day. Breakfast is usually 3 eggs and two slices of bread. For dinner it's usually rice and meat (I'm Middle-Eastern). And my last meal of the day is either fast-food (kebab) or a few slices of bread and cheese/ham.

I need to know what kind of food I need to put on weight, and how often I should eat on a daily basis in order to gain and sustain the weight I wish to have, and not feel so dizzy and tired all the time.

Spottydog
06-25-2008, 04:12 PM
I eat three times a day. Breakfast is usually 3 eggs and two slices of bread. For dinner it's usually rice and meat (I'm Middle-Eastern). And my last meal of the day is either fast-food (kebab) or a few slices of bread and cheese/ham.

I need to know what kind of food I need to put on weight, and how often I should eat on a daily basis in order to gain and sustain the weight I wish to have, and not feel so dizzy and tired all the time.

Try adding three meals so you have six.. Your first meal looks solid, as does dinner (though some veggies would be nice in there too). Last meal is a bit iffy, some cottage cheese and peanut butter (can you eat these) or a casein shake would be good (basically, a nice protein + fat meal, so salmon or eggs or something could work too)

Here's a link to a good diet I'm doing right now:
http://www.massdiet.com/

Aindreas
06-25-2008, 04:14 PM

All you actually have to do to gain weight is eat more of what you're eating, which doesn't really sound bad although you could probably do with some fruits and veggies.

EatMoreWheyMore
06-25-2008, 05:00 PM
3 PB&J's a day forever