PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose

™da1™
06-24-2008, 09:13 PM
Do you guys think D rose should be number 1 or beasly

Is D rose worthy for the #1 spot like espn says?What makes him number 1?Do you think beasly is number 1 and why?

Tell why you think d rose should be number one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhdjR-XlU1Y

johnny87
06-24-2008, 09:14 PM
i think rose is going to be good but not as good as paul or williams like some think.

fivas15
06-24-2008, 09:15 PM
If I had the Number 1 pick and was starting a franchise, I'd take Rose.

But if I was the GM of the Bulls and had their team, I'd take Beasley, if he can mature quick, he'll easily become a top 5 F in my honest opinon.

HollywoodBody
06-24-2008, 09:17 PM
D rose should definitely be #1.

Great pointguard, played in a good system at memphis that spaced the floor a lot like the NBA. Good scorer, passer, good ball handler on the fast break, good athleticism...

Point guards are hard to find, there are only a few great all around point guards in the league right now. Chris Paul, Chauncy Billups, Deron Williams, and a few others. There are a ton of great scoring power forwards- Jermaine ONeal, Amare, Chris Bosh, Carlos Boozer, Al Jefferson, Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, Josh Smith, etc. etc. the list goes on.

Gotta draft the point guard, he's too good to pass up.

Gmoney23
06-24-2008, 09:24 PM
I dont think you can go wrong with either. But, I have some concerns of Beasley only being 6'7. I think Rose will be one of the top 3 if not the best PG in the league when he is in his prime.

™da1™
06-24-2008, 09:28 PM
i think rose is going to be good but not as good as paul or williams like some think.he will reach there level faster that people think

If I had the Number 1 pick and was starting a franchise, I'd take Rose.

But if I was the GM of the Bulls and had their team, I'd take Beasley, if he can mature quick, he'll easily become a top 5 F in my honest opinon.nice

D rose should definitely be #1.

Great pointguard, played in a good system at memphis that spaced the floor a lot like the NBA. Good scorer, passer, good ball handler on the fast break, good athleticism...

Point guards are hard to find, there are only a few great all around point guards in the league right now. Chris Paul, Chauncy Billups, Deron Williams, and a few others. There are a ton of great scoring power forwards- Jermaine ONeal, Amare, Chris Bosh, Carlos Boozer, Al Jefferson, Kevin Garnett, Tim Duncan, Josh Smith, etc. etc. the list goes on.

Gotta draft the point guard, he's too good to pass up.yup he is rare

I dont think you can go wrong with either. But, I have some concerns of Beasley only being 6'7. I think Rose will be one of the top 3 if not the best PG in the league when he is in his prime.is he 6'7 with shoes?

sullly
06-24-2008, 09:28 PM
i think the bulls need a PF more than they need a pg right now so id go with beasley.
Otherwise id go with Rose since like everyone else said great PGs are hard to come by.

The Prime Nip
06-24-2008, 09:29 PM
I see him as a faster and quicker Chauncey Billups in 2-3 years if he can get a consistent jump shot. I'd take him over Beasley.

johnny87
06-24-2008, 09:34 PM
he will reach there level faster that people think

?

lol no, he will never be close.

i watched all three play in college and i like pauls and williams game much better.

Gmoney23
06-24-2008, 09:39 PM
lol no, he will never be close.

i watched all three play in college and i like pauls and williams game much better.

They both stayed more then one year in college. If you compare their freshman years Rose was just as good as Paul and light years ahead of Williams at that stage.

johnny87
06-24-2008, 09:43 PM
They both stayed more then one year in college. If you compare their freshman years Rose was just as good as Paul and light years ahead of Williams at that stage.

lol man, i havent seen someone this over hyped since reggie bush.

you probably never even watched Paul play in college.

Gmoney23
06-24-2008, 09:47 PM

Do you disagree with me about comparing them at the same stage? Im a huge Illini and Deron Williams fan. Deron as a freshman was a chubby, pass first PG, with an OK mid range game, and not much of a shot as a freshman. You can go either way with Rose or Paul's freshman seasons. Both are comparable..

™da1™
06-24-2008, 10:09 PM

you probably never even watched Paul play in college.i havnt seen much footage but i am pretty sure D rose is better than they were there freshman year

fivas15
06-24-2008, 10:10 PM
i havnt seen much footage but i am pretty sure D rose is better than they were there freshman year

He was also on a better team with better players.

SpiderSense
06-24-2008, 11:35 PM
i think the bulls need a PF more than they need a pg right now so id go with beasley.

Beasley is to small to play PF, if he were 2" taller I'm sure the Bulls would take him.

Plus I heard Rose's athleticism is off the charts.

johnny87
06-24-2008, 11:37 PM
Beasley is to small to play PF, if he were 2" taller I'm sure the Bulls would take him.

u can play pf at 6 7.

SpiderSense
06-24-2008, 11:41 PM
u can play pf at 6 7.

LOL, and you can also play PG/SG.

johnny87
06-24-2008, 11:43 PM
LOL, and you can also play PG/SG.

there are a bunch of guys that have played pf at around that height and played very well. i dont know why your laughing?

SpiderSense
06-24-2008, 11:55 PM
Cause if I'm looking for a PF I'm looking more in the 6'9"-6'11" range.

natespeer
06-25-2008, 06:04 AM
He was also on a better team with better players.

yeah but that's what held him back from scoring more! early in the season rose was hesitant to shoot. in 3 years rose will be one of the top 3 pgs in the league and yes, i would take him over derrick coleman i mean michael beasley!!!!!!!!!:)

ty247
06-25-2008, 06:27 AM
In all fairness to Beasley.. It's 6'7'' without shoes.

.. and you can't take away how dominant he was in College nor how athletic he is, nor his wingspan.

I can definitely see D. Rose being really good in the league, he has a fairly thick build and is incredibly athletic. He drives to the basket really well and positions his body to take contact.. it's almost as if he welcomes it.

I was really impressed with his play and you could tell he was going to be good down the road in the NBA. He passes well and creates great shooting opportunitys for his teammates by the way he drives the lane.

But the question is, does Chicago need a low post scoring presence or a PG?

Lindsay Head
06-25-2008, 07:14 AM
Umm a point guard, unless you count Hinrich as a guy that can lead a team which in that case take Beasley. Although i was listening to ESPN radio show and they interviewed John Hollinger who does statistical anlysis of al the draftees and he had Beasley clearly the higest rating player with Kevin Love at 2. He had based on his results Rose about 6 or 7th ranked I think. Although it is just stat analysis his system has been proven correct in the past, was quite interesting.

Beasleys rating is the higest of any player since 2002. He also explained that the year Boozer got drafted I think in the second round or something he had him the second highest rated player, which is pretty interesting.

Jyeatbvg
06-25-2008, 07:33 AM
Beasley should be #1, Rose #2 IMO. Why? I'd pick a Forward over a Point Guard anyday. Chris Paul > Rose so don't use that comparison.

™da1™
06-25-2008, 07:36 AM
In all fairness to Beasley.. It's 6'7'' without shoes.

.. and you can't take away how dominant he was in College nor how athletic he is, nor his wingspan.

I can definitely see D. Rose being really good in the league, he has a fairly thick build and is incredibly athletic. He drives to the basket really well and positions his body to take contact.. it's almost as if he welcomes it.

I was really impressed with his play and you could tell he was going to be good down the road in the NBA. He passes well and creates great shooting opportunitys for his teammates by the way he drives the lane.

But the question is, does Chicago need a low post scoring presence or a PG?
we will see the outcome tomorrow