PDA

View Full Version : Creatine

Prim3
06-20-2008, 12:58 PM
Hi,

Now I know creatine questions have been answered here many times and I did read most of the threads labelling, "All your creatine questions answered here etc.." and "Best Creatine Product' but I still had some questions as I am fairly new with this.

I'm about 120lbs (yeah skinny), 18, and around 5'9". I'm trying to put on mass. I have a healthy diet, I workout. I take Whey protein and a good multi-vitamin but recently my eyes are on Creatine.

I've read Mono is the best in Creatine and that too, in powdered form. My question are:

1) Can I take creatine after my workouts with Whey protein and milk mixed together? If not milk, then apple juice?

2) Do I take creatine on the days I don't workout? (Rest days)

3) I'll be taking a loading phase but it will only be about 3ish grams due to my bodyweight as I don't want to **** "like an elephant" (quoted some thread on here; sorry can't remember the name!). Will that be fine?

4) After going through the loading phase and into the maintenance phase, how long should I keep going through it till I do the cycle thing lol. 6 weeks? After that I should stop for a month and then Reload again?

For now, these are the only questions I have.

I apologize if I posted it in the wrong section or didnt do a full research before. Thanks.

Prim3.

_J-BONE_
06-20-2008, 01:05 PM
1) Take with apple juice if for no other reason than not having gritty milk.
2) Yes take it on rest days..afternoon or when you would normally work out if it was training day
3)Loading isn't necessary..try to shoot for 5g's/day
4)Take it forever if you want..no cycling necessary

Prim3
06-20-2008, 05:55 PM
It will be okay if I take it though right? Considering I'm only 120lbs?

Do I need to know anything else before I buy it? And, which one should I buy?

Thanks,
Prim3

anchor_man
06-20-2008, 05:57 PM
mix it with your protein shake...

cycle if you want.. or don't want to.

Benched
06-20-2008, 06:06 PM
http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/pl/creatine.html

Prim3
06-25-2008, 08:05 PM
My eyes are actually on SizeON.

I had a question regarding that. It says 43g is one serving size but I thought only 5g of creatine a day should be fine. 43g? Isnt that a big too much?

Also, should I take creatine before? Or, sip it during my workout and take whey after it?

Thanks!

Joe D
06-25-2008, 08:15 PM
size on is more than just creatine, look at the ingridients. its taken while you lift.

quank
06-25-2008, 08:40 PM
I've read Mono is the best in Creatine and that too, in powdered form.

don't believe everything you read about Mono. MAN Orotine blows Mono out of the water.

Prim3
06-27-2008, 10:23 AM
I see. Sorry joe, I'm just new to this stuff. I bet I wouldn't be able to tell much even by looking at the ingredients.

But I'm still kind of worrying about that 43g per serving thing. One serving size of 43g and I just sip it during the workout?

And is it okay if I take whey protein after my workout? (Not immediately, just about 30 mins after)?

Thanks!
Prim3

DVFlyer
06-27-2008, 12:39 PM
I see. Sorry joe, I'm just new to this stuff. I bet I wouldn't be able to tell much even by looking at the ingredients.

But I'm still kind of worrying about that 43g per serving thing. One serving size of 43g and I just sip it during the workout?

And is it okay if I take whey protein after my workout? (Not immediately, just about 30 mins after)?

Thanks!
Prim3

It's 43g total of all ingredients in a scoop. Lots more than just creatine.

Here's the reference page:

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/gn/size.html