PDA

View Full Version : Vitamin C about to be made illegal in Canada

Enso
06-19-2008, 08:17 AM
I suppose this may be related to Codex Alimentarius ?

http://ezinearticles.com/?Vitamin-C-Is-About-To-Be-Made-Illegal-In-Canada!-Nutritional-Supplements-Banned-In-Canada!-Bill-C-51&id=1174122

"So you want to take Vitamin C, how about if it was illegal to take that vitamin C, what if it was so illegal that you could be thrown in jail for up to 2 years and fined up to $5,000,000! Sounds like fiction doesn't it?

Well it's about to become reality unless people become aware of what is going on. The Canadian Government is trying to pass a bill known as Bill C51. This bill has already passed its second reading and it is flying under the radar, it is very close to becoming law"

I have been for socialized health care here in the U.S. However, if something like this becomes more likely due to government control of the institution (as it is in Canada)...I am going to be forced to re-think my position.

Dubl10
06-19-2008, 08:19 AM

http://ezinearticles.com/?Vitamin-C-Is-About-To-Be-Made-Illegal-In-Canada!-Nutritional-Supplements-Banned-In-Canada!-Bill-C-51&id=1174122

"So you want to take Vitamin C, how about if it was illegal to take that vitamin C, what if it was so illegal that you could be thrown in jail for up to 2 years and fined up to $5,000,000! Sounds like fiction doesn't it?

Well it's about to become reality unless people become aware of what is going on. The Canadian Government is trying to pass a bill known as Bill C51. This bill has already passed its second reading and it is flying under the radar, it is very close to becoming law"

I have been for socialized health care here in the U.S. However, if something like this becomes more likely due to government control of the institution (as it is in Canada)...I am going to be forced to re-think my position.

how fuking bullsh&t is that! banning vitamin C, how fuking absurd.

StartTheMachine
06-19-2008, 08:23 AM
They can't do this. Vitamin C is one of my top 15 favorite vitamins.

Rune
06-19-2008, 08:25 AM
I had something on this a little while back in another thread, these articles are blowing up some parts of the bill (i/e saying vitamin C would be illegal, is not entirely true). That said, I've already written people about this bill, as it allows for gestapo like seizure of goods and money from business owners, absurd fines, as well as a few other things. It would still be ok do sell supplements, but you require license, and then you still have the government wanting to basically regulate it so much it becomes near impossible to keep a business going.

I have more than enough complaints about our current government, either way C-61 is of far more importance to me right now.

Enso
06-19-2008, 08:30 AM
It would still be ok do sell supplements, but you require license, and then you still have the government wanting to basically regulate it so much it becomes near impossible to keep a business going.

I have more than enough complaints about our current government, either way C-61 is of far more importance to me right now.

I can agree with a license, but the excessive regulation I am skeptical of if it makes it were it is near impossible to operate your business.

What is C-61?

teh_Maso
06-19-2008, 08:32 AM

Actually, vitamin c is only the beginning.

90% of herbal/supplements will be considered illegal and will be behind the counter, no access unless your doctor prescribes it for you.

Giving garlic to your neighbour could be considered an offence.

This is possibly the stupidest idea Canada could ever instate.
With our already overwhelmed free health care, doctors will be looking at a hell of a lot more paitents to see, and waiting times will only increase.

What's the point?
So pharmaceuticals can control the market? So we can't govern our own health without the approval of a doctor?

What a bunch of bs this is.
I am so mad about this its stupid.
Please any canadian citizens in this forum, go to a local health/nutrition store, they will have ammendment forms for this, its free to mail.
FILL THEM OUT!

tds.Enziet
06-19-2008, 08:32 AM
lol no

Rune
06-19-2008, 08:35 AM
I can agree with a license, but the excessive regulation I am skeptical of if it makes it were it is near impossible to operate your business.

What is C-61?

Canadian DMCA, the more I read the bill the more angry I'm getting that they even proposed it. Bunch of f**king whores to the influence of American big media.

stateless
06-19-2008, 08:47 AM
back away from the oranges... back away from the oranges!!

dfdsgdfgyh

90% of herbal/supplements will be considered illegal and will be behind the counter, no access unless your doctor prescribes it for you.

With our already overwhelmed free health care, doctors will be looking at a hell of a lot more paitents to see, and waiting times will only increase.

What's the point?
So pharmaceuticals can control the market? So we can't govern our own health without the approval of a doctor?

Please any canadian citizens in this forum, go to a local health/nutrition store, they will have ammendment forms for this, its free to mail.
FILL THEM OUT!

Shopper Drug Mart will have 'em ? Because if they do have the forms, im gona be distributing them in my street aswell. because this is some REAL bull****

grup910
this is more of the bu$h pharmaceutical and medical corporations trying to take over the supplement market. they want everyone to be sick so that 1) they are easier to control (sick/unhealthy people have less energy and less creative thinking ability to resist, and tend to believe the right wing propaganda), and 2) the medical, hmo and pharmaceutical industries will make more money "treating" all the sick people with their chemicals and surgeries, etc. it's an outrage. vitamin C is just the beginning, as others have said. they started here in the US with the ephedra ban, and have been trying to shut down the supplement market ever since.

teh_Maso
06-19-2008, 09:05 AM
Shopper Drug Mart will have 'em ? Because if they do have the forms, im gona be distributing them in my street aswell. because this is some REAL bull****

I'm not sure if they would have them, they may be in support of this because they could probably make more money off it.

Go to your local GNC, they will have them.
Or look on google/phone book/yellow pages for any herbal store or anything in your area, they will have the forms there.

Also consult this website:

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/StopC51

mjfan12
06-19-2008, 09:09 AM
What's their reasoning for banning it? Will they ban oranges as well? LOL

teh_Maso
06-19-2008, 09:10 AM
this is more of the bu$h pharmaceutical and medical corporations trying to take over the supplement market. they want everyone to be sick so that 1) they are easier to control (sick/unhealthy people have less energy and less creative thinking ability to resist, and tend to believe the right wing propaganda), and 2) the medical, hmo and pharmaceutical industries will make more money "treating" all the sick people with their chemicals and surgeries, etc. it's an outrage. vitamin C is just the beginning, as others have said. they started here in the US with the ephedra ban, and have been trying to shut down the supplement market ever since.

I think they are also scared that these herbal supplements and healing remedies have actually been working for people.
People are starting to go to practitioners rather then doctors.
With all this talk about being green and energy efficient and everything, everyone has begun this whole ALL NATURAL attitude.
This alarms pharmaceutical companies because they will lose their monopoly over the market.
What's wrong with it? Nothing. It should be a choice we are all entitled to.

ElderJefferson
06-19-2008, 09:12 AM
If true, this idea is insane. Talk about throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Hey, I have an idea. If the government is really concerned about the health of its citizens, why not do some comprehensive studies on supplements to determine which ones are the most "dangerous", and to whom. Publish the results to the public and medical field and let common sense prevail.

Stizzel
06-19-2008, 09:17 AM

Yep, thats Codex Alimentarius. With every SPP summit meeting Canada and the US will become more similar. Welcome to the New World (Order).

Meanwhile aspartame, fluoride, and GM foods are almost unavoidable.

Atlas Shrugged
06-19-2008, 09:20 AM
Ummmm, blame Canada?

/had to be said

grup910
06-19-2008, 09:28 AM
I think they are also scared that these herbal supplements and healing remedies have actually been working for people.
With all this talk about being green and energy efficient and everything, everyone has begun this whole ALL NATURAL attitude.
This alarms pharmaceutical companies because they will lose their monopoly over the market.

Absolutely. they are using their power and undue influence to try to monopolize the "health care industry" (which is really a sick care industry) and increase their profits even more -- all at our expense! That's why in this country the republicans are so dangerous: they are always about giving even more power to these kinds of corporate interests and taking more of our freedom, choices, and power away. I'll bet the righties on this board would defend big pharma in banning OTC supplements, just like they defend big oil! "they have to make their profits, don't they," etc. that's totally out of whack!

leafs43
06-19-2008, 09:36 AM
lol no

U mad that your government that you have been praising is going to tell you what you can or cannot eat?

teh_Maso
06-19-2008, 09:41 AM
Absolutely. they are using their power and undue influence to try to monopolize the "health care industry" (which is really a sick care industry) and increase their profits even more -- all at our expense! That's why in this country the republicans are so dangerous: they are always about giving even more power to these kinds of corporate interests and taking more of our freedom, choices, and power away. I'll bet the righties on this board would defend big pharma in banning OTC supplements, just like they defend big oil! "they have to make their profits, don't they," etc. that's totally out of whack!

I am in the middle of writing an email to Stephen Harper right now actually, I am 99.9999% sure he will not even read this, but that is not going to stop me.
I'll just keep calling his office all day long next week or something to try and discuss this matter with him personally.

Even though these efforts will probably yeild failure across the board, its worth a shot.

This kind of thing is seriously going to limit people to all chemical drugs.
I go to my doctor and ask for a herbal cough suppresant or decongestant or something and he will perscribe something pharmaceutically made, or chemical.
So what do you do? Go doctor to doctor until you find one that will actually perscribe what you are requesting?

Thy_Kingdom
06-19-2008, 10:09 AM
I am in the middle of writing an email to Stephen Harper right now actually, I am 99.9999% sure he will not even read this, but that is not going to stop me.
I'll just keep calling his office all day long next week or something to try and discuss this matter with him personally.

Even though these efforts will probably yeild failure across the board, its worth a shot.

This kind of thing is seriously going to limit people to all chemical drugs.
I go to my doctor and ask for a herbal cough suppresant or decongestant or something and he will perscribe something pharmaceutically made, or chemical.
So what do you do? Go doctor to doctor until you find one that will actually perscribe what you are requesting?
Relax dude. The senate will probably strike down this motion or force the house to amend it. Vitamin C will not be banned in Canada.

YUL
06-19-2008, 10:40 AM
I think it's more that making unsubstantiated claims about a product benefits or efficacy will be illegal.

like saying vitamin C will cure cancer without proof

Enso
06-19-2008, 10:47 AM
I think it's more that making unsubstantiated claims about a product benefits or efficacy will be illegal.

That is understandable. If that is all it is, then that is fine imho. Making it wear vitamins can only be obtained by prescription however if so is absurd. Vitamins are food based. Sure, multivitamins are made in labs, but they are of natural sources. Sure regulation is needed to ensure what is on the lable is in the box...but turning control over to the pharmaceutical industry is not necessary.

Rune
06-19-2008, 10:48 AM

The first half of the bill isn't too bad, most of it like you said deals with labeling and manufacturing procedure. The second half is what scares me, the parts about licensing, inspectors, etc are very loosely worded and open to some scary interpretations on enforcement in regards to the sale of different supplements.

YUL
06-19-2008, 10:51 AM
The first half of the bill isn't too bad, most of it like you said deals with labeling and manufacturing procedure. The second half is what scares me, the parts about licensing, inspectors, etc are very loosely worded and open to some scary interpretations on enforcement in regards to the sale of different supplements.

yea, I remember your original thread.

the idea for the law is kinda good I guess but the enforcement part reads like it was written by a law school student or something. Seems kind of rushed and vague.

Vadim Beliaev
06-19-2008, 11:23 AM
Relax dude. The senate will probably strike down this motion or force the house to amend it. Vitamin C will not be banned in Canada.

dont be so sure

high dosed vitamin supplements are already banned in some Scandinavian countries

Just because people relaxed and did nothing when they could

HatesFat
06-19-2008, 11:24 AM
And this is the CONSERVATIVE gov't putting the bill through...

tds.Enziet
06-19-2008, 11:27 AM
U mad that your government that you have been praising is going to tell you what you can or cannot eat?

No, it won't happen. :)

Mises
06-19-2008, 11:28 AM
I don't get it, does that mean Orange juice will be illegal? :P lol (serious)

Stizzel
06-19-2008, 11:30 AM
I don't get it, does that mean Orange juice will be illegal? :P lol (serious)

No but you won't be able to buy vitamin c over the counter.

This has been in planning for a long time now, and it won't stop with vitamin c.

Codex Alimentarius, look it up. Nutrients are classified as toxins.

Rune
06-19-2008, 11:31 AM
No, it won't happen. :)

They already do it. This just allows them more freedom.

Mises
06-19-2008, 11:33 AM
No but you won't be able to buy vitamin c over the counter.

This has been in planning for a long time now, and it won't stop with vitamin c.

Codex Alimentarius, look it up. Nutrients are classified as toxins.

Well I'm in the US, either way I think it's stupid and you guys up there should not allow this! SLIPPERY SLOPE!!!!!!!!!!

tds.Enziet
06-19-2008, 11:35 AM
They already do it. This just allows them more freedom.

Okay, when does it go into effect? 'Cause there's a whole isle in my Superstore filled with vitamins, C included.

Rune
06-19-2008, 11:39 AM
Okay, when does it go into effect? 'Cause there's a whole isle in my Superstore filled with vitamins, C included.

I mean they already regulate what can and can't be sold very strictly, I've been in a supplement store when some inspectors came in, they cleaned out a bunch of stuff. The wording of the latter part of this bill has serious implications in regards to giving the licenses necessary to manufacture/sell a product. It's still yet to be voted on which is why it's important to get involved while you can, I'd urge you to at least get a look at the text of the bill.

http://www2.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/Publication.aspx?DocId=3398126

teh_Maso
06-19-2008, 11:53 AM

Sorry, but i dont want a doctor telling me what i should be entitled to decide for myself.
I can determine what multivitamin is right for me, on my own.
If you want a doctor to decide your supplements, then go see a doctor and talk to him about it, its shouldn't be mandatory.

teh_Maso
06-19-2008, 11:55 AM
I mean they already regulate what can and can't be sold very strictly, I've been in a supplement store when some inspectors came in, they cleaned out a bunch of stuff. The wording of the latter part of this bill has serious implications in regards to giving the licenses necessary to manufacture/sell a product. It's still yet to be voted on which is why it's important to get involved while you can, I'd urge you to at least get a look at the text of the bill.

http://www2.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications/Publication.aspx?DocId=3398126

ditto to that. its already passed its second hearing.
one more and its a law, you'll regret it when your sitting in a waiting room for 6 hours to get some multivitamins.

drjjg
06-19-2008, 12:10 PM
Well I'm in the US, either way I think it's stupid and you guys up there should not allow this! SLIPPERY SLOPE!!!!!!!!!!

Its similar to legislation that has been attempted in Congress.

Keep in mind that a Conservative(albeit minority) government is pursuing such a scheme. Why people vote them in is beyond me :confused:

teh_Maso
06-19-2008, 12:13 PM

Keep in mind that a Conservative(albeit minority) government is pursuing such a scheme. Why people vote them in is beyond me :confused:

they will definitely try to pass something, this bill doesnt only affect canada.

PhoenixEvo
06-19-2008, 12:49 PM
Agenda 21...look it up, research it in detail. It's an economic nightmare of epic preportions, and an environmentalist's wet dream all in one and it's already been passed in some countries including China. I remember researching a part of the bill that would include this codex...scary stuff if this all goes through.

tds.Enziet
06-19-2008, 01:23 PM

You and me both, pal.

leafs43
06-19-2008, 01:27 PM

The problem is is that it has already undergone some of the things despite being proposed by a minority party.

Stizzel
06-19-2008, 01:38 PM

This is on its way to the US sooner or later.

Look up the Codex, its not Canada only.

leafs43
06-19-2008, 01:43 PM
This is on its way to the US sooner or later.

Look up the Codex, its not Canada only.

And isn't it a trade commision?

Dubl10
06-20-2008, 07:33 AM
I just have to quote all the fantastic replies!!! :)

What's the point?

FILL THEM OUT!

yep!

yep!

yep

If true, this idea is insane. Talk about throwing the baby out with the bath water.

Hey, I have an idea. If the government is really concerned about the health of its citizens, why not do some comprehensive studies on supplements to determine which ones are the most "dangerous", and to whom. Publish the results to the public and medical field and let common sense prevail.

yep

That is understandable. If that is all it is, then that is fine imho. Making it wear vitamins can only be obtained by prescription however if so is absurd. Vitamins are food based. Sure, multivitamins are made in labs, but they are of natural sources. Sure regulation is needed to ensure what is on the lable is in the box...but turning control over to the pharmaceutical industry is not necessary.

yep.

reps to all.

and people (mostly democrats for sure, but republicans as well (neo-cons) want to continue to SOCIALIZE our health care. THANK GOD, hillary didn't make it through, although, mccain and obama, are no fuking better!

this is bull****! because let me tell you, this just may be canada, but i can clearly see this happening in america as well, as CORPORATE America continues to move forward, no change, all while we continue to have less and less freedom. "land of the free" - my ass!!!

I'm telling you all right now. The OIL Companies and the DRUG companies,( pharmeceutical companies) are in BED with our Gov't. In bed with both democrats and republicans. They, lobbyists, hold MOST OF the seats in Washington! Gov't keeps getting bigger, rich keep getting richer, corporate control, while MOST americans, the working class, continue to become unhealthier, poorer, increase loss of rights, etc... even more reason why MARIJUANA WILL NEVER BECOME LEGAL. We have lost control. and most people are sooooo blind, it's not even funny!

WAKE UP!!

Thy_Kingdom
06-20-2008, 08:16 AM
Sorry, but i dont want a doctor telling me what i should be entitled to decide for myself.
I can determine what multivitamin is right for me, on my own.
If you want a doctor to decide your supplements, then go see a doctor and talk to him about it, its shouldn't be mandatory.
You forgot your tinfoil hat.

Rune
06-20-2008, 08:22 AM
You forgot your tinfoil hat.

Read the bill. You'll see where he's coming from.

Specifically the text on Authorizations and Licences.

Thy_Kingdom
06-21-2008, 07:36 AM
Read the bill. You'll see where he's coming from.

Specifically the text on Authorizations and Licences.
This is the governments response to it:

1. How will Bill C-51 change the way natural health products are regulated?

Bill C-51 will not affect the way that natural health products are regulated in Canada. The Natural Health Product Regulations, introduced in 2004, will continue to operate the same way under the proposed Bill C-51. Bill C-51 has been drafted to complement and support current policies for natural health products.

The Natural Health Product Regulations already recognize that natural health products are different from drugs, and that the evidence requirements for drugs are not appropriate for natural health products. Bill C-51 does not change this. In fact, Bill C-51 supports different requirements for different types of products. Therefore, the standards that are used to assess the risks and benefits of natural health products will continue to incorporate history of use, traditional uses and cultural practices.

The regulated activities for natural health products have already been identified in the Natural Health Product Regulations, and do not change. These regulated activities are: manufacturing, packaging, labelling, importation and distribution of natural health products for sale. Revisions to the list of controlled activities in Bill C-51 are only for cells, tissues and organs.

For natural health products, compliance and enforcement activities will continue to be guided by the Compliance Policy for Natural Health Products and the Health Products and Food Branch Inspectorate's Policy--0001. This means that any future decision to take action will continue to be based on the same risk-based principles used today: the higher the risk to human health and safety posed by a natural health product, the more immediate the compliance and enforcement action.

2. Why is it necessary to regulate natural health products?

The legislation requires vigilance to ensure that tainted products are found and recalled, that what is on the label is actually in the bottle, and that health claims are supported by evidence. Health Canada often issues warnings about mislabelled products or products that have serious adverse reactions. For example, diethylene glycol was found in fluoridated toothpaste and liver toxicity has been associated with the use of a Black cohosh product that was found to contain a species of the plant different than the one stated on the label. We have also seen cases where a natural health product makes a completely unfounded health claim- the ability to cure cancer or SARS for example. In addition, the increasing import of products and ingredients from foreign countries will require oversight to assure product safety and quality for Canadians.

3. Why aren't natural health products regulated and legislated as foods?

The Natural Health Products Regulations were developed based on the recommendations of the Standing Committee on Health.

During the development of the Regulations, the vast majority of stakeholders indicated that they did not want natural health products regulated as foods.

4. Will Bill C-51 cause the price of natural health products to rise?

No. Under Bill C-51, Canadians will continue to have access to natural health products that are safe, effective and of high quality. The Bill will not limit access to natural health products nor should it increase their costs as it does not call for a change to the way in which these products are regulated.

5. Will jobs be lost or will the supply of natural health products be restricted by Bill C-51?

Under Bill C-51, Canadians will continue to have access to natural health products that are safe, effective and of high quality. The Bill will not limit access to natural health products nor does it call for a change in their regulatory status (from over-the-counter to prescription).

6. Will I still be able to get my natural health product at my local health food store under Bill C-51?

Yes. Canadians will continue to have access to natural health products that are safe, effective and of high quality. The Bill does not apply to retail sale of natural health products and therefore will not alter consumers' ability to access products.

7. Will naturopathic doctors and other health care practitioners have continued access to the products they need to assist their clients?

Yes. Bill C-51 does not target practitioners who compound products for their patients.

8. Is Bill C-51 targeting natural health products practitioners or consumers?

No, the activities of natural health products practitioners falls under provincial jurisdiction. Personal use of products by consumers is also not affected by Bill C-51.

The regulated activities for natural health products are already identified in the Natural Health Products Regulations, and remain unchanged. These activities are: manufacturing, packaging, labelling, importation and distribution of natural health products for sale.

The new definition of "sale" in Bill C-51 will not affect practitioners. The relationship between practitioner and patient for compounding falls under the definition of "practice of medicine" and is under provincial jurisdiction. Bill C-51 respects this arrangement.

9. What harm/safety issues justify the Natural Health Products Regulations?

The Natural Health Products Regulations are the Government of Canada's response to the Standing Committee on Health's 1997 report "Natural Health Products: A New Vision". In its report, the Standing Committee recommended that a unique regulatory framework for natural health products, separate from the Food and Drug Regulations, be created. These recommendations were made following a thorough analysis of consumer use of natural health products as well as the way in which these products were being regulated at the time (as drugs under the Food and Drug Regulations).

While natural health products are generally low risk, Health Canada has addressed a number of health and safety issues relating to natural health products, as was found with adulterated products such as the prescription drugs benzodiazepines in sleep aids and sildenafil in herbal products for erectile dysfunction.

There have been substitution problems as was found with diethylene glycol in fluoridated toothpaste, and incorrect plants being used in a Black Cohosh product (which are for relief of the symptoms of menopause). Also, where good manufacturing practices have not been respected, there have been safety issues around bacterial contamination, and the presence of heavy metals, including arsenic and lead. Infants, children and the elderly are particularly vulnerable to these types of contamination.

10. How will Bill C-51 impact manufacturers/suppliers of, and thereby my access to, professional caliber therapeutic products?

Bill C-51 will not impact the way in which natural health products are regulated in Canada. Manufacturers and importers of natural health products will continue to be subject to the same regulatory requirements they have been subject to since the implementation of the Natural Health Products Regulations in January 2004.

11. The definition of 'therapeutic products' in the Bill is fairly broad. Natural health products are not really mentioned, where do they fall within this broad definition and is there a way to be more distinct within it?

Under Bill C-51 the term "therapeutic products' encompasses a range of products sold for therapeutic purposes, including drugs, medical devices, biologics, and natural health products. This does not change the classification of a natural health product nor impose additional requirements.

Natural health products will continue to be defined under the Natural Health Products Regulations which will not change under Bill C-51.

12. Does Bill C-51 require natural health product manufacturers, importers, packagers and labellers to obtain an establishment license instead of a site license?

No, Bill C-51 does not change the requirements for site licensing of the natural health product industry. The requirements for a natural health product site license remain consistent with the Natural Health Products Regulations. This applies to natural health product manufacturers, importers, labellers and packagers.

The term "establishment license" is an umbrella term that is used in Bill C-51 to support a number of different types of licenses that are required to manufacture products. Bill C-51 will allow different types of "establishment licenses" to be created, including site licenses for natural health products, and site registration for other products. These existing licensing systems will not change.

13. Will a health food store require a special license to sell natural health products?

No. The Natural Health Products Regulations do not impose product licence requirements on retailers. The controlled activities covered by the Regulations include: manufacturing, packaging, labelling and importation of natural health products for commercial sale and distribution in Canada

14. Does section 15.1(4) of this Bill give the power to designate therapeutic products as drugs? Could natural health products be swept into the class of 'drugs' and require prescription given this power?

Under the current Food and Drugs Act, products are either classified as drugs, cosmetics foods, or medical devices. Natural health products are presently classified as a subset of drugs, but have their own unique regulatory framework (the Natural Health Products Regulations) separate from the regulatory regime for drugs (the Food and Drug Regulations)

Under Bill C-51, the term "therapeutic products' encompasses a range of products, including pharmaceutical drugs, medical devices, biologics, cells, tissues and organs, and natural health products. This does not change the classification of a natural health product nor impose additional requirements, such as requiring a prescription.

15. I am afraid that by lumping natural health products into the broad definition of "therapeutic products" used in the Bill, that the line will become blurred between natural therapeutics and drugs. As an ND, I cannot prescribe drugs. Thus, I fear that in future, I may lose my rights to prescribe vital nutrients, herbs and remedies to patients.

Bill C-51 will not impact the way in which natural health products are regulated in Canada. While classified as therapeutic products under the Bill, natural health products will continue to be regulated under their own regulatory system - the Natural Health Products Regulations - which is separate from the regulatory system for drugs.

There is nothing in Bill C-51 that changes the regulatory status of natural health products from over-the-counter, as they are now, to prescription. Under Bill C-51, Canadians will continue to have access to natural health products that are safe, effective and of high quality.
http://www.healthycanadians.ca/pr-rp/billC-51_e.html
Q's 16-40.

jmonty
06-21-2008, 08:07 AM
what? you can't even OD on vitamin C because it is water soluble, i believe, all that can happen is you will turn orangish if you take too much.

daviess
06-23-2008, 11:44 PM
yep make sure you go to your health food stores and get more info on what you can do to help/raise awareness. not .cool that so much of us dont know hey.

what you can do:
sign online petition http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/StopC51
go to rallies (one in toronto next week)
spread the word!
& get more info here http://www.stopc51.com/default.asp

Halfway
06-24-2008, 05:50 AM
If harpers government wants something pushed through, it will happen as long as the Liberals keep that pathetic, spineless, unelectable french turd as their leader.

given the choice between harper criminalizing multi-vits and dion raising desiel taxes 3 X in his retarded crusade to Save The Planet, I'll swallow harpers pill (or in this case won't as it'll probably be illegal)

**** situation.. but so long as they don't follow through on their proposed War On Drugs escalation and criminalize AAS users I can live with them.

Anti_Illuminati
06-24-2008, 09:41 AM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6714151&highlight=supplements
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107526351&highlight=supplements
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107532621&highlight=supplements

What's the point?

Eugenics, "you're supposed to be dead, who the f*ck are you to be complaining about your freedom of choice being taken away, were still allowing you to breathe and your heart to beat." (that's how CFR/Bilderberg regards us all.)

So pharmaceuticals can control the market?

Yes and no. Ask yourself this question--who controls the pharmaceuticals?

So we can't govern our own health without the approval of a doctor?

Correct, the peasantry is supposed to stfu and suffer. This is a global plan being implemented in stages, and instead of worrying about real issues like this, governments (U.S., Canada, UK, Australian, German, et.al) want you to have your mind set on the new "white A l - Q u a d a" (sp intentional) and give up the rest of your rights so the same govt. that wants to make your vitamins require a prescription/be classified as toxins, can keep you safe.

Btw anyone remember that L-Tryptophan ban put in place in the US by the FDA? Guess what-that was an inside job, the ****ing Tryptophan amino acid that killed (what was it, 8 people?) was GENETICALLY MODIFIED, FOR THE PURPOSES OF FACILITATING A PRECEDENT-SETTING BAN ON A SUPPLEMENT. Where criminal NWO companies can kill 100,000 people with Vioxx and still stay in business with no one going to prison.

I can agree with a license,

License = the govt. "granting you the right", which they can take away totally and unequivocally at will at any time. Our Inalienable rights are being demonized and eviscerated, and they've been constantly insinuating that there is no such thing as inalienable rights. Governments tell the people (doesn't have to be direct, it can be implied, or obviously seen through their actions) that THEY GIVE RIGHTS TO THE PEOPLE (Look up a comment by former DHS Sec. Tom Ridge). MSM has done a damned good job brainwashing (flicker rate of your TV puts you in a suggestive state where you will believe what you are told for the most part.)

In short, licensing is 100% f.ucking bull**** which = government control and the govt. being able to tell you that they are the boss and your a slave, period.

but the excessive regulation I am skeptical of if it makes it were it is near impossible to operate your business.

The goal of the NWO, (globalist elite bankers who own the central banks, IMF world bank) is to destroy your capability from being able to survive as part of their depopulation plan. It is a lot cheaper for House of Rothschild, Queen Beatrix (who's Nazi father founded Bilderberg), and the Rockefellers to kill off 80% of the population with disease and starvation vs. having to send jack-booted mentally unstable, trigger happy **** bag, shaved-head, devil tattooed, satanic Blackwater worldwide troops to cap you with a bullet to your head.

this is more of the bu$h pharmaceutical and medical corporations trying to take over the supplement market.

Incorrect, Bush has NOTHING to do with anything, Richard N. Haass ALONE runs this country more than Bush does. When people say Bush is a puppet, it isn't to be taken as a figure of speech, it is literal, and is a fact, period.

they want everyone to be sick so that 1) they are easier to control (sick/unhealthy people have less energy and less creative thinking ability to resist,

Correct

and tend to believe the right wing propaganda),

False, there is NO SUCH THING AS LEFT OR RIGHT, they are both illusionary different sides of a coin of the same puppet team. People need to realize the left-right paradigm is 100% false and wean themselves from it. Republican and Democrat should be words that you BEGIN REMOVING FROM YOUR EVERYDAY USE IN VOCABULARY, AND THOUGHT PROCESSES BECAUSE THEY MEAN NOTHING ANYMORE.

and 2) the medical, hmo and pharmaceutical industries will make more money "treating" all the sick people with their chemicals and surgeries, etc. it's an outrage. vitamin C is just the beginning, as others have said. they started here in the US with the ephedra ban, and have been trying to shut down the supplement market ever since.

Correct, and don't forget the fake, staged L-Tryptophan FDA ban that set a precedent.

What's their reasoning for banning it? Will they ban oranges as well? LOL

Eugenics, there is no other reason, and their goal is to destroy all availability of organic foods, so that you can only eat GMO which will kill your life expectancy, facilitate and cause disease, cancer, death, etc. GMO is NOT SAFE, period-their propaganda says otherwise obviously- type in "The world according to Monsanto" into isohunt.com's search field, dl & watch it.

I think they are also scared that these herbal supplements and healing remedies have actually been working for people. People are starting to go to practitioners rather then doctors.

Incorrect, they always knew that they would work, and they aren't afraid of that as though they had had an epiphany about it (THEY use natural remedies, only eat organic-they have their own farms and non GMO seed vaults, they don't drink fluoride, nor do they take vaccines or flu shots.) What they ARE scared of is the number of people who have WOKEN UP, and who aren't buying their BULL anymore. People don't realize that YOU ARE NEVER SUPPOSED TO GET SICK, EVER, IN YOUR ENTIRE LIFE, PERIOD. YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO NEED A DOCTOR, EVER, PERIOD.

[u]With all this talk about being green and energy efficient and everything, everyone has begun this whole ALL NATURAL attitude.

The above underlined part has absolutely nothing to do with this and should not be confused, going green and so forth in and of itself is another total fraud pushed by Richard N. Haass and the CFR, to usher in hardcore govt. control of your life, including tax the air you breathe.

Of course, but David Rockefeller, Emperor of North America won't allow that.

y_dXObPKrWU

If the government is really concerned about the health of its citizens,

It is not, and in fact, wants most of us to die. The poisons they add to food, water and dump into the atmosphere for example, are done in part to try to ensure that you die before you are able to collect social security, so the govt. gets to keep all the money you paid in SS tax all of your life.

Yep, thats Codex Alimentarius. With every SPP summit meeting Canada and the US will become more similar. Welcome to the New World (Order).

Correct

Fluoride can significantly be removed through Ion-Exchange with activated alumina post-filtering. R/O is unsubstantiated as to having any effect. Aspartame = gtfo, avoid period (ant poison, metabolizes in the body into extremely poisonous Methyl (wood) Alcohol which bypasses the brain blood barrier. Google "Aspartame Donald Rumsfeld". Monsanto needs to be shut down, boycotted, people sent to prison for life, etc.

I could keep quoting others but I will say one final thing.

Who do you think put Harper in power, the voters? Might want to look up the fact that he attended a Bilderberg meeting in the past (as did Tony Blair, Angela Merkel.)

ElHombre
06-24-2008, 10:51 AM

lol i know huh

Enso
06-24-2008, 10:55 AM
License = the govt. "granting you the right", which they can take away totally and unequivocally at will at any time. Our Inalienable rights are being demonized and eviscerated, and they've been constantly insinuating that there is no such thing as inalienable rights. Governments tell the people (doesn't have to be direct, it can be implied, or obviously seen through their actions) that THEY GIVE RIGHTS TO THE PEOPLE (Look up a comment by former DHS Sec. Tom Ridge). MSM has done a damned good job brainwashing (flicker rate of your TV puts you in a suggestive state where you will believe what you are told for the most part.)

In short, licensing is 100% f.ucking bull**** which = government control and the govt. being able to tell you that they are the boss and your a slave, period.

It all depends on how the license is worded. One disadvantage depending on how you look at it would be the cost as well and whether or not the licensing process will be cost inhibitive.

I'm very suspicious of all this though with Codex floating around.

powerman2000
06-24-2008, 11:25 AM

It would only be equal to the tip of an iceberg my friend.

Thy_Kingdom
06-24-2008, 11:33 AM
yep make sure you go to your health food stores and get more info on what you can do to help/raise awareness. not .cool that so much of us dont know hey.

what you can do:
sign online petition http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/StopC51
go to rallies (one in toronto next week)
spread the word!
& get more info here http://www.stopc51.com/default.asp
Did you even read the governments response to the critics of the bill?

illriginalized
06-24-2008, 11:44 AM
I've already spoke about this. CODEX ALIMENTARIUS. Yet these so called Americans have nothing to say about CODEX ALIMENTARIUS. Vitamin C will also be illegal in the U.S. in the coming years. They want us to depend on FDA and pharmaceuticals for the rest of our lives.

Enso
06-24-2008, 11:49 AM
I've already spoke about this. CODEX ALIMENTARIUS. Yet these so called Americans have nothing to say about CODEX ALIMENTARIUS. Vitamin C will also be illegal in the U.S. in the coming years.

They aren't the same, but this seems like a step in that direction.

Stizzel
06-24-2008, 11:52 AM
I've already spoke about this. CODEX ALIMENTARIUS. Yet these so called Americans have nothing to say about CODEX ALIMENTARIUS. Vitamin C will also be illegal in the U.S. in the coming years. They want us to depend on FDA and pharmaceuticals for the rest of our lives.

With a campaign so heavily focused on health care, why hasn't Obama spoken out about this?

MAXMUSCLE86
06-24-2008, 11:55 AM
Thats why I live in the good ol' US of A! All we ever do is complain about mexicans and watch the george bush admn. **** around with other countries.

illriginalized
06-24-2008, 12:03 PM
With a campaign so heavily focused on health care, why hasn't Obama spoken out about this?

I came to the conclusion that who ever is the next president... we're **** out of luck and every president after that is not gonna serve the U.S. but is going to serve a different entity. We're living in present day Babylonia.

Take a look at this: http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/obamaseal.jpg

Can it be any more obvious? Look at his "presidential seal" =\

All countries/governments have all signed into the agreement of CODEX ALIMENTARIUS except for a few around the world. America is one of the countries in which all supplements, vitamins, and minerals will be banned. For the sake of "conservation of health foods". Even certain foods (fruits/vegetables) will be banned. The banning will begin in 2009. (no conspiracy theory)

Dubl10
06-25-2008, 07:39 AM
Fluoride can significantly be removed through Ion-Exchange with activated alumina post-filtering. R/O is unsubstantiated as to having any effect. Aspartame = gtfo, avoid period (ant poison, metabolizes in the body into extremely poisonous Methyl (wood) Alcohol which bypasses the brain blood barrier. Google "Aspartame Donald Rumsfeld". Monsanto needs to be shut down, boycotted, people sent to prison for life, etc.

I could keep quoting others but I will say one final thing.

Who do you think put Harper in power, the voters? Might want to look up the fact that he attended a Bilderberg meeting in the past (as did Tony Blair, Angela Merkel.)

nice post!!! reps.

do you drink filtered water? or shower in filter water? if so, what kind of filter do you use for your shower and drinking water, whats best at removing the fluoride and chlorine, etc.. in our water?

Dubl10
06-25-2008, 07:52 AM
double post, this should be deleted.

illriginalized
06-25-2008, 08:17 AM
no it shouldn't.... it should be replicated over and over. we need awareness of this 1 world government/corporation.

last thing i need is some law tellin me that I can't eat a banana because too much bananas is poison for me.

this is why I believe in hawaiian, irish, and middle eastern sovereignty. because they would be untouchable by this force.

I beg for everyone to post this up on any forums you use as well as facebook, blogs, myspace, emails etc...