PDA

View Full Version : Big Guy In Need of Help

BigBear2011
06-19-2008, 05:48 AM
Hi I'm 19 years old, 6'3, 275 lbs. I use to play football but because of on going knee problems I had to stop playing. Since I am not playing football anymore I don't feel as if I need to be as big anymore. So I am looking for some help on how I should lose some of my weight. And I am also looking to turn my fat into muscle, and since I have a big body frame I wont be able to get that skinny look so I kind of have to pack on muscle. I've been running and eating right but there has been not that much results. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Gerardo DeLeon
06-19-2008, 06:12 AM
Hi I'm 19 years old, 6'3, 275 lbs. I use to play football but because of on going knee problems I had to stop playing. Since I am not playing football anymore I don't feel as if I need to be as big anymore. So I am looking for some help on how I should lose some of my weight. And I am also looking to turn my fat into muscle, and since I have a big body frame I wont be able to get that skinny look so I kind of have to pack on muscle. I've been running and eating right but there has been not that much results. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Im sure as anyone will say in this forum, you need resistance training thrown in the mix, some good compound movements always helps. And dont leave out your good carbs in your diet, ditch the white breads, pastries, white pastas etc as you probably know already. If you havent been training for a while, muscle memory might take effect for you, so the lose fat/gain muscle plan could be possible.

blastdoors
06-19-2008, 07:55 AM
Also, you can't 'turn fat into muscle'. You can burn fat, and gain muscle (usually not at the same time unless you're very very careful with your macros and training).

BigBear2011
06-19-2008, 09:30 AM
well i did cut out alot of the stuff you were talking about, like instead of white bread i eat wheat. and as far as the training i was running 5 days a week for about 3 months until i had finals up at school. i just started back up again but when i was running before that is when i didnt really see a change. And do is there any other exercises that you would recomend besides sit-ups and crunches for my abdomen. I do them but i was wondering if there is anything else i should do to get rid of my gut

newedgepnoy
06-19-2008, 10:01 AM
You need to lose weight to get rid of your gut. All them situps won't help if your BF% is high. Like everyone else said, you need to lift. Look for a good workout plan and stick to it. If you're not losing weight, you're either eating too much or not working out enough. Wheat bread is nice and all but if you eat the whole loaf, it doesn't really help (not saying that you do). Post up your diet and routine so we can better assist you.

BigBear2011
06-19-2008, 10:14 AM
when i was up at school i would usually not grab anything for breakfast but for lunch i would grab 2-4 hard bolied eggs and just eat the whites, a salad with some itailian dressing and maybe a turkey sandwhich. and for dinner 2-4 egg whites either grilled chicken or one of the "mystery meats" my school put out along with some rice. but the thing is i did loose some weight but it kind of platued. do u think it was because of my body got use to the routine? and now that i'm home from school i have more freedom on what i have to eat wat would u recomend i should eat?