PDA

View Full Version : Ump gets beaned on purpose

hugeness
06-19-2008, 05:04 AM
-tsFSALrA1o

Al_Pal
06-19-2008, 06:43 AM
people making a big deal about this **** are stupid. I was a pitcher and a catcher, this kind of **** happens a lot, these two were just really ****ing bad at selling it.

niospecv
06-19-2008, 06:46 AM
people making a big deal about this **** are stupid. I was a pitcher and a catcher, this kind of **** happens a lot, these two were just really ****ing bad at selling it.

The pitcher not so much but the catcher was horrible.

Al_Pal
06-19-2008, 06:48 AM
The pitcher not so much but the catcher was horrible.

yeah i guess you cant really blame the pitcher for that one.

i know the catcher lost his place as a walk on at some college because of this though. thats bull****.

WishmasterATM
06-19-2008, 08:45 AM

i know the catcher lost his place as a walk on at some college because of this though. thats bull****.

really man?..damn,..that's bull****..

JamesGatz83
06-19-2008, 09:13 AM

How the hell are you going to defend this? If we'd pulled some **** like this on my college team, our coach would've thrown us off the team without thinking twice. That's the definition of bush league. If you have a problem with a call, you argue it. You don't throw at the umpire.

If I was the coach at Gordon, I wouldn't have taken this kid either. There's no room for this kind of pouty, childish bull**** in baseball.

Then some payback came for Hill, who was planning to walk on at Gordon College in Barnesville, Ga., next season. He got the word from Gordon coach Travis McClanahan, who said, Forget it, we don't want you. "I've seen catchers get crossed up before," says McClanahan. "But he appeared to be blocking a curveball in the dirt. I was shocked. I've never seen that happen. I've never heard of a player even suggesting doing that."

Al_Pal
06-19-2008, 09:38 AM
How the hell are you going to defend this? If we'd pulled some **** like this on my college team, our coach would've thrown us off the team without thinking twice. That's the definition of bush league. If you have a problem with a call, you argue it. You don't throw at the umpire.

If I was the coach at Gordon, I wouldn't have taken this kid either. There's no room for this kind of pouty, childish bull**** in baseball.

if you have really played, than you know there are def umps out there that deserve this ****. now i dont know the situation if he did or didnt. but i think any kid deserves a 2nd chance.

JamesGatz83
06-19-2008, 09:46 AM
if you have really played, than you know there are def umps out there that deserve this ****. now i dont know the situation if he did or didnt. but i think any kid deserves a 2nd chance.

Bull****. A guy makes a bad call, you move on with the game. You don't make excuses and take a cheap shot at him. Even if an umpire's acting like a dick, it doesn't warrant a physical attack on him.

And the kid needs to learn some class and accountability. Losing an opportunity to walk on at Gordon isn't going to ruin his life, but it might teach him something.

hugeness
06-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Bull****. A guy makes a bad call, you move on with the game. You don't make excuses and take a cheap shot at him. Even if an umpire's acting like a dick, it doesn't warrant a physical attack on him.

And the kid needs to learn some class and accountability. Losing an opportunity to walk on at Gordon isn't going to ruin his life, but it might teach him something.I agree with you. Throwing at someones HEAD is a ****ed up thing to do. You don't throw at anyone's head in any curcumstance.