PDA

View Full Version : CONFUSED as hell....HELP

TTUbaseballer51
06-16-2008, 02:14 PM
i am a D-1 athlete at texas tech university, i am at about 236 pounds right now and im not gonna lie its a significant amount of fat. my lifts are still really solid with a 325 bench, 640 deadlift and a 560 squat now, but i really need to get down to about 200 lbs. i have been doing my bullpen sessions and throwing and havent lost any velocity on my pitches and i can deffinately still hit in bp, but i need help retaining my muscle and drop this fat or i will be in deep s**t. i have gotten some help over the past couple days or so and i am confused about the info im getting from different people. some are telling me cardio 3 times a week when i wake up, some are telling me to cardio after i lift idk.

ive dropped many calories but now im afraid im going to overtrain and screw myself up beyond repair.

this is my schedule on a particular day

wake up

treadmill 30 mins. full incline, 3.5 brisk walk

take my fish oil, multi vitamin, protein shake

go home eat- eggwhites, yogurt, whole grain toast, milk or water

go to work

lunch ill eat chicken and salad and alot of water

get home from work eat and immediately hit the gym

usually eat chicken, broccoli, water, whole grain pasta or brown rice

then ill go to the gym

ex.

chest and tri day

3x8 bench
3x8 incline
3x12 rope pull downs
3x8 dumbbell bench
3x8 dumbbell flys
3x8 skull crushers
3x12 tricep kick backs

then ill go home and drink a shake and im done for the day

should i be scared of overtraining?
should i count calories because i am more focused on losing fat than gaining muscle at this point.

any help adjustments advice would be great for me and greatly appriciated

thanx for the time

wreck em tech

jennifer323
06-16-2008, 02:28 PM
Everything seems to be perfect in your eating habits. I'm actually jealous for them. Although one thing I know people mistake is that they drink in more protein and sugar that their body needs after the evening work out. I'd swap the shake to a high protein less carb one.

kamjah
06-16-2008, 02:32 PM
looks pretty decent. you don't have very many sources of healthy fats though. how about some almonds/nattypb?

TTUbaseballer51
06-16-2008, 02:39 PM
Everything seems to be perfect in your eating habits. I'm actually jealous for them. Although one thing I know people mistake is that they drink in more protein and sugar that their body needs after the evening work out. I'd swap the shake to a high protein less carb one.
yeah its a high protein shake, but what do you suggest? i mean our trainers sent out training regimens and stuff, but most of my teammates are trying to bulk up, im trying to lose 30 so it doesnt apply to me really. yeah almonds and pb i can deff. do, but i lift pretty hard so im kinda scared i should eat more than that because i dont want to overtrain, because if i do, my career is over