PDA

View Full Version : I am going to be one TINY dude when I finish my cut!

utvolman99
06-15-2008, 07:13 PM
The more weight I lose the more I realize just how little muscle I actually have. I have never considered myself a weak man. When I was playing rugby, I could always hold my own and then some. However, now that the weight is coming off and I am losing my fatceps, I realize I'm going to be a string bean! Here is a picture I took today of my flexing. I put it on my profile more for motivation to change than anything else. I can't wait to drop around 20 more pounds and start trying to bulk!

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/utvolman99/Fitness/DSCN0547.jpg

tomjones42
06-15-2008, 07:17 PM
I'm in the same situation. Good luck to ya!

b.spencer
06-15-2008, 07:23 PM
I know what you mean. I had like ZERO chest muscle by the time I finished my initial cut. I've gained a lot back now, but it still lags behind the rest of me. People say how muscular I am, but I still see either the fat guy or the too- skinny guy at the end of the cut. Keeps me working hard in the gym, though.

Maverick777
06-15-2008, 07:25 PM
you looks like you have a bit more to go too

RIP Chuck
06-15-2008, 07:27 PM
the more I cut, the bigger I look to be honest

maybe it's because I cut at a slower rate so I have been able to gain a bit of mass while cutting? :confused:

I went from 19-20% BF to 12-13% BF without losing an inch on my arms, chest or shoulders, and I actually look way bigger now than before.

mridgley
06-15-2008, 07:28 PM
I know what you mean. I had like ZERO chest muscle by the time I finished my initial cut. I've gained a lot back now, but it still lags behind the rest of me. People say how muscular I am, but I still see either the fat guy or the too- skinny guy at the end of the cut. Keeps me working hard in the gym, though.

X2 - Same boat here. I allways thought that my chest was one of my bigger more dominate muscles - when cutting, the belly goes along with the chest fat.

Maverick777
06-15-2008, 07:31 PM
the more I cut, the bigger I look to be honest

maybe it's because I cut at a slower rate so I have been able to gain a bit of mass while cutting? :confused:

I went from 19-20% BF to 12-13% BF without losing an inch on my arms, chest or shoulders, and I actually look way bigger now than before.

I've done the same, its called lean bulking, You build muscle while you burn fat. It is harder to do and takes longer to see gains, but generally it takes less time than a bulk and cut.

I love ti because I've been able to drop 4 lbs in the past 2 wks while increasing muscle mass and strength at the same time. Went from dumbbell benching 50's to 70's doing 5x5's in those two weeks

I will say that rest time is key tho

utvolman99
06-15-2008, 07:41 PM
you looks like you have a bit more to go too

Yup, thats why I said "I can't wait to drop around 20 more pounds and start trying to bulk!" in my orginal post. I guess that wasn't clear enough but thanks for pointing out I still have a ways to go. :)

Phreek
06-15-2008, 09:23 PM
Yup, thats why I said "I can't wait to drop around 20 more pounds and start trying to bulk!" in my orginal post. I guess that wasn't clear enough but thanks for pointing out I still have a ways to go. :)

Don't rush to get to the finish line...I made that mistake yrs ago and burned myself out big time...take your time and you WILL see better results. I stopped doing cardio and watched my diet (2100cals/day) and slowly leaned out while adding lean mass and I looked alot better...check the pic from a few yrs ago, it's about 3 months difference.

utvolman99
06-16-2008, 03:52 AM
Don't rush to get to the finish line...I made that mistake yrs ago and burned myself out big time...take your time and you WILL see better results. I stopped doing cardio and watched my diet (2100cals/day) and slowly leaned out while adding lean mass and I looked alot better...check the pic from a few yrs ago, it's about 3 months difference.

Holy Cow! Thats a HUGE difference for three months! You even shrunk your big round yellow head! :) Really though, there is a huge difference. I hope I'm not going to burn myself out. I really don't feel that I am pushing things a lot. I am only aiming to lose around 1.5lbs per week.

Da_MiLkY_bar_Kid
06-16-2008, 04:07 AM
it sucks doesn't it? cutting up being a small tiny guy

i am in the same boat another 15 kilos for me to go :) aka im hoping another 9-10 weeks

but hey just picture the new leaned out you and the self respect you'l get for reaching the goal.

goodluck bruv

Bioteknik
06-16-2008, 04:18 AM
Same here, I hit my target weight, but wasn't quite as cut as I want to end up at overall, but I told myself I didn't want to get any lighter. I'm eating pretty big (for me at least) to try and gain some quality weight. Now that I have gotten better at training, I'm gaining weight without much visible fat gain, and getting pretty good performance gains.

ultragymrat
06-16-2008, 06:04 AM
...maybe it's because I cut at a slower rate so I have been able to gain a bit of mass while cutting?

I think that this is VERY true, the faster you drop the more muscle you will take off as well, so take your time and be patient.
I dropped almost 50 lbs in 3 months and I know I took some muscle with the fat becasue of how extreme I went on my diet. I was working out like a psycho too so I think I shredded the fibers and they had nothing to build back with.

Take your time.

shanedidwhat
06-16-2008, 07:30 AM
Talk about being small.. I'm at 64Kg now... but I've always been small. Be intresting to see my gains for my first bulk starting next month.

ski23man
06-16-2008, 09:40 AM
A lot of ppl at the gym are thinking that I'm gettn bigger but myself image in the mirror tells me I'm gettn smaller!

When I tell them that I've dropped about 20lbs, they are like WTF, where in the hell did you drop 20lbs at! My frame tends to carry fat in the right places with the belly being the exception, so I prolly give the illusion of more muscle... (especially in the chest and shoulders)

Lemonzest
06-16-2008, 10:05 AM
I started at 220lbs and aim to cut down to 165 and i'm feeling small at 183lbs :( i'm gunna be tiny at 5ft 8inch 165lbs, but i plan to bulk to 175 when the cuts over.

i_love_lifts
06-16-2008, 10:15 AM
Man i was on the same boat!!
I look so TINY wen i cuttt. I jst stopped cutting like 2 days back. I did lose alot of fat, but i still got some on my lower stomach / love handles!
I realy coudlnt take it, everyone told me i look so skinny, and how i used to be so much bigger, etc.
Now im clean bulking, with low carbs, high protien, high - moderate fat:) + HIIT 2 / 3 times a week
Hopefuly il gain LEAN muscle, and the next time i cut, i'll be a beast.
I been told u can gain lean muscle, and ur BF will go down slowly but surely.

Phreek
06-16-2008, 11:05 AM
You even shrunk your big round yellow head! :)

OMG I was hoping nobody would notice, I'm so self concsious!!

No really 1.5lbs a week is a good start...some weeks it'll be 2+ others 1, others none....just take it ALL with a grain of salt and don't over analyze anything and you'll do fine.

v1l2u5
06-16-2008, 11:18 AM
GJ on the loss of fat..

Im doing the same thing. I dropped 40-45lbs in like 3 months (80lbs total) but realized I didn't have any strength or size, so I up my cals from like 1800 to 2400-2800 (pro=250-285, clean carbs=300-400 and less the 50 for fat). I still cardio, but only 20mins, 3 days a week. Work on the core, deadlifts, squats, rows, chins/pull up's and bench.. Just let the last 20 melt away while building muscle.

I'm seeing very good results as far as muscle tone goes and I'm not worried about the scale, just the results in the mirror.. Also take that once a month pic and compare them to your older ones, it keeps you motivated.

Hope this info helps you! ;)

thebm
06-16-2008, 11:50 AM
are you lifting too, or just doing lots of cardio with a good diet? start lifting if you aren't already, that way you'll maintain your muscles or even make small gains, which will help even more with the fat loss

edit - whoa I just hit post once, waited for about 10 minutes while the site said loading and did nothing, then hit post one more time and it posted my message like 4 times. now give me some time to delete all the extra ones, it'll take an hour since this site takes so long to load everything