PDA

View Full Version : The NBA has great refs

sdafdorkafsds
06-09-2008, 02:01 PM
I'm tired of this........

'my time lost cause of the refs........ cry cry cry'
or 'refs/stern are going to call it this way so the series lasts longer'
or 'they miss everything'

Even if the refs called the gamer perfect you'd all still piss your pants because you'd get mad about calls you thought were fouls or travels that aren't. Most basketball fans would mis-call a lot plays that aren't traveled, don't get called, and look like travels. And most basketball fans probably don't know which fouls are supposed to be called and which fouls aren't. The average person on this forum would call a worse game with instant replay than the refs would call without.

Ya, they miss a call once and a while. But they watch hours of game and they call it as best they can. These aren't random people off the street. They aren't calling games how they feel like. If they miss a call they are going to hear about it.

Why not talk about the games instead of crying about the refs and trying to figure out what david stern wants the series to go to.

-bt11
06-09-2008, 02:05 PM

Even if the refs called the gamer perfect you'd all still piss your pants because you'd get mad about calls you thought were fouls or travels that aren't. Most basketball fans would mis-call a lot plays that aren't traveled, don't get called, and look like travels. And most basketball fans probably don't know which fouls are supposed to be called and which fouls aren't. The average person on this forum would call a worse game with instant replay than the refs would call without.

Ya, they miss a call once and a while. But they watch hours of game and they call it as best they can. These aren't random people off the street. They aren't calling games how they feel like. If they miss a call they are going to hear about it.

Why not talk about the games instead of crying about the refs and trying to figure out what david stern wants the series to go to.

oh ya?

sdafdorkafsds
06-09-2008, 02:05 PM
oh ya?

ya they aren't hobos off the street. This is the NBA.

ba199
06-09-2008, 03:56 PM

I don't know if you're just trolling like chemz or the guy with the chicken dance avatar, there's a reason why NBA officials are considered the worst in sports -

4D9Z1wAwQtM
-6DxHsEOJGs
lhbM6uuCt74

College officials are better. They call the games by whats in the rule book and not by what the commissioner tells them to. Charge/Block calls are always going to be on judgment so they at least get a break there. Traveling's been bad for awhile now though, ever since Patrick Ewing perfected the 5 step drop on the block.

sdafdorkafsds
06-09-2008, 03:59 PM
College officials are better. They call the games by whats in the rule book and not by what the commissioner tells them to.
ya i realize there are some bad calls in the NBA. And what do you mean calling what the commissioner tells them to?

the 2nd video ref said he didnt havfe possesion yet and was still bobbling the ball, i dont agree with it.. 1st video didn't see wtf was going on there. and 3rd video yes a missed call. Pro-hop = no pivot feet, then took 2 steps.If u look at it real quickly it couldve looked like a jump stop / step through.

NBA is not an easy game to call. When they catch the ball and stop their dribble is often hard to see.

and calling me a troll doesn't prove your point. I tried it on my highschool debate team....... didn't go over well. (not rly)

and saying college refs are better is like saying minor league umpires are better.

NBA refs are only looked at as the worst on internet forums were people like to find other reasons than their team played like crap to their team losing a game.

and traveling a lot of people are going to call a pro-hop a travel and on lazy fast breaks people pick up the ball a half a second early. I mean 9/10 times when your sitting with some1 who is like 'omg nba doesn't call travels' they do not know what a travel is and the play they thought was a travel wasnt

ba199
06-09-2008, 04:20 PM
ya i realize there are some bad calls in the NBA. And what do you mean calling what the commissioner tells them to?

the 2nd video it looked like he lost the ball and did not stop his dribble and the ref called he didn't have possession yet and bobbled the ball.. 1st video didn't see wtf was going on there. and 3rd video yes a missed call.

NBA is not an easy game to call. When they catch the ball and stop their dribble is often hard to see.

and calling me a troll doesn't prove your point. I tried it on my highschool debate team....... didn't go over well. (not rly)

I mean Stern telling them to kind of turn a blind eye to traveling calls. It's in the rule book they just never enforce it. The refs are too influenced by home crowds and star power too. It happens in almost every sport but it's a professional league, they should take that out as much as they can. Baseball and football refs/umps don't have as much of a problem.

The 1st video the guy took 7-8 steps without getting called. #2 was two travels in one play, He started out with 3 steps while in control. Then when you lose a ball in basketball you can catch it again but you have to jump stop, you can't take 3 more steps again.

I asked if you were a troll because I wasn't sure if you were serious. I'm fine with anything I say not going over well with your high school debate team, you should maybe hide that you were ever in debate club though because it raises red flags that you probably have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to sports.