BC23
06-09-2008, 08:50 AM
http://www.smartspot.com/files/products/diet_lipton_greentea.jpg

http://www.smartspot.com/files/products/lb_lipton_diet_green.gif

Taste great too.

Anyone else like it?

drewc830
06-09-2008, 08:59 AM
Too much sodium. I fancy the Arizona Green tea, the equiv of that has only about 35mg of sodium and I fancy the taste over it. Plus its cheap and you can buy it by the gallon.

yzrider400f
06-09-2008, 09:02 AM
Too much sodium. I fancy the Arizona Green tea, the equiv of that has only about 35mg of sodium and I fancy the taste over it. Plus its cheap and you can buy it by the gallon.

too much sodium? do you have high bp?
this sodium crap is getting ridiculous.

drewc830
06-09-2008, 09:05 AM
I drink a ****load of green tea, it adds up.

Marauder63
06-09-2008, 09:27 AM
Well the Arizona Green tea cans at the store i work at go for $.99

and are fuggin huge

if your worried about the sodium look at the sugar :P

but seriously

Drink Real Green tea

that sodium is laughable unless you drink countless bottles

drewc830
06-09-2008, 09:48 AM
Yeah but you can buy the gallon diet green tea for like 2.50 where I live and **** is bomb plus low sodium and 0g of sugar.

edit: also i use it as a water replacement

Marauder63
06-09-2008, 09:51 AM
Yeah but you can buy the gallon diet green tea for like 2.50 where I live and **** is bomb plus low sodium and 0g of sugar.

Even then just dont worry about 70 mg of sodium vs 35...

mcdbb
06-09-2008, 09:59 AM

One bottle of this stuff doesn't pack too much - 175 mg. It really does come down to how much you are drinking.

And what exactly do you mean by "sodium crap?" Sodium is a serious nutritional issue in a country where the average intake of salt is well over four grams a day.

yzrider400f
06-09-2008, 10:07 AM
One bottle of this stuff doesn't pack too much - 175 mg. It really does come down to how much you are drinking.

And what exactly do you mean by "sodium crap?" Sodium is a serious nutritional issue in a country where the average intake of salt is well over four grams a day.

and is a problem with fat overweight physically in-active americans, not very physically active "bodybuilders"

mcdbb
06-09-2008, 10:18 AM
and is a problem with fat overweight physically in-active americans, not very physically active "bodybuilders"

First of all, stick to the topic. We are discussing sodium here, not obesity. Two completely different public health issues, although there is some overlap.

And simply because you are active doesn't mean you can consume as much sodium as you want, willy-nilly. Granted, active people are less likely to become hypertensive, but sodium is still something to keep in mind. It's just another thing out of dozens of others.

SouthsideIrish44
06-09-2008, 10:26 AM

Where's this?! Now that it's summer I'm gettin' sick of brewing hot green tea.

shookers
06-09-2008, 10:46 AM
Sodium is quite possibly the least important ingrediant on a nutritional label and for the most part shouldn't even be paid attention to (unless you are in contest prep).

To blame hypertension on sodium is like blaming swimming deaths on sharks. Sure, it can contribute - but its such a small insignificant factor that its not worht worrying about.

vitaminjunkie
06-09-2008, 11:28 AM
I brew up a gallon of fresh green tea every other day. I use 6-8 tea bags, 5-6 packets of stevia, one lemon, and chill. There's nothing better than fresh brewed tea in the summertime. Black tea tastes better but green and white tea are the kind I use......better for ya.

soundcheck129
06-09-2008, 12:34 PM

Agreed.

ceilos456
06-09-2008, 01:25 PM
Agreed.
wow just wow, sodium is 3%

kris4153
06-26-2008, 10:02 AM
Never tried that kind. I personally love arizona diet green tea. I finish a gallon in two days.

Marius_Ursus
06-26-2008, 11:28 AM
Well the Arizona Green tea cans at the store i work at go for $.99

and are fuggin huge

if your worried about the sodium look at the sugar :P

but seriously

Drink Real Green tea

that sodium is laughable unless you drink countless bottles

That's what I thought. It's way cheaper to buy a box of green tea bags, boil it (or make sun tea) yourself, and chill it in the fridge. You also have complete control over what else goes into it.

LBJFTW
06-03-2010, 02:38 PM

Did a search and found this old thread.

Does Diet Arizona Green Tea have anything bad for you in it? If your drinking 1 gallon a day of water, 8 oz a day of this won't hurt you on a cut will it?

Premium Brewed Green Tea using filtered water. Natural flavors, Vitamin C, citric acid and honey, Splenda (which I much prefer to aspartame) and Ginseng extract. No calories, no carbs, one gram of sugar, but 20mg of sodium per 8 oz serving and 7.5mg of caffeine.

Could this be the second best off the shelf drink next to bottled water?