PDA

View Full Version : NBA Refs For Finals MVP

VernonWellsFargo
06-09-2008, 07:06 AM
you heard it here first

HollywoodBody
06-09-2008, 07:07 AM
waaaaaaaaaaaaah

Not the refs fault that the Celtics play 100x tougher than the lakers. Even during the huge 4th quarter comeback, the Lakers just pranced around like little girls and shot 3 pointers. Blame it on your coach/players, not the refs. So far they haven't been able to match the intensity and physical play of the Celts.

VernonWellsFargo
06-09-2008, 07:12 AM
waaaaaaaaaaaaah

Not the refs fault that the Celtics play 100x tougher than the lakers. Even during the huge 4th quarter comeback, the Lakers just pranced around like little girls and shot 3 pointers. Blame it on your coach/players, not the refs. So far they haven't been able to match the intensity and physical play of the Celts.

"Lakers ~ Celtics
[FG] 41-83 (49.4%) ~ 36-68 (52.9%)
[3pts] 10-21 (47.6%) ~ 9-14 (64.3%)
[FT] 10-10 (100%) ~ 27-38 (71.1%)
[OREBS] 11 ~ 10
[REBS] 36 ~ 37
[ASTS] 20 ~ 31
[TOs] 13 ~ 15
[STLS] 8 ~ 7
[BLKS] 1 ~ 3
[PFs] 28 ~ 21

WAT

HollywoodBody
06-09-2008, 07:17 AM
"Lakers ~ Celtics
[FG] 41-83 (49.4%) ~ 36-68 (52.9%)
[3pts] 10-21 (47.6%) ~ 9-14 (64.3%)
[FT] 10-10 (100%) ~ 27-38 (71.1%)
[OREBS] 11 ~ 10
[REBS] 36 ~ 37
[ASTS] 20 ~ 31
[TOs] 13 ~ 15
[STLS] 8 ~ 7
[BLKS] 1 ~ 3
[PFs] 28 ~ 21

WAT

Don't see what your point is. I know there was a huge freethrow difference- I watched the game. Boston established itself physically very early on. When your defense plays consistent tough defense the entire game, the refs are less likely to call little touch fouls on you.

The same thing happened to Detroit when they played Boston. Detroit played very tough D the whole game, and refs got used to it and didn't call the fouls. It sucked to watch as a Celts fan, but that's how it goes. They were consistent and established their style of play.

VernonWellsFargo
06-09-2008, 07:28 AM
Don't see what your point is. I know there was a huge freethrow difference- I watched the game. Boston established itself physically very early on. When your defense plays consistent tough defense the entire game, the refs are less likely to call little touch fouls on you.

The same thing happened to Detroit when they played Boston. Detroit played very tough D the whole game, and refs got used to it and didn't call the fouls. It sucked to watch as a Celts fan, but that's how it goes. They were consistent and established their style of play.

come on your better than that(no mark jackson), lakers been playing physical and get called for touching them. did u see any of the bull**** calls on kobe??? you must be joking if you dont think that was a a horribly officiated game. last thing leon powe shot more free throws than the entire lakers team in 14 minutes

HollywoodBody
06-09-2008, 07:42 AM
come on your better than that(no mark jackson), lakers been playing physical and get called for touching them. did u see any of the bull**** calls on kobe??? you must be joking if you dont think that was a a horribly officiated game. last thing leon powe shot more free throws than the entire lakers team in 14 minutes

The kobe fouls were kinda bad, especially for a league MVP. I'd be mad if I were a laker fan. So I'll give you that.

But the overall game seemed like it was a lot more physical from the Celtics side You gotta drive to the lane to get free throws. Free throws aren't a gift from the refs. People act like their team is entitled to free throws.

But I'll agree Kobe sure didn't get the benefit of the doubt with any calls last night.

fivas15
06-09-2008, 07:43 AM
Quit bitchin' about the refs, you guys have been favored throughout the entire playoffs.

Remember?
http://i305.photobucket.com/albums/nn227/fivas6969/asdf.jpg

VernonWellsFargo
06-09-2008, 07:54 AM
Quit bitchin' about the refs, you guys have been favored throughout the entire playoffs.

Remember?

ok man, the jazz suck in general, when have they won anything important?

Bo DeLone
06-09-2008, 07:55 AM
The NBA refs always favor the home finals teams.

Don't worry Lakers fans. The next 3 games we have the ref edge. The Celtics have no shot of winning Game 3 in Los Angles.

fivas15
06-09-2008, 07:57 AM
ok man, the jazz suck in general, when have they won anything important?

When do Lakers fan realize the Lakers played a bad game and still would've lost instead of looking like lil cock suckers?

JIGSAW
06-09-2008, 07:59 AM
you heard it here first

refs aside....L.A. got raped for 3 quarters, they deserved to lose.

you heard it here first.

VernonWellsFargo
06-09-2008, 07:59 AM
When do Lakers fan realize the Lakers played a bad game and still would've lost instead of looking like lil cock suckers?

a bad game? did you not see the stats, everything was nearly identical except for the horrible free throw ratio

fivas15
06-09-2008, 08:01 AM
a bad game? did you not see the stats, everything was nearly identical except for the horrible free throw ratio

Like the guy above me said, the Lakers were raped for 3 1/2 quarters.

Stats are deceaving. Lakers are done in 5. Boston, FTW

Ct113
06-09-2008, 08:02 AM
http://www.nqcc.org/nqccweb/htdocs/Training%20pg%20crying1.jpg

VernonWellsFargo
06-09-2008, 08:06 AM
refs aside....L.A. got raped for 3 quarters, they deserved to lose.

you heard it here first.

Like the guy above me said, the Lakers were raped for 3 1/2 quarters.

Stats are deceaving. Lakers are done in 5. Boston, FTW

http://www.nqcc.org/nqccweb/htdocs/Training%20pg%20crying1.jpg

u dont send leon powe to the free throw line more times in 14 minutes than the entire lakers team for the whole game

Negatron617
06-09-2008, 08:09 AM
remixer.....you do seem like youre crying a bit
your team was settling for outside shots and you wonder why they didnt get to the line so much
and they are playing in boston....the home team always gets the close calls in the playoffs
i expect to see the lakers getting all the close calls in la
i really dont see what the problem is.....celtics have home court advantage.....thats why its an advantage
im sure i will hate the refs when we play in LA cuz the lakers will get the breaks

VernonWellsFargo
06-09-2008, 08:15 AM
remixer.....you do seem like youre crying a bit
your team was settling for outside shots and you wonder why they didnt get to the line so much
and they are playing in boston....the home team always gets the close calls in the playoffs
i expect to see the lakers getting all the close calls in la
i really dont see what the problem is.....celtics have home court advantage.....thats why its an advantage
im sure i will hate the refs when we play in LA cuz the lakers will get the breaks

im jus mad about the tick fouls, all those fouls on kobe against ray allen, its sad cuz they ref gonna make all the calls for the lakers at home, i think they just gonna bs the calls so ti goes 7 games, then maybe call it fair in game 7.

Pssst
06-09-2008, 08:21 AM
im jus mad about the tick fouls, all those fouls on kobe against ray allen, its sad cuz they ref gonna make all the calls for the lakers at home, i think they just gonna bs the calls so ti goes 7 games, then maybe call it fair in game 7.
Going for lakers, but Kobe did foul Ray Allen. I dunno what he did to get that technical though, can anyone inform me?

I think the officiating was terrible, but I think the lakers need to start driving in some more. There was one play that was counted as a foul for the celtics, but it really wasn't. And KG fouled Pau Gasol when he did that left hand layup, but no call.

Negatron617
06-09-2008, 08:23 AM
then maybe call it fair in game 7.

lol....not happening.....ideally the refs would call every game a fair game....but i think its just realistically impossible....nba refs suck....they take too many things into consideration.....they dont just call em like they see em
i promise you the celtics fans will be the ones complaining in LA about the refs

BACKINTIME
06-09-2008, 08:26 AM
u dont send leon powe to the free throw line more times in 14 minutes than the entire lakers team for the whole game

For all Kobe and Phil Jackson's whining, the Lakers were only called for seven more fouls than the Celtics. The Celtics shot more free throws because they take the ball to the hoop more, while the Lakers have been settling for jumpers.

I don't see Lakers fans complaining about Radmanovic's nonchalant stroll through the lane on that breakaway dunk, or the no call on Brent Barry at the end of the Western Conference Finals.

kooldude
06-09-2008, 08:26 AM

irony much?

sdafdorkafsds
06-09-2008, 09:17 AM
lakers played like girls and got raped and you blame the refs???

nice. classy lakers fans woohoO!!!!

lakers lost cause they played like crap!

howboutaspoon
06-09-2008, 09:29 AM
Brent Barry says hi.

USAviator
06-09-2008, 11:14 AM
lakers played like girls and got raped and you blame the refs???

nice. classy lakers fans woohoO!!!!

lakers lost cause they played like crap!

I'm not even a Laker fan and that statement is ridiculous...

Omnomtuna
06-09-2008, 11:23 AM

Remember?

Dude flopping will only get you so far

why so ez?
06-09-2008, 11:26 AM
Don't worry about the refs. We will have the refs on our side for the next 3 games.

fivas15
06-09-2008, 11:28 AM
Don't worry about the refs. We will have the refs on our side for the next 3 games.

It wont matter. C's in 4...maybe 5

Dude flopping will only get you so far

Every team in the NBA flops. The Lakers have 3 of the biggest floppers in the league. (Gasol, Vujabitch, Fish)

why so ez?
06-09-2008, 11:29 AM
It wont matter. C's in 4...maybe 5

What do you want to bet that the series will go to game 6?

LAKERSMAN
06-09-2008, 11:51 AM
ok, you can say that the Celtics played more aggresive and got some calls because of it, but that doesnt make it fair to not call fouls when the Lakers made aggressive moves where clear fouls occurred just because they haven't played consistently aggressive throughout the game. They made several aggressive plays/moves and got obviously fouled but they didnt call a foul, FU refs.

raiders23
06-09-2008, 11:53 AM
Going for lakers, but Kobe did foul Ray Allen. I dunno what he did to get that technical though, can anyone inform me?

i know he was bitching about not getting an and one call but he mustve used some profound language

raiders23
06-09-2008, 11:54 AM
ok, you can say that the Celtics played more aggresive and got some calls because of it, but that doesnt make it fair to not call fouls when the Lakers made aggressive moves where clear fouls occurred just because they haven't played consistently aggressive throughout the game. They made several aggressive plays/moves and got obviously fouled but they didnt call a foul, FU refs.

there was only 7 more fouls on the lakers..... stop bitching and deal with the fact LA wasnt aggressive

why so ez?
06-09-2008, 11:54 AM
mCrQwTNt2fI
lololololol.

fivas15
06-09-2008, 11:55 AM
What do you want to bet that the series will go to game 6?

Your sister's virginity.

mCrQwTNt2fI
lololololol.

typical Laker fans

why so ez?
06-09-2008, 11:57 AM
Your sister's virginity.

lol at your lack of confidence. oh well my sister doesn't like prepubescent kids with micropenises. how about no posting in the sports forum for a month? oh wait didn't you already do that and lose and not live up to your bet? what a bitchhhhhhhhhh...

LAKERSMAN
06-09-2008, 11:57 AM
the only real foul on kobe was the one where he ran into paul pierce, even though he was triped by pj brown which made him crash into him. the ticky tack foul on ray allen was not a foul, they both were dishing it back and forth, it was not a foul anyway. i cant remember the other foul on kobe but i remember it was a bull**** ticky tack foul too, which made him leave in the first quarter with foul trouble and again in the 2nd quarter with foul trouble. FU refs! they Lakers came back within 2 points, if you dont think the refs had anything to do with this win by the celtics than you are a blind f@g.....so many calls against the Lakers, very few calls against the Celtics, 2 point differential with 1 minute left in the game......you figure it out.

BACKINTIME
06-09-2008, 12:00 PM
the only real foul on kobe was the one where he ran into paul pierce, even though he was triped by pj brown which made him crash into him. the ticky tack foul on ray allen was not a foul, they both were dishing it back and forth, it was not a foul anyway. i cant remember the other foul on kobe but i remember it was a bull**** ticky tack foul too, which made him leave in the first quarter with foul trouble and again in the 2nd quarter with foul trouble. FU refs! they Lakers came back within 2 points, if you dont think the refs had anything to do with this win by the celtics than you are a blind f@g.....so many calls against the Lakers, very few calls against the Celtics, 2 point differential with 1 minute left in the game......you figure it out.

Sincerely Yours,

Phil Jackson

HollywoodBody
06-09-2008, 12:01 PM
The NBA refs always favor the home finals teams.

Don't worry Lakers fans. The next 3 games we have the ref edge. The Celtics have no shot of winning Game 3 in Los Angles.

I'm sure the Celtics had no chance in games 1 or 2 either. Keep making ****ty predictions, and keep watching the Celts anally invade the Lakers for 2 more games.

johnny87
06-09-2008, 12:05 PM
this wasnt even close to the worst reffed game in the playoffs. u can cry about fouls but the lakers were playin soft and pullin up for jumpshots all game. hard to get to the line that way.

Tony_S
06-09-2008, 12:08 PM
i agree with OP

on the last play where the lakers were down by 2, they bailed pierce out with a foul

that foul could have been called on every possession where kobe went to the basket, they didn't call any of those fouls, yet they bailed pierce out on what was basically a game deciding call.

then on the last play where vujacic shot the 3 and was blocked, he got hit on the arm -- no call. and the calls were one way all game long.

not crying here, i'm rooting for LA, but i'm not a laker fan, just stating the facts. the refs gave that game to boston. hopefully the lakers can win the next 3. if atlanta took the celtics to 7 then i don't know how the lakers can't beat them. i think this series is going 7

johnny87
06-09-2008, 12:13 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=280507013

lol exactly

Bo DeLone
06-09-2008, 12:18 PM
I'm sure the Celtics had no chance in games 1 or 2 either. Keep making ****ty predictions, and keep watching the Celts anally invade the Lakers for 2 more games.

So you like the celtics in game 3? I call your pick a ****ty prediction.

Anyways we will see in game 3 who is right.

Ibanez
06-09-2008, 12:42 PM
First and foremost, everyone knows this is a made for TV series.

I highly doubt the NBA will just end it in 4 or 5, especially since ratings are the highest in 4 years.

If I'm Boston, I'm a little worried this is looking like the 2006 Finals all over again.

sdafdorkafsds
06-09-2008, 12:55 PM
First and foremost, everyone knows this is a made for TV series.

I highly doubt the NBA will just end it in 4 or 5, especially since ratings are the highest in 4 years.

If I'm Boston, I'm a little worried this is looking like the 2006 Finals all over again.

Yes the NBA is scripted..... both teams are in on it and have agreed upon what is going to happen......... and they made lakers play like crap

or the refs have that much influence on a game.......... and they are making the calls stern wants them to

The nba is one big show ....... kinda like pro wrestling........

ya right.

HollywoodBody
06-09-2008, 01:23 PM
So you like the celtics in game 3? I call your pick a ****ty prediction.

Anyways we will see in game 3 who is right.

nah game 3 could easily go to the Lakers for all I know. I'm just saying in the next 5 games, I'm sure the Celts will find a way to win 2 of em. I was just implying that the Celtics would win the series, with 2 more wins. I dunno what games they'll win, but they won't lose all 3 in LA. I think they can finish it out in LA, but they'll at least come home up 3-2

Ibanez
06-09-2008, 01:31 PM
Yes the NBA is scripted..... both teams are in on it and have agreed upon what is going to happen......... and they made lakers play like crap

or the refs have that much influence on a game.......... and they are making the calls stern wants them to

The nba is one big show ....... kinda like pro wrestling........

ya right.
What? First if the NBA was rigging the game they wouldn't let the teams know.

Do refs have the ability to influence the game? Yes, Look at the Spurs - Lakers series, game 4 or 3 (whichever one it was).

A little "home cooking" in the playoffs it perfectly acceptable.

The NBA wants to draw in more regular fans, die hard fans will always watch their team. If Boston goes up 3-0, it's pretty much a dead series, so they only got 3 good games of out this Final.

If you look at the ratings over the past 20 years 82-98 were great years for ratings meaning at or above 12. 1999-2002 were good years with averaging about 10. However, since about the year 2002, with the exception 2004 (in the 10), the NBA finals can't even break 9 (Low 8s actually and in 2003 was barely about 6).

What do you think a Spurs - Piston series would be like? It might break 7.

This is why the league is promoting Lebron hard. They need another Jordan, another superstar, ratings were excellent back then.

Lakers are at least getting 2 in LA.

sdafdorkafsds
06-09-2008, 01:46 PM
What? First if the NBA was rigging the game they wouldn't let the teams know.

Do refs have the ability to influence the game? Yes, Look at the Spurs - Lakers series, game 4 or 3 (whichever one it was).

A little "home cooking" in the playoffs it perfectly acceptable.

The NBA wants to draw in more regular fans, die hard fans will always watch their team. If Boston goes up 3-0, it's pretty much a dead series, so they only got 3 good games of out this Final.

If you look at the ratings over the past 20 years 82-98 were great years for ratings meaning at or above 12. 1999-2002 were good years with averaging about 10. However, since about the year 2002, with the exception 2004 (in the 10), the NBA finals can't even break 9 (Low 8s actually and in 2003 was barely about 6).

What do you think a Spurs - Piston series would be like? It might break 7.

This is why the league is promoting Lebron hard. They need another Jordan, another superstar, ratings were excellent back then.

Lakers are at least getting 2 in LA.

influence the game, yes.

have enough impact on the game to determine how many games a series will go 'no'. If lakers didnt play like crap they prob would've won.

They cannot do anything blatant and they cannot make a team play like **** (lakers).

So many people on this forum as stupid as sh-t for thinking the NBA would really influence games by making the refs make bad calls and even stupider to think that they would have enough influence to make it go to a 7 game series and have boston win or something along those lines

Ct113
06-09-2008, 01:57 PM
Ive never seen so much bitching and hwinning from a teams fans after one game before....unbelievable. Deal with the fact that you lost because your team played like **** and was shut down for 3 quarters. Quit blaming it on the refs and acting like their the ones who kept you to 42 points in the first half.

Ibanez
06-09-2008, 02:19 PM
influence the game, yes.

have enough impact on the game to determine how many games a series will go 'no'. If lakers didnt play like crap they prob would've won.

They cannot do anything blatant and they cannot make a team play like **** (lakers).

So many people on this forum as stupid as sh-t for thinking the NBA would really influence games by making the refs make bad calls and even stupider to think that they would have enough influence to make it go to a 7 game series and have boston win or something along those lines
Actually I left out last years finals. It turns out that the 2007 Finals was recorded at 6.2, that's terrible, it was the lowest rated finals in NBA history.

So actually this match up was an essential for the NBA. A competitive 7 game series is the best thing the NBA can hope for. There's a reason NBC dumped the NBA.

Of course, a team playing like crap will make them lose.

But I also gave an example of refs "impacting" or "influencing" the game, whichever terminology you want to use. A little home cooking also happens, no doubt.

Both LA and Boston bought their way into the Finals.

sdafdorkafsds
06-09-2008, 02:54 PM
Both LA and Boston bought their way into the Finals.

They played better than the teams they beat and won the games.

zmehc
06-09-2008, 02:59 PM
http://www.nqcc.org/nqccweb/htdocs/Training%20pg%20crying.jpg

http://demo.itent.hu/ujdieta/portal/images/2005-07/baby_cry.jpg

$big_boy$
06-09-2008, 03:36 PM
waaaaaaaaaaaaah

lol wut.....still mad u guys lost to the giants?

HollywoodBody
06-10-2008, 03:00 PM
lol wut.....still mad u guys lost to the giants?

Lolllllll no I was actually thinking about the NBA cause that's what this fukn thread is about. U mad about the redsox and celts and pats next year?.....

ObamaDrama
06-10-2008, 03:02 PM
Kobe has already taken MORE free throws in these two games than the entire San Antonio Series. Not to mention, the fouls last game were 28-21 - hardly a mismatch.

Laker fans, just stop bitching please.

sdafdorkafsds
06-12-2008, 07:11 PM
bump!

PigFelcher
06-02-2010, 06:01 AM
Gonna happen again this year, brahs. $tern wanted LeBron to win a title, it never happened, and the refs failed to get Phoenix through to the finals. But they'll be playing for the Celtics this year, you can be sure.