PDA

View Full Version : Yogurt??

TAP_5870
03-17-2003, 06:35 AM
I don't hear much about yogurt as a source of protein.

Is yogurt a good source of protein? The kind I buy is sugar free and fat free.

Painkiller
03-17-2003, 09:10 AM
What are it's stats?

The only bad thing about yogurt is the kind of it's carbs,they are sugars(because it is made of milk).If you find one with good stats(I often eat one with 10 g protein,4 gr carbs 0 gr fat per 100 gr),it's ok to have it..but don't just the yoghurt,compine it with a low GI carb source,like oats,legumes etc.The only reason I won't have it is if a was VERY stricly cutting(preparing for a contest etc)

TAP_5870
03-17-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Painkiller
What are it's stats?

The only bad thing about yogurt is the kind of it's carbs,they are sugars(because it is made of milk).If you find one with good stats(I often eat one with 10 g protein,4 gr carbs 0 gr fat per 100 gr),it's ok to have it..but don't just the yoghurt,compine it with a low GI carb source,like oats,legumes etc.The only reason I won't have it is if a was VERY stricly cutting(preparing for a contest etc)

It's Kroger brand yogurt.

I know it has 9g of protein, with artificial sweetener, but that's all I recall.

Thanks for the info.

Painkiller
03-17-2003, 12:36 PM
9 gr protein is a good amount,but if it has for example 10 g of sugars per 100 it's not a good choice(or it is,but only for bulking and in moderation)