PDA

View Full Version : High Protein, Low Carb Diet. Help Me Out!!

Grid Iron
06-04-2008, 10:52 PM
Okay, first off let me say that Im about 5'8", 200 pounds with high body fat. I strength train 5 days a week. I do 30 minutes of cardio 4-5 days a week with atleast 1 day being intense high interval training.

I have been losing weight already doing what Im doing but I have not had the best diet due to circumstances out of my control. I have lost approximately 30 pounds over the last six months without the cleanest of dieting. However, I plan on starting a high protein, low carb diet soon and need some help.

What food should I be looking for when I am ready to purchase. Chicken, tuna, turkey, etc.. I understand what will be good sources of protein but my main question is what should I be looking for as good carbs, or important foods with low carbs?

I am looking to lean up, and cut up. Weight loss is not the main factor but lowering my BF% is my target.If you have any tips on this diet please let me know.Any other tips from anyone would be appreciated, thanks.

Grid Iron
06-06-2008, 09:06 PM
no help anyone?

icery
06-06-2008, 09:27 PM
eating 'high protein and low carbs' is very vague. get a good idea of the calories you are going to be eating. just eating low carbs doesn't necessarily result in any more fat loss that a calorie restricted, higher carb diet.

lth
06-06-2008, 09:36 PM
eating 'high protein and low carbs' is very vague. get a good idea of the calories you are going to be eating. just eating low carbs doesn't necessarily result in any more fat loss that a calorie restricted, higher carb diet.

lol, i used to think that way too...if i just eat protein i've gotta lose weight. Well, it is indeed about calories, whatever your macro percentages are. Not too hard though man, eat enough carbs to fuel your training, 1 to 1.5 g per lb in protein and at get your EFA's in there and you'll be fine. Calories, whatever your goals are for cutting slowly or a quicker cut, should range from 10 times your bodyweight to 14 times your bodyweight. best of luck!