PDA

View Full Version : early morning workout

sportyhp
01-14-2007, 05:45 PM
so tomorrow im forced to do an earlier workout than usual....i typically get into the gym in the afternoon but im busy then. the only thing im afraid of is not having enough energy to do my workout like i usually do. my breakfast will probably be a big protein shake (milk, 100% ON, banana) plus maybe a bagel w/ other protein source since i figure i need the carbs early in the morning. does anyone have any advice, or can reassure me that i can still lift at the same intensity? im not that sure, thanks!

jf1
01-14-2007, 06:29 PM
i used to go in the morning 30min after drinking a glass of apple juice and a cup of coffee...the juice gets the blood sugar up and the coffee, besides being a CNS stimulant helps metabolize fat.
eat a good meal afterwards!

sportyhp
01-14-2007, 06:30 PM
coffee might be a problem only b/c its a huge diuretic for me personally......i probably pee about 2 times per hour after i drink it for about 3 hours

boyscouT
01-14-2007, 06:55 PM
Try eating carbs with your bedtime meal.

Jordyn
01-14-2007, 08:22 PM
think u'll be fine. i work out early every morning, i prefer it, and heres what i typically have for breakfast:

- large apple or pear or banana
- maybe 1-2 egg white(s) or some FF cottage cheese (maybe 1/3 cup?)
- 1/3 cup oats + 1/2 cup milk + 15-20g whey

ab-swing asianbabe
01-14-2007, 10:43 PM
Get some carbs and protein (something that will digest pretty quickly - whey, banana are good) for an early morning workout and add some carbs to your before bed meal (in case you're wondering, no it won't make you fat!)

Brekkie I have something like:
oats/yoghurt/banana/whey - similar to yours!

save the cottage cheese for other meals than pre and post wo