PDA

View Full Version : Strict routine diet as opposed to just clean eating...

Cronos1247
05-29-2008, 01:57 PM
How many of you just eat clean? IE: No focus on carb cycling, keto, bulking, cutting, etc.

I mean if you were to just strictly eat a clean diet and eat your 6 meals a day, you know, your typical chicken breast & brown rice, oats and eggs, protein shake pre/post workout, etc. would you see progress? I mean even if your focus wasn't to bulk or cut you would automatically do one or the other I would assume? Maybe at a slower pace?

ELugo
05-29-2008, 02:08 PM
this is exactly how ive always eaten...i have never 'bulked' or 'cut' my entire life...not until about 5 months ago, i didnt even realize that people specifically were either trying to put on mass or get lean. with the way i eat, ive always been able to maintain around the 180-190 lb range..my body is always getting leaner while my muscles are constantly getting more and more defined. with the way i eat i am able to stay looking great year round without walking around with a gut like somebody would be if they were specifically trying to 'bulk' up. i am pretty much satisfied with the mass i have at this point and for the summer i have tweaked my diet a bit in order to 'lean' out as much as i possibly can...my goal right now is to get myself around an 8% percentage of body fat. and to answer your question, YES you can see incredible results not being on a strict diet plan..im proof of it

Cronos1247
05-29-2008, 02:12 PM
this is exactly how ive always eaten...i have never 'bulked' or 'cut' my entire life...not until about 5 months ago, i didnt even realize that people specifically were either trying to put on mass or get lean. with the way i eat, ive always been able to maintain around the 180-190 lb range..my body is always getting leaner while my muscles are constantly getting more and more defined. with the way i eat i am able to stay looking great year round without walking around with a gut like somebody would be if they were specifically trying to 'bulk' up. i am pretty much satisfied with the mass i have at this point and for the summer i have tweaked my diet a bit in order to 'lean' out as much as i possibly can...my goal right now is to get myself around an 8% percentage of body fat. and to answer your question, YES you can see incredible results not being on a strict diet plan..im proof of it

That's what I was hoping, I thought it would work out that way too. I mean, I've drastically changed my eating habits regardless, I don't see how any negative impact could come from eating clean when 99% people I know only eat fast food, etc.

Thanks! Repped.

BlueFenix13S
05-29-2008, 02:12 PM
I quit counting calories and macros, I just listen to my body and give it want it wants.

Granted I'm not competing, nor will I ever, and my job/lifestyle do not allow me to do the standard 6 meals a day with perfect macros. I also can't get "clean" food all the time either.

Someone who is competitive will obviously be much more focused on diet because that is a significant part of their life.

ELugo
05-29-2008, 02:29 PM
I quit counting calories and macros, I just listen to my body and give it want it wants.

Granted I'm not competing, nor will I ever, and my job/lifestyle do not allow me to do the standard 6 meals a day with perfect macros. I also can't get "clean" food all the time either.

Someone who is competitive will obviously be much more focused on diet because that is a significant part of their life.

this is exactly true...the majority of us are not competitive bodybuilders or anything of the sort..we just want great bodies to show off and to be as healthy as we can be to live a longer, fuller life. and honestly, i give credit to the bodies such as jay cutler and ronnie coleman,etc because i know they put in lots of hard work and time in themselves..but...is there any women on this planet that finds those types of physiques attractive at all? lol i rather stick to clean eating than just pounding loads of calories down my throat each day just to put size on

Spottydog
05-29-2008, 02:31 PM
Yeah, I don't have significant macros ATM, just eating clean within a calorie range.
Athough I haven't made much progress w/out paying attention to timeing/macros, so that's why I'm gonna do a modified Lean Mass Diet soon.

ELugo
05-29-2008, 02:43 PM
Yeah, I don't have significant macros ATM, just eating clean within a calorie range.
Athough I haven't made much progress w/out paying attention to timeing/macros, so that's why I'm gonna do a modified Lean Mass Diet soon.

sometimes i wonder how the hell do i put on the muscle like i do...i mean, ive never counted calories...nothing really. back when i was 18 and was near 200lbs of pure muscle, i use to eat like a loaf of bread every two days when everybody on this site is so against it. lol i use to drink like a gallon of milk everyday and a half..it was crazy. now i dont eat anywhere near that much..i just like to keep my diet clean and pound the weights hard everyday. ill stick to my 180lbs for now

BlueFenix13S
05-29-2008, 02:46 PM

See I can't even do that. My job doesn't allow it. I won't be able to whip out chicken, veggies, and almonds, or a protein shake while I'm Mach 1, inverted, 10,000 feet above the ground lol. Also, MRE's contain a lot of...... "questionable" ingredients, but you know what? When you're hungry, you eat what you're given.

ELugo
05-29-2008, 02:53 PM
yea..ummm...id steer clear away from those MREs if i were you...i mean, i dont count my calories but uhh...i know them things contain about close to 4000 calories a piece..and thats just one meal! ive had my fair share....

BlueFenix13S
05-29-2008, 02:56 PM
yea..ummm...id steer clear away from those MREs if i were you...i mean, i dont count my calories but uhh...i know them things contain about close to 4000 calories a piece..and thats just one meal! ive had my fair share....

Lol don't have much choice brotha. Sometimes it's either that or you don't eat. Or you can try to find some beetles and other random insects on the ground in the field ;).

Trust me, when I was pulling 18-20 hour days during AEF training, I enjoyed EVERY one of those 2000 calorie meals....... and I lost 3lbs that month. Sometimes went 8-10 hours with food too, and at that point you're gonna eat anything. It's hard to eat when you're getting shot at and smoked out by OpFor.

ELugo
05-29-2008, 03:07 PM
you know ive heard that beetles were high in protein.........

BlueFenix13S
05-29-2008, 03:36 PM
you know ive heard that beetles were high in protein.........

And low in carbs ;). I myself prefer crickets (serious). Survival training can get pretty interesting lol.