PDA

View Full Version : bulk/ food question

archben
05-28-2008, 06:17 PM
so i was actually gonna cut just to get the abs and low b.f but now i'm thinking, fck that, i need muscle to cut first, right? So my question is how many cals. should i be taking a day? i get most of my protein from powder, and some from chicken. Also how clean do i have to be to bulk? like can i indulge myself in junk food and bad carbs.
I dont wanna get huge at all, just gain like 1-2 inches to my arms, and like 4-6 in other areas of body like chest, legs (which are small), shoulders, etc.

some add. info: i've been training every muscle 2x a week for the past month (been working out 1 month only, i'm new at this) is that too much?? maybe i shouldnt ask that here... oh well. i'm 5'8ish, about... 150lbs and 14-15 percent b.f. lol and also i dont wanna get to like 25% body fat... and get a pot belly and all that so... maybe i should cut first? i dunno.

hoopla
05-28-2008, 06:22 PM
so i was actually gonna cut just to get the abs and low b.f but now i'm thinking, fck that, i need muscle to cut first, right? So my question is how many cals. should i be taking a day? i get most of my protein from powder, and some from chicken. Also how clean do i have to be to bulk? like can i indulge myself in junk food and bad carbs.
I dont wanna get huge at all, just gain like 1-2 inches to my arms, and like 4-6 in other areas of body like chest, legs (which are small), shoulders, etc.

some add. info: i've been training every muscle 2x a week for the past month (been working out 1 month only, i'm new at this) is that too much?? maybe i shouldnt ask that here... oh well. i'm 5'8ish, about... 150lbs and 14-15 percent b.f. lol and also i dont wanna get to like 25% body fat... and get a pot belly and all that so... maybe i should cut first? i dunno.

many will tell you that it isnt possible to cut fat and gain muscle at the same time....

they are full of crap.

Get on a good strength training routine composed of mainly compound lifts... and eat a balanced diet... be patient and eventually youll see impressive progression.

This is just my opinion though... i dont believe in the whole "cut then bulk then bulk then cut" and so on idealogies.

Shinjan
05-28-2008, 06:46 PM
Clean Bulk FTW!!! Or you could do something like what Layne Norton used in his video series which is... Bulk for 2 weeks, then diet for 1 week --- repeat this cycle so as to not get too overweight.

archben
05-28-2008, 06:50 PM
Clean Bulk FTW!!! Or you could do something like what Layne Norton used in his video series which is... Bulk for 2 weeks, then diet for 1 week --- repeat this cycle so as to not get too overweight.

wow.. that's all i can say.
i can't believe i never even thought of something like that... am i retarded or something? lol... seriousy that idea never even came into my mind and it's so obvious and simple. thanks man, well that's my number one option now.

Shinjan
05-28-2008, 06:58 PM
no problem man gl with your progress

Blue Blazer
05-28-2008, 07:11 PM
Layne Norton is the best natural bodybuilder ever, plain and simple...I thank him for writing some very great articles that have helped me on my bulk since day one

LAYNE FTW!

Northman69
05-28-2008, 07:17 PM
Make sure you research the basics bro...

Try to hit 200 grams of protein a day at your weight

Get some form of clean carbs/veggies/fats at every meal and you are on the right track