PDA

View Full Version : Rank fat 1, 2 ,3

syssstem
05-27-2008, 05:49 PM
so my last 2 meals of the day consist of 35g protein, 20g fat, and some sort of vegetable. for my fat source i have 3 choices, olive oil, peanut butter, kanola oil.

in order what are my most ideal choices for quality fat?

SheWulf
05-27-2008, 05:54 PM
I believe they're all mostly monounsaturated fats, so they're pretty comparable. Peanut butter is the most delicious obviously!

syssstem
05-27-2008, 06:13 PM
I believe they're all mostly monounsaturated fats, so they're pretty comparable. Peanut butter is the most delicious obviously!

so your saying it doesnt matter which source i get the 20g from? as long as im getting it?

Phosphate bond
05-27-2008, 06:17 PM
I would say peanut butter mainly because it would be the most nutrient dense. The other two are not bad choices either but they are refined oils and therefore are lacking in minerals.

You didn't mention them but walnuts are probably the most healthy kind of nut overall (IMO) and they taste good blended with peanut butter.

soundcheck129
05-27-2008, 06:17 PM
so your saying it doesnt matter which source i get the 20g from? as long as im getting it?

Yes. I'd recommend the PB based on taste.

cyde
05-27-2008, 06:22 PM
so my last 2 meals of the day consist of 35g protein, 20g fat, and some sort of vegetable. for my fat source i have 3 choices, olive oil, peanut butter, kanola oil.

in order what are my most ideal choices for quality fat?

What about avocados? Fat, fiber, and vitamins to boot. I like eating mine with olive oil in a small salad. Walnuts, pecans, almonds, etc. also work if you don't feel like eating oil.

Gym_Kitty
05-27-2008, 06:24 PM
What about avocados? Fat, fiber, and vitamins to boot. I like eating mine with olive oil in a small salad. Walnuts, pecans, almonds, etc. also work if you don't feel like eating oil.

Yes, Yes, Yes. Love avocado with Shrimps. I usually make salad with grilled shrimps, sliced avocada, tomatoes, some nuts, 1tsp olive oil and spinach!! ;) Great Protein + Fat :D

syssstem
05-27-2008, 06:47 PM
Yes, Yes, Yes. Love avocado with Shrimps. I usually make salad with grilled shrimps, sliced avocada, tomatoes, some nuts, 1tsp olive oil and spinach!! ;) Great Protein + Fat :D

what is avacado even? vegetable? how much do you have to eat to get an adequate ammount of protein?

yes i could search but i thought since were already talkin about it :D

cyde
05-27-2008, 07:03 PM
what is avacado even? vegetable? how much do you have to eat to get an adequate ammount of protein?

yes i could search but i thought since were already talkin about it :D

Avocado is considered a fruit. It is a good source of monounsaturated fat, fiber, and potassium. I wouldn't eat avocado as a source of protein, as there isn't very much.

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c20Tj.html

syssstem
05-27-2008, 07:07 PM
Avocado is considered a fruit. It is a good source of monounsaturated fat, fiber, and potassium. I wouldn't eat avocado as a source of protein, as there isn't very much.

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c20Tj.html

thats exactly what i need too, 20g fat and fiber, hopefully i like this stuff :D

cyde
05-27-2008, 07:11 PM
thats exactly what i need too, 20g fat and fiber, hopefully i like this stuff :D

Do you like guacamole? Avocado is the main ingredient in that condiment. Goes great on chips, sandwiches, tacos, chicken, fish, pork, beef, etc.

syssstem
05-27-2008, 07:13 PM
Do you like guacamole? Avocado is the main ingredient in that condiment. Goes great on chips, sandwiches, tacos, chicken, fish, pork, beef, etc.

never tried guacamole either, next time i go buy groceries ill get a sample of avocado, about how big is 1 serving? fist sized apple?

pm39120
05-27-2008, 07:22 PM
never tried guacamole either, next time i go buy groceries ill get a sample of avocado, about how big is 1 serving? fist sized apple?

one avocado weights around 3-4 ounces which is 12-16g of fat. to answer your orignal question thought, i would say alternate them so they all be included.