PDA

View Full Version : 2 Interesting Nutrition Questions.......

scoch
05-21-2008, 02:21 PM
1) Is it possible to become allergic to a food? As in it causes you to bloat whenever you eat it? Now whenever i eat as much as 80g of Broccoli, i "bloat" uncomfortably. (pair it with 5 oz feta cheese but iv never had a problem with cheese) I used to eat MASS quantities of it, thats why i ask

2) What are the effects of severe sleep deprivation? Been getting 4 hours a night for a couple weeks, and iv obviously felt like **** (walking is hard) but not sure whether thats sleep or something else

3) (bonus? lol) If you feel bloated, is it bad to "eat through it" ? (or would that just stretch the stomach further)

tinyman5000
05-21-2008, 02:40 PM
Get

Off

This

Site

Aindreas
05-21-2008, 02:44 PM
^^

Coming to this forum, its killing me

Not quite, but it's speeding up the process...

Hypertrophyk
05-21-2008, 02:55 PM
Scoch: Are you still eating/gaining 4k+ every day?

scoch
05-21-2008, 03:19 PM
Scoch: Are you still eating/gaining 4k+ every day?
yeah, eating a good amount over 4k , just dealing with some mental/physical issues like unsatiation and whether or not to eat constantly lol

siberian_tiger
05-21-2008, 03:39 PM
1) Is it possible to become allergic to a food? As in it causes you to bloat whenever you eat it? Now whenever i eat as much as 80g of Broccoli, i "bloat" uncomfortably. (pair it with 5 oz feta cheese but iv never had a problem with cheese) I used to eat MASS quantities of it, thats why i ask

2) What are the effects of severe sleep deprivation? Been getting 4 hours a night for a couple weeks, and iv obviously felt like **** (walking is hard) but not sure whether thats sleep or something else

3) (bonus? lol) If you feel bloated, is it bad to "eat through it" ? (or would that just stretch the stomach further)

1) I think it is possible, but broccoli has a bloating effect.

2) Sleep deprevation can have severe consequences, chances are you are getting minimal results from your workout.

3) Eat through it... unless the food stinks, if its a steak, you better not waste it.

Oddball8945
05-21-2008, 04:21 PM
yeah, eating a good amount over 4k , just dealing with some mental/physical issues like unsatiation and whether or not to eat constantly lol

bull, i find it hard to believe your getting 4k if you cant even eat down/are worrying about bloat for 80g of broccoli(which is like eating air cause its such a small amount)

Hypertrophyk
05-21-2008, 04:34 PM
Have you tried eating foods that aren't so calorically sparse to reduce bloat? And why can't you sleep?

d1lineman69
05-21-2008, 05:01 PM
get more sleep and youll feel ten times better... we had our offseason workouts this past season at either 5 or 4 30 in the morning depending on which days, the first few weeks i didnt go to sleep till around 12 or 1 which made me feel terrible

scoch
05-21-2008, 05:30 PM
bull, i find it hard to believe your getting 4k if you cant even eat down/are worrying about bloat for 80g of broccoli(which is like eating air cause its such a small amount)

thats why im wondering whether i got allergic to it , your talking to somebody whoo routinely ate 800g+ worth of fiberous vegetables per meal and felt fine over it

SheWulf
05-21-2008, 05:33 PM
I don't think you're allergic, a lot of people get bloated from veggies, especially brocolli.

ColdasIce18
05-21-2008, 06:04 PM
Try chewing your broccoli better if you're eating it uncooked.

Chew until it's a warm non hard glob in your mouth

scoch
05-21-2008, 08:17 PM
Try chewing your broccoli better if you're eating it uncooked.

Chew until it's a warm non hard glob in your mouth
i nuke the frozen broccoli till its almost "too soft" so thats not an issue,

just a little strange as i used to eat 5X+ more quantity whise and it never bothered me

such a loser yo
05-21-2008, 08:29 PM

wait until you're working full time. there are weeks where i'd do anything for 4 solid hours a night. what happened to working 9-5?

scoch
05-21-2008, 09:50 PM
wait until you're working full time. there are weeks where i'd do anything for 4 solid hours a night. what happened to working 9-5?
heh well thats far away lol , only 15/16 (july 4rth)

tinyman5000
05-21-2008, 09:52 PM
heh well thats far away lol , only 15/16 (july 4rth)

wow and you've already set yourself up on the long road to failing at life

Spottydog
05-21-2008, 11:28 PM
wow and you've already set yourself up on the long road to failing at life

What was the point of that post?

Scoch: See a doc about bloat, could be some GI issue going on.

4 hours is making you tired. Full stop. Double that amount bud!

Eating through it sucks... it depends whether making decent gains or not feeling crappy is more important to you.

Anyway, lay off the broccoli a few days and see how you feel. If you're still bloated as hell, see a doc.

scoch
05-22-2008, 01:08 PM
What was the point of that post?

Scoch: See a doc about bloat, could be some GI issue going on.

4 hours is making you tired. Full stop. Double that amount bud!

Eating through it sucks... it depends whether making decent gains or not feeling crappy is more important to you.

Anyway, lay off the broccoli a few days and see how you feel. If you're still bloated as hell, see a doc.

yeah the strange thing with eating through it (why i ask) is that after i "eat through it" the bloat seems to disappear, so im not sure whether iv just streched my stomach so far it doesnt feel bad anymore (bad) or whether the bloat just needed more food?

Hypertrophyk
05-22-2008, 06:12 PM
do you think it's a decrease in limbic hunger from consistently eating enough for a few weeks?

scoch
05-23-2008, 12:31 PM
do you think it's a decrease in limbic hunger from consistently eating enough for a few weeks?

i dont think so because im still "unsatiated/physically hungry" at all other times.

strangely when i eat a lot more food afterwards the bloat pain seems to go away , which is why i ask the "allergic" question