PDA

View Full Version : My Nutrition Plan need help!

borcic0
05-21-2008, 02:07 PM
Hey so im currently 158 pounds around 5'11 and in good shape already. I eat three meals and two snacks. I want to gain more muscle (alot more in my chest and shoulders) and i dont want to get too much bodyfat cause my problem is around the chest area. Any requests on what i should eat/shouldnt eat and what i can take to get me some nice muscle? Heres my mealplan on a regular day

breakfast:
2 eggs, 1 cup of oatmeal, and chocolate milk

Snack:
Package of turkey breast, water

Lunch
Chicken sub with terayki sauce, cheese
500Ml chocolate milk
Apple
granola Bar

Snack:
same as the first

Dinner
2 chicken breasts
Potatoe w/ sour cream
Vegatables

sunglee
05-21-2008, 02:10 PM
Are you trying to bulk or cut? I guess that matters. If you want to bulk, seem you need to eat more.

borcic0
05-21-2008, 03:22 PM
Well the plan is for the time being to get bulkier. Than in a month or two im going to try and shed the extra body fat i get from getting more bulk.

Taurus Rising
05-21-2008, 05:20 PM
if you want to bulk, you need to eat more calories while keeping it clean. I am against "bulking" for the sake of just adding "weight." add CLEAN size - why add fat that you will try to lose later???

it is important for me to know where your workout falls in your meal schedule.

I can suggest a four things before you even answer the above. basically, you need not only more protein in your diet, you need more carbs.

1. after "fasting" through the night, you should wake up to 20-25g of whey protein mixed with about 20g of fast carbs. this will help shut off the catabolic (anti-muscle) state that you wake up in.

2. you need a more substantial breakfast. I eat three whole eggs plus 3-4 whites with a few slices of lean ham plus two slices of whole wheat toast. put some all natural fruit spread on the toast for some additional quality carbs.

3. add some quality, slow carbs to both of your turkey (protein) snacks. brown rice is awesome if you can eat it with your turkey.

4. add a casein based shake or about 1 cup of low-fat cottage cheese with some pineapple before bed.

hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions and I'll try to help you some more.

borcic0
05-21-2008, 06:05 PM
Thanks tons of the reply, and my workout usually falls after lunch and before my 2nd snack in the afternoon. Would almonds, nuts or any of that be a positive say for a pre-workout snack? And just more information, my workouts vary from an hour to an hour and a half if you think i need more nutrition or if thats insufficient. Thanks alot!

Taurus Rising
05-21-2008, 06:20 PM
ok... you're working out after lunch/before second snack...

consume the following FAST CARBS and FAST PROTEIN post-workout. consume 40g fast (whey) protein + 40-50g FAST CARBS (waxy maize starch, ON GlycoMaize, etc.) immediately post workout.

eventually you should try to add the nuts that you mentioned to the turkey (that would have been your second snack) either before dinner or after dinner... don't spoil dinner or the casein/cottage cheese pre-bed snack that I mentioned earlier.

if you follow my suggestions and stay focused in the gym, I think that you can gain 8 quality pounds in about a month. DEDICATION=RESULTS.

questions?

borcic0
05-21-2008, 06:34 PM
Taurus Rising you've been so helpful thankyou tons. And yes about the fast carbs, is there anything i can eat like food wise that you can find in your local supermarket? Im just currently low on the cash so in a bout a week or two i should be able to get the items you mentioned.

Taurus Rising
05-21-2008, 06:44 PM
sure! great fast carbs to consume post-workout include easy items like rice cakes (skip the ones with the crap flavorings added) and bagels.

some other ideas for you... start reading labels. start logging what you eat to understand the macros (protein/carbs/fats) that you are consuming. learn the difference between slow carbs (ie-brown rice) and fast carbs (ie-rice cakes). in general, during a clean bulk you only want fast carbs twice a day: immediately upon waking and immediately post-workout.

reply with questions, I'm happy to help!

chuckyhol
05-21-2008, 06:50 PM
Taurus Rising has offered some great help, but i'm going to go on a slightly different side of the spectrum.

I don't think you should log everything you eat - it leads to obsessive behaviour. I think that the main things to look for in your diet is this:

1) A healthy balance of protein/carbs/fats. This is pretty easy because you SHOULD be eating 5-6 meals of roughly the same size spread throughout the day. So, each meal should be made of the same ratio, 40/40/20. If you look at each meal like this, it becomes a lot easier.

2) Just eat cleaner. You probably don't need to look at the calories to see if something is good for you or not. If it's a candy bar, put it down. If it's processed, put it down. Go grab a banana or a can of tuna. You're hungry, so don't starve your body, instead feed it something good, wholesome, and healthy.

3) What's up with the chocolate milk? Do you really need the chocoloate in it? It's full of sugar (the refined, from corn sort), and really offers nothing to your diet.

4) Drink more water. Aim for a gallon a day. A test to see if you've had enough to drink: your urine should be clear (not yellow at all).

Good luck!