PDA

View Full Version : Fish!

juniorotty
05-20-2008, 04:52 AM
I was wondering if I could consist a bulking diet on alot of oats, alot of milk (whole), 250g Tuna a day and 100 g Sardines..as my staples.

I really dont mind the taste of canned fish sardines and they give 25g protein in a serving of 100g and they also have EFA's.

But I keep hearing you should eat Chicken, turkey, steak... I dont see how they are different from tuna and sardines except the fat.. and I will be getting plenty of fat from the whole milk.

So would I still gain if I ate 3500+ calories without eating steak, turkey, chicken and just sticking to fish?

Just want to here what you guys think about eating meats against fish on a bulking diet and there advantages and disadvantages.

Oh and I would still get some extra meals with meats in it every couple days, but the stables will be tuna and sardines.

Sixpack
05-20-2008, 05:03 AM
You could, but I am no sure how long you would stay on it as the diet would get boring, plus a wider variety of foods = different nutrients

juniorotty
05-20-2008, 05:17 AM
Different nutrients such as??
And how would they effect muscle devolpment??
Are they really much better then Tuna's overall nutrients??

I will be taking a multi vitamin, so I am interested in what other nutrients in meats will help devolpe my muscles quicker then Tuna/Sardines/Fish..

:)

lorinelise
05-20-2008, 05:31 AM
Tuna: http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c214s.html

Sirloin: http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts-C00001-01c21wN.html

Scroll down and you can see the differences in amino acid, nutrient, mineral, and fat composition. Variety is key for health! I'm not saying that you won't be able to pack on muscle eating just tuna and sardines, but chicken and beef do provide different amounts of nutrients :)

lbleiweiss
05-20-2008, 05:38 AM
What do you have against steak and chicken? You could eat your sardine diet 2 or 3 days a week and mix it up with steak and chicken for the rest of the week, I'm not a big fan of pork lol. Not only will you not get all the nutrients you should be getting from the steak but you're going to get very sick of your diet after a few days lol