PDA

View Full Version : Iced Tea vs Water?

TheJosh
05-17-2008, 01:43 PM
I know it's best to drink alot of water each day, but what if I drank unsweetened plain iced tea instead?

I drink water, but I prefer iced tea since it's not so boring, I got on a tea fix after I gave up soda and now I drink about a gallon of iced tea a day, I make like 6-7 little tea bags in a pitcher and take it to work with me and sip on it all day long.

Any harm in icea tea over water?

FootBallBeast
05-17-2008, 01:47 PM
Nope

Dr. Horse
05-17-2008, 01:50 PM
Any harm in icea tea over water?

The only issue with it is caffeine. Decide how much caffeine you want to be taking in each day. Let that be your guide.

TheJosh
05-17-2008, 01:55 PM
The only issue with it is caffeine. Decide how much caffeine you want to be taking in each day. Let that be your guide.

Oops sorry I forgot to mention, I get unsweetened decaffinated iced tea. No Caffine for me.

Can caffine affect gains?

Dr. Horse
05-17-2008, 02:03 PM
Oops sorry I forgot to mention, I get unsweetened decaffinated iced tea. No Caffine for me.

Can caffine affect gains?

Caffeine is a drug. You should know what it does.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/caffeine/NU00600

If you are drinking decaf tea, then it is virtually identical to drinking water. Drink all you want.

TheJosh
05-17-2008, 02:35 PM
Caffeine is a drug. You should know what it does.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/caffeine/NU00600

If you are drinking decaf tea, then it is virtually identical to drinking water. Drink all you want.

Sweet, thanks for the article, i will keep up on the tea drinking.

I also drink diet blueberry green tea, it has 0 sugar, I am going to see how healthy that is now too, thanks.

stateless
Despite popular belief, decaf drinks do still contain caffeine, only less of it. Most of them are not actually 'caffeine free'.

TheJosh
Despite popular belief, decaf drinks do still contain caffeine, only less of it. Most of them are not actually 'caffeine free'.

How is that legal/true? What about the people allergic to caffine?

Dr. Horse
05-17-2008, 02:37 PM

True, but in general, caffeine-free tea tends to be "herbal tea"; i.e. there is no actual tea in it, and hence, no caffeine at all.

But you are certainly correct for decaf coffee.

Dr. Horse
05-17-2008, 02:43 PM
What about the people allergic to caffine?

Caffeine allergy is extraordinarily rare.

TheJosh
05-17-2008, 02:49 PM
Yeah, I know it's rare, but I wasn't sure what he meant.

I rep'd you for helping me Mr. Horse, thank you.

stateless
05-17-2008, 04:54 PM
True, but in general, caffeine-free tea tends to be "herbal tea"; i.e. there is no actual tea in it, and hence, no caffeine at all.

But you are certainly correct for decaf coffee.

true, true. I thought it was worth a mention though, as many people assume that decaf tea and coffee truly has no caffeine.