PDA

View Full Version : A lifestyle question

TheManchild
05-13-2008, 10:41 AM
So a little background first: I've been lifting and watching nutrition closely for over 2 years. However in order to make weight this year to wrestle i had to make some sacrifices, mostly my muscle. So i dropped to 1500 calories and kept the 3 hour practices, because I had 2 weeks to drop 15lbs and pass hydration (so no water dropping). Throughout the season I had to stay on the low calorie diet, and it really took a toll on me physically and mentally, to the point where i lost all of my friends and was super depressed all of the time. I lost alot of muscle, and my buddies started talking about all the trash they would eat when they were done, something i hadnt even thought about for years. SO once the season ended, i binged for about 2 weeks straight. It deffinately helped me to ease my mind, and got me back on track so that I could stand being around people again. however, it was an out of control ride. Even weeks later i was still going out to eat or having pizza if the opprotunity presented itself, which was absolutely abserd to me. In all, from dehydrated state (140lbs.. i think my real weight at the end of wrestling was about 148) to dirty bulk + **** ton of creatine i topped the scales near 175, the heaviest of my life. It was a good bulk and i put on all my lost size again, but obviously some good fat too. I just got done cutting (2 weeks) and have my 6 pack again, chillin about 165 and i think i look pretty good.

So now the stuff to read and debate:

How does cheating and stuff effect you? For me, I have found that after a few weeks, i just dont crave anything anymore. Once i have a little snippet here and there, it starts to cause problems for me, and it started with one bite sized candy a day at the end of the wrestling that turned into entire pizzas followed by entire DQ ice cream cakes. Do you find that you dont even need to cheat?

Personally, I would like to be able to go out and enjoy a good tasting meal, just every once in a while, even if i really dont need it or crave it, but i find that its a slippery slope towards disaster. Discuss

Rigit23
05-13-2008, 10:47 AM
It's all about integration dude.

I think its insane how some people here are so dedicated (read: obsessed) with nutrition at such a young age. Yes, I eat healthy and watch my macros, but if I'm going out to dinner with my family, or at a friends house; I won't hesitate to cheat a little.

I think 1 cheat meal a week keeps a lot of people sane and gives them something to look forward to. Cheats aren't absolutely necessary, but they are something to relax and just enjoy life.

TheManchild
05-13-2008, 11:12 AM
right, and I think the whole term is a bit misused... that you have to CHEAT as if you are doing something terribly wrong by eating something like that. However for me, sometimes having that weekly meal is a bit too much, once you have a taste you've just gotta keep going back for more kind of thing.