PDA

View Full Version : Best Player in the NBA

KingTrue
05-10-2008, 05:36 PM
who do you guys think is the best player in the NBA and choose for your team?

CroaT154
05-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Had to vote for my boy Chris Paul

*DH*
05-10-2008, 05:42 PM
LeBron and Kobe.

7~911
05-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Chris Paul
Kobe
Lebron
Tim Duncan
Kevin Garnett

jumper21987
05-10-2008, 05:43 PM
Kobe

iginca
05-10-2008, 05:44 PM
negged for not recognizing the greatess of Kobe Bean Bryant

KingTrue
05-10-2008, 05:44 PM
guess i shoulda made it multiple choice :P

soleus
05-10-2008, 05:48 PM
Brian Scalabrine

TheDude824
05-10-2008, 05:53 PM
12 for chris Paul.. lol. Its easily Kobe.

cellshot
05-10-2008, 05:56 PM
where the fk is Rudy Gay.

GTfreak
05-10-2008, 06:00 PM
gotta love the kobe hate

Leonidas80
05-10-2008, 07:11 PM
Kobe

SUSprinter
05-10-2008, 07:12 PM
Andre Kirelenko

SkinnyWR009
05-10-2008, 07:16 PM
kobe then paul

romeo2
05-10-2008, 07:19 PM
best player in the nba would probably be the guy whose the hardest to beat one on one. kobe

DaHooligan
05-10-2008, 07:20 PM
12 for chris Paul.. lol. Its easily Kobe.

Chris paul bandwagon is strong in here lol

Kobe ftw

CerealKiller
05-10-2008, 07:27 PM
Chris paul bandwagon is strong in here lol

Kobe ftw

so was Ron Paul.

collegeBBer
05-10-2008, 07:35 PM
Brian Scalabrine

he's a USC guy :)

johnny87
05-10-2008, 07:49 PM
depends, kobe better get that ring this year or he will drop in alot of peoples opinions including mine. Im a huge kobe fan but paul is really nipping at heels right now. Pretty close.

KingCanuck
05-10-2008, 08:12 PM
Matt Bonner

captain_marvel
05-10-2008, 08:33 PM
Lmao @ Paul beating Bryant or even competing with Bryant in this poll. Bryant has been much more dominant for a much longer period of time.

Lmao @ no Tim Duncan on the list at all.

/fail

/thread

kooldude
05-10-2008, 08:44 PM
Unless the rest of the top 5 (Kobe, Lebron, KG, Chris Paul) does something spectular this postseason, I still believe Duncan is the best. His bad games are because of his flu.

Kobe, KG, Paul needs to win the Finals MVP for me to put #1. Lebron just needs to make the Finals again for #1 status. It's beyond unfairable to penalize him when he loses to a Western team if he makes it to the Finals again.

Heartless
05-10-2008, 09:27 PM
lol @ Paul getting more votes than Kobe

I_Wanna_Bench
05-10-2008, 10:53 PM
The MVP. Although there are about 4 or 5 others who are all right behind him. I mean, look at Lebron and the Cavs, or CP3 and the Hornets, before either of those 2 came along on their respective teams, neither team was any good for the most part. I think no matter what Kobe can score and do what he pleases when he wants too, Lebron on the other hand can be shut down in the scoring department but can and does contribute in other ways. CP3 would have been my runner-up for MVP because of what he can do and has done, but the West is too hard for him to carry his team to a Title.

johnny87
05-10-2008, 10:54 PM
its easily nash, how many other active guys got 2 mvps?

I_Wanna_Bench
05-10-2008, 10:58 PM

He is a very good player and a future HOF'er, but he has to have a supporting cast that helps him. Not saying he cant do things on his own, but he cant score at will and dominate from the inside and outside like Lebron and Kobe.

johnny87
05-10-2008, 10:59 PM
He is a very good player and a future HOF'er, but he has to have a supporting cast that helps him. Not saying he cant do things on his own, but he cant score at will and dominate from the inside and outside like Lebron and Kobe.

Steve nash supporting cast is only good because of his greatness. he makes his team mates better.

Have you seen his shooting percentage lol? he is the best shooter in the league.

I_Wanna_Bench
05-10-2008, 11:18 PM
Steve nash supporting cast is only good because of his greatness. he makes his team mates better.

Have you seen his shooting percentage lol? he is the best shooter in the league.

I know he is a great player and shooter, but he cant drive to the whole and score at will like Kobe and Lebron. If Amare wasnt there the Suns wouldnt even had made the Playoffs.

johnny87
05-10-2008, 11:21 PM
I know he is a great player and shooter, but he cant drive to the whole and score at will like Kobe and Lebron. If Amare wasnt there the Suns wouldnt even had made the Playoffs.

Amare has missed a seaon and they made the playoffs due to nash's awesomeness.

He can penetrate and get to the lane easy. he just passes it off and makes his teamates look better. Unlike Lebron turning former allstars such as wallace and wally into scrubs.

I_Wanna_Bench
05-10-2008, 11:28 PM
Amare has missed a seaon and they made the playoffs due to nash's awesomeness.

He can penetrate and get to the lane easy. he just passes it off and makes his teamates look better. Unlike Lebron turning former allstars such as wallace and wally into scrubs.

What do I know anyways, Lebron and Kobe are still in the Playoffs, and so are the Jazz because of D-Will, and the Suns are already at home and their coach is gone.

johnny87
05-10-2008, 11:30 PM
What do I know anyways, Lebron and Kobe are still in the Playoffs, and so are the Jazz because of D-Will, and the Suns are already at home and their coach is gone.

yeah specially cuz the rockets and the wizards are much better teams than the spurs.

/sarcasm

they will be gon soon enough. they just played bad teams 1st round

I_Wanna_Bench
05-10-2008, 11:35 PM
yeah specially cuz the rockets and the wizards are much better teams than the spurs.

/sarcasm

they will be gon soon enough. they just played bad teams 1st round

What do the Rockets and the Wizards have to do with this. The only reason the Wizards made the Playoffs is because they're in the East. And the Rockets, well they cant ever get passed the 1st round, ever. Who will be gone soon enough?

johnny87
05-10-2008, 11:37 PM
What do the Rockets and the Wizards have to do with this. The only reason the Wizards made the Playoffs is because they're in the East. And the Rockets, well they cant ever get passed the 1st round, ever. Who will be gone soon enough?

FYI,thats who the jazz and cavs played in the first round

i only mentioned them as u used them as playoff success stories this year.

I_Wanna_Bench
05-10-2008, 11:44 PM
FYI,thats who the jazz and cavs played in the first round

i only mentioned them as u used them as playoff success stories this year.

I never said they were success stories, I just mentioned that them before mentioned players were carrying their teams in the Playoffs. The Jazz made it to the Conference Finals last year and the Cavs made it to the Finals last year, all because of Lebron and D-Will.

KingTrue
05-11-2008, 08:43 AM
can't believe i forgot duncan but oh well

PhoenixBuff
05-11-2008, 09:19 AM
Kobe is the best player on the planet right now. Right now.

tafoya
05-11-2008, 09:30 AM
BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD!!!

http://hoops.blink.ph/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/kobe_supernatural_tour.jpg

KingTrue
05-12-2008, 09:08 PM
glad that kobe is ahead, but really? 4 votes for lebron

romeo2
05-12-2008, 10:14 PM
best player in the nba doesn't equal the most valuable player in the nba.

but nonetheless, kobe holds both titles for now.

sillz100
05-12-2008, 10:20 PM
This poll just proves how stupid the sports section is. There really is no opinion on this, its just right or wrong.

Do you know much about the NBA or basketball or are you biased and ignorant?

Kobe is by far the best player in the world right now.

I am a huge chris paul fan........ but come on chris paul at 40% on this poll. It just angers me how stupid this section is.

JuanDenver
05-12-2008, 10:26 PM
Greg Oden

Gmoney23
05-12-2008, 10:29 PM

Nash isnt even the best PG in the league anymore. When I think of the best player in the NBA I dont think of a guy who is an above average scorer and a great passer that does nothing else. I think of a complete player.

The best complete player in the NBA is Kobe Bryant. He plays defense.

Nash doesnt play any defense at all.

Lloyd Braun
05-12-2008, 10:59 PM
Kobe.

And how the hell is Deron Williams or even Nowitzski on that damn list?

7~911
05-12-2008, 11:23 PM
Kobe.

And how the hell is Deron Williams or even Nowitzski on that damn list?

the only guys that even fit into the category of 'best nba player' are Kobe, Lebron, CP3, maybe Dwayne Wade (when healthy). That's it.

kooldude
05-13-2008, 06:04 AM
the only guys that even fit into the category of 'best nba player' are Kobe, Lebron, CP3, maybe Dwayne Wade (when healthy). That's it.

You're forgetting the best one in the last 3 years: Tim Duncan.

K_Dave
05-13-2008, 06:14 AM
Kobe is definately the most talented but if I could have any player on my team it'd have to be Chris Paul. Without Paul the Hornets are a lottery team plain and simple.

GTfreak
05-13-2008, 06:17 AM
how the hell did dirk get a vote

Scorpion613
05-13-2008, 06:21 AM
lol cp3 has ONE breakout season and he has 64 votes... lebron and kobe have been the most consistant players in the last 5 years

gainmusclefast
05-13-2008, 06:46 AM
no wade? :(

INGENIUM
05-13-2008, 08:34 AM
wow...only 9 votes for lebron...

lacey23
05-13-2008, 08:55 AM

Probably because the polls being conducted during a terrible series by him. If it were after game 5 of last years Pistons series I bet he'd be in the lead.

K_Dave
05-13-2008, 09:27 AM
lol cp3 has ONE breakout season and he has 64 votes... lebron and kobe have been the most consistant players in the last 5 years

Seeing how CP3 was in high school like 4 years ago, it's pretty signifigant that he's having a breakout year already

Besides, PG is the MOST important position in the game and has the hardest learning curve.

sillz100
05-13-2008, 10:58 AM

more like WOW kobe isn't at 90%.........

basically you should have the people that know what they are talking about and vote seriously. People who don't look at what they are choosing, and people that are really big fans and extremely biased and then the stupid people that have no idea what they are talking about..... and those should account for 10%.

and yet we have 53% that fall into that category...... sadly i think most of them are in the 'no idea what they are talking about' category

lacey23
05-13-2008, 11:54 AM
more like WOW kobe isn't at 90%.........

basically you should have the people that know what they are talking about and vote seriously. People who don't look at what they are choosing, and people that are really big fans and extremely biased and then the stupid people that have no idea what they are talking about..... and those should account for 10%.

and yet we have 53% that fall into that category...... sadly i think most of them are in the 'no idea what they are talking about' category

I bet you if I did the same pole on a site like RealGM where there's a ton of basketball fans the voting would look pretty similar. There's a ton of homers, and people that hate certain players even on a site that is supposed to know a lot about bball.

why so ez?
05-13-2008, 12:01 PM
Nash isnt even the best PG in the league anymore. When I think of the best player in the NBA I dont think of a guy who is an above average scorer and a great passer that does nothing else. I think of a complete player.

The best complete player in the NBA is Kobe Bryant. He plays defense.

Nash doesnt play any defense at all.

haha he wasn't being serious.

Pretty Boy Floyd
05-13-2008, 12:59 PM
Chris Paul
Kobe
Lebron
Tim Duncan
Kevin Garnett

eh, KG aint what he used to be

Kobe, Bron and TD are the best players in their own ways

Scorpion613
05-13-2008, 01:15 PM
Seeing how CP3 was in high school like 4 years ago, it's pretty signifigant that he's having a breakout year already

Besides, PG is the MOST important position in the game and has the hardest learning curve.

and what is the crieteria for "most important game position" and "hardest learning curve" ? I think being on the block, anchoring your team's defense, scoring in the paint consistently over bigs, rebounding, blocking shots, shooting the mid range jumper with consistency, and passing over the double team has just as hard of a "learning curve" than being a PG. The player(s) desrcibed above are the Tim Duncan and KG like players...

KingTrue
05-13-2008, 01:46 PM
I wanted to put Duncan,D-wade, and arenas but 10 slot limit :(

TheDude824
05-13-2008, 01:49 PM
This poll just proves how stupid the sports section is. There really is no opinion on this, its just right or wrong.

Do you know much about the NBA or basketball or are you biased and ignorant?

Kobe is by far the best player in the world right now.

I am a huge chris paul fan........ but come on chris paul at 40% on this poll. It just angers me how stupid this section is.

You are such a Laker homer (jk ).

Really tho, how is Lebron so low and Paul so high? Thats what im wondering.

KingTrue
05-13-2008, 02:08 PM
Paul is great, but the lebron this makes me wonder too. Along with how dwight howard has zero votes

SpiderSense
05-13-2008, 02:15 PM
Wow, people need to seriously get off Dwight Howard's nuts. How he makes the poll is beyond me. Duncan, Stoudemire, Garnett, Yao are all better.

KingTrue
05-13-2008, 02:33 PM
yeah your right, 22ppg, 15 rebounds is bad huh?

SpiderSense
05-13-2008, 02:43 PM
When did I say he was bad?

Can he be mentioned as potentially the best player in the league? No.

All he does is jump.

Jump and block a shot. Jump and grab a rebound. Jump and dunk the ball. (not to mention how many times is the guy going to goal tend?)

Forgive me if I like players who are polished and actually have a skill set that consist of more moves than "jump higher than the other guy".

sillz100
05-13-2008, 02:48 PM
When did I say he was bad?

Can he be mentioned as potentially the best player in the league? No.

All he does is jump.

Jump and block a shot. Jump and grab a rebound. Jump and dunk the ball. (not to mention how many times is the guy going to goal tend?)

Forgive me if I like players who are polished and actually have a skill set that consist of more moves than "jump higher than the other guy".

a lot of guys have more physical gifts than talent...... Lebron wouldn't be one of the top players in the NBA if he wasn't 6'8" and have a huge vert. He can't shoot. He isn't that quick. But he has the strength to have some range and go through people, draw fouls and jump from 10 feet out.

Scorpion613
05-13-2008, 02:48 PM
yeah your right, 22ppg, 15 rebounds is bad huh?

it is when you can only get 8 and 10 once u get to the playoffs...

stats mean nothing. lebron has better stats than kobe, yet kobe is a better player.

GetHimABodyBag
05-13-2008, 03:09 PM
voted for Steve Nash.

Used to love the NBA when I was a kid, lost interest after Jordan sank the J on Byron Russell. Now it is great, the East used to be dope and now it is the West.

I am a proud Kobe hater from day one, but the man is probably the best out right now, he kind of took a backseat and the team did/is doing great.

Voted for Nash, because I loved the way he plays. He is the most efficient player in the league and will easily be one of the greatest pure point guards.

sillz100
05-13-2008, 03:16 PM
voted for Steve Nash.

Used to love the NBA when I was a kid, lost interest after Jordan sank the J on Byron Russell. Now it is great, the East used to be dope and now it is the West.

I am a proud Kobe hater from day one, but the man is probably the best out right now, he kind of took a backseat and the team did/is doing great.

Voted for Nash, because I loved the way he plays. He is the most efficient player in the league and will easily be one of the greatest pure point guards.

'Best player in the NBA'

not player you like the most........

GetHimABodyBag
05-13-2008, 03:33 PM
'Best player in the NBA'

not player you like the most........

correct, but I think it's debatable between the 2, both have proven to bring their teams into the playoffs, both have talents that are an asset to the team..one with scoring and one with creating. I am a proud Kobe hater and a little stubborn, no way in hell am I voting for Kobe.

sillz100
05-13-2008, 03:39 PM
correct, but I think it's debatable between the 2, both have proven to bring their teams into the playoffs, both have talents that are an asset to the team..one with scoring and one with creating. I am a proud Kobe hater and a little stubborn, no way in hell am I voting for Kobe.

You think its debatable between nash and kobe who is the best player in the world?

ostov
05-13-2008, 03:44 PM
How many times has Chris Paul been into the finals or playoffs?

sillz100
05-13-2008, 03:52 PM
your right lets vote for who has been in the playoffs the most.
why are you pointing to the team aspect of the game? Yes the best player on the team can do a lot to get you to the playoffs or finals but they cannot single handedly do it.......

or lets start doing the smart thing and vote for the far and away best player in the world........... (kobe for those who don't watch basketball)

Gmoney23
05-13-2008, 03:58 PM
it is when you can only get 8 and 10 once u get to the playoffs...

stats mean nothing. lebron has better stats than kobe, yet kobe is a better player.

No I dont think Howard is the best player in the league. But, to be fair I think he did went for 20 and 20 like 3 times this post season? So he was getting more then 8 and 10.. Pistons handled him pretty well though.

He's pretty damn dominating though when you consider he would be a Senior in College right now had he stayed..

KingTrue
05-13-2008, 04:04 PM
stats mean nothing? FAIL statement of my day. they are a huge factor, but they aren't the only factor

PatrickBateman1
05-13-2008, 04:24 PM
Kobe = Best player since Jordan.

Now if you were going to pick someone to be on your team, that's completely different. I'd go with Dwight Howard for that, but I don't think he's nearly the best player in the league.

K_Dave
05-13-2008, 08:08 PM

Hmmm. Seeing how he's been in the league for a very short amount of time and the Hornets had a top 5 pick when they drafted him, I'd say thats not a relavant argument buddy.

Scorpion613
05-13-2008, 09:27 PM
stats mean nothing? FAIL statement of my day. they are a huge factor, but they aren't the only factor

no, not really, because like most people in this section, you are basing your whole argument on stats. If I was basing everything on stats right now then the Celtics would have swept the Hawks and the Cavs.

What's so special about Howard's 19 and 15 when he can't deliver in the playoffs? I know it's a great regular season achievement, but if you want to argue that he is one of the greatest players in the game then those stats mean nothing because he did not deilver in the playoffs. Granted, he is young and will only get better... I'm talking about the present time, not the future.

sillz100
05-13-2008, 09:29 PM

he was probably referring to the noobs who just look at james' stats and say 'omg best player ever.'

Pretty Boy Floyd
05-13-2008, 10:30 PM
All he does is jump.

yeah, so easy a caveman can do it

DaHooligan
05-13-2008, 10:35 PM
Wow, people need to seriously get off Dwight Howard's nuts. How he makes the poll is beyond me. Duncan, Stoudemire, Garnett, Yao are all better.

lmao dwight howard has 0 votes haahah

NoNameNecessary
05-13-2008, 10:46 PM
correct, but I think it's debatable between the 2

No, it isn't.

both have proven to bring their teams into the playoffs, both have talents that are an asset to the team..one with scoring and one with creating.

Your point? They are both valuable members of their team. Still, though, which team is playing in the second round? If you wanted to make a case for a PG, you picked the wrong one.

I am a proud Kobe hater and a little stubborn, no way in hell am I voting for Kobe.

Basically, what you are admitting is that you are letting your "hate" cloud your judgment? You just admitted that, regardless of whether or not he was the best player, you still wouldn't vote for him. Therefore, anything you say in this discussion is virtually null and void.

SpiderSense
05-14-2008, 12:54 AM
lmao dwight howard has 0 votes haahah

I was more referring to the fact that he mad the poll while there was no Tim Duncan or Amare Stoudemire (or Yao I believe).

Not to mention, the 50 point dunk that never happened. The comment isn't only directed at posters here. It's directed at everybody in general.

gainmusclefast
05-14-2008, 07:04 AM
i like T-MAC :) but hes always hurt if he was 100% he would be balliN!

GetHimABodyBag
05-14-2008, 07:13 AM
No, it isn't.

Your point? They are both valuable members of their team. Still, though, which team is playing in the second round? If you wanted to make a case for a PG, you picked the wrong one.

Basically, what you are admitting is that you are letting your "hate" cloud your judgment? You just admitted that, regardless of whether or not he was the best player, you still wouldn't vote for him. Therefore, anything you say in this discussion is virtually null and void.

Yes, it is debatable. This is for sillz, too.

Here's why:

Steve Nash:
-He simply creates awesome plays and creates it at will (just like Kobe can score at will..most of the times), making everyone around him better(something very few people possess, basketball or whatever..that is a true leader and of incredible value to any organization), no matter how you slice it, it comes down to the team play, Jordan didn't start winning until the role players were involved, and this year the Lakers are awesome because they play wonderful as a team.

-One of the highest basketball "IQ's" in the game right now. reading the defense, setting up the plays, when to pass, etc. Like I said, "he is the most efficient player" in the league right now, you can add Duncan as well to that...no movement is wasted like Kobe getting trapped and throw a stupid ass shot and crying about not getting a foul.

-MVP, twice in a row.

-Free throws(free throws wins games) and 3 pointers, plus incredible passing ability=one of the most pure point guards to ever play the game.

side note to consider: Even the "best" players get shut down and owned. See Scottie Pippen and Magic Johnson in 91. The Bad Boy Pistons. The 90's Knicks. Even Tayshun Prince, Raja Bell, and Bowen vs. Kobe Bryant.

People's ideas of an MVP is a pure shooting guard who can score at will, which is what Kobe is.Isn't that what you imagined an MVP is? He is talented, and one of the best players. They both create and lead their team, just different ways. The "hate" comes from crying like an annoying little kid at every play that doesn't go his way (you are a man and you should find this utterly repulsive and unacceptable). I would love to see how Kobe would do against the Knicks, and Pistons in 90's.

If you can't recognize just how incredible Steve Nash is, your thinking is stuck on scoring, scoring, and scoring.

Besides I been a Jordan fan since half of you was swimming in your daddy's sac and the other half chilling in your mommy's ovaries, and you want me to vote for Kobe? hahahha yeah right and it is debatable between Nash and Kobe, I just chose Nash because I think he is the better player. I cannot fathom someone who grew up on the NBA in the 80's and 90's even liking Kobe.

edit:alot of great players don't make it far in the playoffs, doesn't mean one is better than the other..you telling me Clyde Drexler is better than Jordan cause the Trailblazers got to the finals with the Pistons, instead of the Bulls????

edit:If you count assists and points, for this year Kobe:28 and 5, Nash:16 and 11, it both ends up at about 38-40 points for the team total. Other years Nash had a little higher in the points scored, close to 19 and relatively the same avg. amount of assists, making Nash "more valuable" to his team. Also the Suns had the highest scoring percentage in the last 10 years, close to 50 percent, alot of credit goes to Nash for that.

Also, which player gave their team more wins for the last couple of years?

Scorpion613
05-14-2008, 08:50 AM
Yes, it is debatable. This is for sillz, too.

Here's why:

Steve Nash:
-He simply creates awesome plays and creates it at will (just like Kobe can score at will..most of the times), making everyone around him better(something very few people possess, basketball or whatever..that is a true leader and of incredible value to any organization), no matter how you slice it, it comes down to the team play, Jordan didn't start winning until the role players were involved, and this year the Lakers are awesome because they play wonderful as a team.

-One of the highest basketball "IQ's" in the game right now. reading the defense, setting up the plays, when to pass, etc. Like I said, "he is the most efficient player" in the league right now, you can add Duncan as well to that...no movement is wasted like Kobe getting trapped and throw a stupid ass shot and crying about not getting a foul.

-MVP, twice in a row.

-Free throws(free throws wins games) and 3 pointers, plus incredible passing ability=one of the most pure point guards to ever play the game.

side note to consider: Even the "best" players get shut down and owned. See Scottie Pippen and Magic Johnson in 91. The Bad Boy Pistons. The 90's Knicks. Even Tayshun Prince, Raja Bell, and Bowen vs. Kobe Bryant.

People's ideas of an MVP is a pure shooting guard who can score at will, which is what Kobe is.Isn't that what you imagined an MVP is? He is talented, and one of the best players. They both create and lead their team, just different ways. The "hate" comes from crying like an annoying little kid at every play that doesn't go his way (you are a man and you should find this utterly repulsive and unacceptable). I would love to see how Kobe would do against the Knicks, and Pistons in 90's.

If you can't recognize just how incredible Steve Nash is, your thinking is stuck on scoring, scoring, and scoring.

Besides I been a Jordan fan since half of you was swimming in your daddy's sac and the other half chilling in your mommy's ovaries, and you want me to vote for Kobe? hahahha yeah right and it is debatable between Nash and Kobe, I just chose Nash because I think he is the better player. I cannot fathom someone who grew up on the NBA in the 80's and 90's even liking Kobe.

edit:alot of great players don't make it far in the playoffs, doesn't mean one is better than the other..you telling me Clyde Drexler is better than Jordan cause the Trailblazers got to the finals with the Pistons, instead of the Bulls????

edit:If you count assists and points, for this year Kobe:28 and 5, Nash:16 and 11, it both ends up at about 38-40 points for the team total. Other years Nash had a little higher in the points scored, close to 19 and relatively the same avg. amount of assists, making Nash "more valuable" to his team. Also the Suns had the highest scoring percentage in the last 10 years, close to 50 percent, alot of credit goes to Nash for that.

Also, which player gave their team more wins for the last couple of years?

and here's why nash fails, I don't even have to read your entire post:

You can put Kobe in the game knowing that he will shut down the player he is defending. With Nash, you are basicially sacrificing nash's shooting and passing by keeping him in the game knowing that perimeter PG's like chris paul, tony parker, and deron williams will tear him apart. He will be a defensive liability, and he will mess up your team's defensive because you will continually have to watch the lane because nash cannot cover his man.

nash's defensive is one of the main reasons why the suns could not beat the spurs. It's hard to win when you have tony parker going for 40+ points and career highs in the playoffs.

and which player gave their team the most rings in the last 10 years? :p
kobe had shaq, but nash has a decent shaq, amare, barbosa, hill, and bell

johnny87
05-14-2008, 09:26 AM
and here's why nash fails, I don't even have to read your entire post:

You can put Kobe in the game knowing that he will shut down the player he is defending. With Nash, you are basicially sacrificing nash's shooting and passing by keeping him in the game knowing that perimeter PG's like chris paul, tony parker, and deron williams will tear him apart. He will be a defensive liability, and he will mess up your team's defensive because you will continually have to watch the lane because nash cannot cover his man.

nash's defensive is one of the main reasons why the suns could not beat the spurs. It's hard to win when you have tony parker going for 40+ points and career highs in the playoffs.

and which player gave their team the most rings in the last 10 years? :p
kobe had shaq, but nash has a decent shaq, amare, barbosa, hill, and bell

Nash never covers parker win they play the spurs just sayin.

they stick nash on some one who blows on Offense like bowen.

Scorpion613
05-14-2008, 11:06 AM
Nash never covers parker win they play the spurs just sayin.

they stick nash on some one who blows on Offense like bowen.

lol that only further proves my point ... :)

SpiderSense
05-14-2008, 11:15 AM
How's Nash going to be the best player in the NBA when he can't even create his own shot?

He's not even the best PG in the league anymore, that's Chris Paul by a landslide.

johnny87
05-14-2008, 12:50 PM
lol that only further proves my point ... :)

parker was covering boris diaw most of the series so i dont really see your point.

why so ez?
05-14-2008, 12:53 PM
parker was covering boris diaw most of the series so i dont really see your point.

... it proves that nash is terrible defensively.

Oneandonlysunkist
05-14-2008, 01:58 PM
biased poll..it's obviously Kobe

/thread

KingTrue
05-14-2008, 03:10 PM
Scorpian you put up a mean argument my friend, :P haha but I feel stats are a key element (obviously) but I will agree that Kobe is the #1 player, how'd all jump on the CP3 train over this time

lacey23
05-14-2008, 03:19 PM
Damn, CP3's killing this poll. How?

why so ez?
05-14-2008, 03:20 PM
Damn, CP3's killing this poll. How?

lol kobe haters. everyone knows kobe is the best player in the nba.

sillz100
05-14-2008, 03:22 PM
Nice poll.

This is now the dumbest section on bb.com. It was close for a while with some of the other sections.

K_Dave
05-14-2008, 08:16 PM
Wow. did someone vote for Chris Paul like 200 times last night?

7~911
05-14-2008, 08:32 PM
Chris Paul is owning Kobe in this poll.

v1sion
05-14-2008, 09:02 PM
according to the poll only 125 people knows what they're talking about

captain_marvel
05-14-2008, 09:08 PM
The best raw athleticism in the league -- Lebron James

The best overall talent in the leage-- Kobe Bryant

The best overall solid franchise champion --Tim Duncan

There is really no arguing any of that.

Yeah Chris Paul had a great season but a better overall player than Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett, and Tim Duncan not even being on the poll? What a joke and a disgrace to people with any basketball knowledge at all. No Dwayne Wade? He is better than 95% of people listed in the poll.

This thread and poll show that the majority of people in the sports section know nothing about basketball.

/failing thead

Scorpion613
05-14-2008, 09:13 PM
The best raw athleticism in the league -- Lebron James

The best overall talent in the leage-- Kobe Bryant

The best overall solid franchise champion --Tim Duncan

There is really no arguing any of that.

Yeah Chris Paul had a great season but a better overall player than Kobe Bryant, Kevin Garnett, and Tim Duncan not even being on the poll? What a joke and a disgrace to people with any basketball knowledge at all. No Dwayne Wade? He is better than 95% of people listed in the poll.

This thread and poll show that the majority of people in the sports section know nothing about basketball.

/failing thead

dirk, tmac, howard, and deron should be wiped off that list. They're all great players, but best player in the league? I don't think so... Nash is getting old too but it's hard to argue against a guy scoring about 15, 10+ assists, shooting 50% from the field, 90% from the line, and 40% from the three point line..

captain_marvel
05-15-2008, 01:14 AM
dirk, tmac, howard, and deron should be wiped off that list. They're all great players, but best player in the league? I don't think so... Nash is getting old too but it's hard to argue against a guy scoring about 15, 10+ assists, shooting 50% from the field, 90% from the line, and 40% from the three point line..

Yeah I agree with that. Wade and Duncan in place of McGrady and Williams and there would be at least a legitimate list of ten there.

And Paul is great but, Kobe, Garnett and even Lebron should all be ahead of Paul in the voting. Duncan and Wade too if they were added IMO.

Lb54TG
02-21-2013, 10:09 AM
Very interesting. This was the year LeBron won his first mvp.
And also almost average a triple double against the magic.

But no help on his team. Brb out rebounded by Dwight and taller bigs shooting 3s delonte and mo Williams couldn't play for ****

speddddd
02-21-2013, 10:17 AM
Very interesting. This was the year LeBron won his first mvp.
And also almost average a triple double against the magic.

But no help on his team. Brb out rebounded by Dwight and taller bigs shooting 3s delonte and mo Williams couldn't play for ****

Lebron has only been a factor in the NBA past two seasons. Only Lebron nuthuggers who just started watching NBA don't know this.

dootlah
02-21-2013, 10:17 AM
Would choose CP3.

Lb54TG
02-21-2013, 10:24 AM
Lebron has only been a factor in the NBA past two seasons. Only Lebron nuthuggers who just started watching NBA don't know this.

Not sure if serious... He only had help the last two seasons. His starting lineup would only be bench players on other teams...

Idiot he took his team to the finals in 07.

Phaggot.

speddddd
02-21-2013, 10:25 AM
Not sure if serious... He only had help the last two seasons. His starting lineup would only be bench players on other teams...

Idiot he took his team to the finals in 07.

Phaggot.

You mean Wade and Bosh carrying him? Got it.

Lb54TG
02-21-2013, 10:31 AM
You mean Wade and Bosh carrying him? Got it.

Strong username to post content ratio.

I'm out..